Salcura Conditioner sensitive & dry scalp

No Image

3.5

Aqua, Lauroyl Sarcosine, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Glycine Soja Extract, Panthenol, Hippophae Rhamnoides, Cetearyl Glucoside, Triticum Vulgare.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

For some reason, my scalp has become crazy sensitive lately. I seem to react to everything I out on my head. I stopped getting highlights a year ago because my scalp became irritated after each salon visit. This has progressed to the point that I have been searching for the MOST gentle of products to use on my hair. My hair is quite long, so treating my hair well is also of concern. I did some research and Salcura seemed well liked. I ordered from the UK and tried the shampoo first. It's not bad (it actually lathers nicely for a sulfate free shampoo). I had some itching after use, but it was bearable. Today I used the conditioner for the first time. It's ok...left my hair soft-ish, but here's the kicker. Isopropyl alcohol is fifth on the ingredient list!!! Seriously?? This is supposed to be for the most sensitive of scalps and you put rubbing alcohol in it?? I will finish the bottle but won't repurchase! Seriously dissapointed and my itchy scalp today indicates it isn't a good fit for me either!

on 5/25/2013 6:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

The Salcura line was one of my top beauty finds last year. Last autumn a stylist used some harsh products on my hair, and my sensitive but otherwise normal scalp went crazy. Most of my usual products made me itchy, flaky and sore. I was using salcura's lovely face wash with great success so I decided to give the shampoo and conditioner a try. The formulation is very simple - gentle cleansing agents, no sulfates, no silicones. "Aroma" is listed - the products have a mild orange juice scent. They contain sea buckthorn oil which is something of a miracle ingredient for my skin. These products brought my scalp back to normal and worked very well for my fine, straight hair as well. With spring I've been able to use more of my former favourites without trouble, but I'll definitely repurchase this if I ever have dry/irritated scalp issues again.