Dr. Jart+ Platinum Beauty Balm

Dr. Jart+ Platinum Beauty Balm

3.0

on 9/2/2015 2:53:00 PM

So disappointed with this BB Cream! I had read numerous reviews online about how 'pale' and 'light' this shade of Dr Jarts BB Cream was. As someone with fair, yellow toned skin I loved the sound of this and bought it whilst it was half price in Boots. Wish I hadn't. It's extremely thick and heavy and difficult to blend, it's thicker than any foundation I've ever tried...there's no way you could apply this with a brush..it clumps and sticks to the back of my hand in the time it takes me to start applying it to my face with my fingers. It does impart a nice glow on the skin but that's pretty much the only thing I like about it. It also oxidises like crazy which could be to do with the SPF in it, and the shade has a very strong orange undertone to it which looks ridiculous on me. Glad I got this whilst it was half price and I didn't pay too much.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I liked this product, despite what the other reviewers have said about it. I really liked that the coverage was more like a light coverage foundation and as I have pale skin the colour match was great. A lot of the time I can't use BB Creams, as even in the lightest shade they are too dark and/or orange for me.

The texture is thick, but applying it with my fingers I find that it is creamy and luxurious, resulting in a beautiful dewy finish. I love finishing powders, so I do apply powder afterwards, but I doubt this is strictly necessary.

I haven't had any problems with cakey-ness of this product, but I would say that if you have oily skin, the it's probably not going to be right for you. I tend to find that this is too dewy/moisturising/oily to be worn across the whole eye area, as it results in creasing, but otherwise I haven't had any issues.

I would repurchase this, mainly due to the high SPF content and the high coverage.

on 11/24/2013 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I found this heavy, shiny, and unnatural looking. I don't think that the SPF was very effective, although I used the product generously. The most serious problem was that it significantly worsened fine lines, which have gone away since I stopped using Dr Jart.

I also used the Dr Jart Regenerating, and preferred the Platinum, as it is a bit less thick, and the colour is a bit more natural, however I had the same problems with both - cake-y, unnatural, and worsened fine lines.