4.2

price range

Reviews

from

2 months ago

I have what my dermatologist once called "whitehead pimples". They are very tiny and cause bumpiness throughout my skin and most normal acne/pimple treatments never really worked. This product promises even skintone and anti-ageing properties, but being in my early 20s I do not see much "anti-ageing" differences in my skin but what I did notice is that within just 2 uses it completely got rid of all the annoying bumpy pimples around my face and even though my blemishes are sort of still there I am surprised I have finally found a product that got rid of those whitehead completely. Would recommend!! But its just really expensive.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinOily, Olive

HairBlack

10 months ago

I've been using these a long time and when I inevitably stray to try a different exfoliator type product I always come back. I have oily skin that is prone to breakouts, but this has never caused any problems for me. I don't find it has any stinging or uncomfortable sensation, but my skin has become pretty tough through retinoid use. I note that the instructions say to apply a moisturizer/serum right after, but I didn't like the effect when I did that. I've found that rinsing my face off with water after using these is best, because the times when I've haven't done that at night my skin is a little extra red in the morning. After a single use my skin looks smoother and less textured, for about 3 days. So I have to wonder about whether there's much additional benefit of using them everyday as the instructions say (of course brands want you to use up their products as quickly as possible...). I also love the packaging; so very easy for travel.

About reviewer (137 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

a year ago

Wow damn I didn’t know this product is actually quite popular. I’m impressed as I’ve never heard of this brand. And I have heard of peels before but haven’t tried any. This stuff is STRONG. The first step has an extremely pungent chemical smell but still bearable. It stings my face a lot and I kept wondering if it is safe for use. The 2nd step is a lot milder and just slightly warms your face. But I’ll tell u why it is so addictive and I dared to use it consecutively for days. It really smooths the skin and makes it look bright and clean. I think it is a pretty amazing peel to work with but u got to be really diligent to rub it in your face for about 5-10minutes. I’d also highly recommend putting serum and a rich moisturiser after U’re done

About reviewer (209 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Relaxed, Medium

EyesBlack

a year ago

My skin has been in and out of love with these peel pads... I would not recommend using these on days that your skin has any high sensitivity (eg sunburn dryness etc...) I just use them as and when I need them and definitely not every day way too drying for that! But my goodness I do love these things... my skin is very acne prone and my pores are large , I scar easily as I am very fair and I feel as though these pads help with each complaint I have! They are a little finicky and annoying admittedly and not I repeat not for daily use! When I first purchased these I was building my way up to using them every day and it was way to much for my skin I really don’t know who could use these every day! They would definitely disturb the moisture barrier if over used. Application- I have started cutting the pads in half as they are far too big for my face and are soaked well in the peel solution, this way I get twice the use out of the pack. They do tingle if you aren’t used to the feeling it’s like a little reminder that it’s literally removing the outermost layer of dead skin and doing a bloody good job too! That’s step one done wait two mins... then step two the anti ageing part! (applied the same way) I experience a deeper tingling sensation with this step but it dissipates very quickly your face just feels a little “warm”. Results- After 6 months of using these at random intervals I feel like they make such a difference that for me they are definitely worth the money ($140NZD 1-month supply of daily use) I generally use them when my skin texture is feeling rough or looking dull! They just do what they say and I can’t ask for much more! They are travel friendly as the tubs screw tight and are quite small to be fair in comparison to other products of similar quality on the market. Dennis gross is quite minimal in terms of packaging which I really like it looks kind of like medication everything is easy to read,simple and clean just a basic pot! No messing around with posh kids or fancy embellishments! (Tatcha anyone? Haha ) Over all I’ll continue to buy these unless I find something better but with my skin being who she is I just stick to what I like !! At the end of the day skincare can only support what you put in your body so you can’t expect miracles from a jar if you aren’t fuelled with nutrients <3

About reviewer (24 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrown

EyesBlue

2 years ago

I got this as a 100 point sample from Sephora and I'm in love. I'm thinking about purchasing the full size. I have a lot of acne scars and texture from those scars that I never had before and that I need to get rid of. I tried this last night and I can see a visible difference when I woke up this morning. I can't wait to see what this does after frequent use. Step 1 smells!!! But I will overlook that fact because I am getting results. It also stings a little as you're wiping this on your face. Step 2 smells less than step 1. I rubbed this all over my face until the pad was dry and waited 2 minutes like step 1 then I used moisturizer. It does sting a little bit here too but after the sting goes away it kind of feels like bubbles on your skin.

About reviewer (351 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

2 years ago

I love these for travel. They do tingle but they don't irritate my skin, and they leave my face soft and glowy and ready to absorb a good moisturizer.

About reviewer (361 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Curly, Other

2.0

2 years ago

Very tingly upon usage, each and every time. My skin felt smooth after, but I don't really notice a difference long term. Extremely expensive.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBrown

3.0

2 years ago

Was persuaded to try this by Caroline Hirons' blog. I love pretty much everything she says but it is very clear we have very different skin types! Washing face with cleansing balm/oil and no foaming cleanser = acne for me. And, unfortunately, this experiment ended up the same... Number one is - $88 for a one month supply is just too much. I was planning to use it at least once a day, as directed, so no. If it had worked better I might have alternated it with something more affordable but, still, not ideal. It discourages me from using it as often as you should to get all the benefits anyway. At first my skin looked really glowy and great (albeit not as great as with my Jan Marini Bioclear Lotion - which seems to work faster/better on acne and pigmentation for me). Then, I noticed my sunspots were getting worse (despite wearing my Anthelios 50 XL religiously like I do every day so they don't come back) and I wasn't even getting more sun than I had been in summer. The Jan Marini didn't make me this sensitive to the sun, and it seems to work better, so...my only guess is the alcohol or fragrance or menthol or something else in this was sensitizing my skin. Then, of course, I started breaking out. Did not suspect it was this at first but I kept using it thinking the salicylic and whatever would help and when it didn't I stopped using it, went back to the Jan Marini, and starting clearing up quickly. I'll give it three stars because maybe for someone with less reactive skin they could use this and just stay at that glowy point without the other side effects I got. I really don't know. And it does look great on paper - lots of vitamins and good stuff. Having picky skin is no fun : ( I wish I could mix it up a bit more but, hey, if it ain't broke don't fix it. (Easier said than done.) If this didn't work for you, try the Jan Marini or a more no-frills formula with no alcohol or fragrance. Edit: forgot to mention, as another reviewer did, that, yes, it does also feel wasteful going through those individual foil packets (don't think they are recyclable) and wipes - and I feel like the jar would dry out or something (?).

About reviewer (24 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBlond

EyesOther

3 years ago

This peel is great, but I use it for acne more than for anti-ageing. I am early 20s and get occasional breakouts and these really help. I have never had any bad experience with irritation or redness, and the alcohol smell does not bother me at all. At first I experienced a light stinging but after one or two times that stopped. Because they are so expensive, I cut them in half to make them last longer. I use half of a pad every second day.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

3.0

4 years ago

Wow, these pads are strong. And by strong, I mainly mean strong in alcohol. Opening the first sachet (which is the BHA step i.e. salicylic acid based), you really get hit in the face by a smack of cheap rubbing alcohol. It is unpleasant to say the least. I have followed the instructions every time I have used these, which involves waiting 2-3 minutes in between the two steps. There is no guidance to rinse the skin in between or after each step (as compared to the Peter Thomas Unwrinkle Peel Roth pads, which instruct you to rinse your skin after three minutes). It feels a bit strange not rinsing after using the Dennis Gross pads as they are so strong and medicinal feeling. One thing I should mention is that the packaging of these pads is excellent for travelling. The two sachets comprising each treatment are attached together and all individually wrapped. It's nice not having to lug around bulky container and the sachet packaging ensures that the pads do not dry out over time. In terms of results, I can't say I have noticed a huge difference over the month I have been using them. They haven't dried out my skin which is surprising because they are very strong. On the other hand, I don't notice any improvement in refining my pores or smoothing the texture of my skin. They certainly don't leave me with a 'glow'. While I don't use them every night (more like three times a week), I think using them any more frequently would be excessive for most people, both in terms of the formulation and also on the damage done to your wallet. Also, while it is unrealistic to expect every product to deliver instant results, I must say that I have noticed an almost immediate difference with other acid toners, at least on the first few uses (eg Pixi Glow Tonic and Peter Thomas Roth Unwrinkle Pads). Taking that into account, the Dr Dennis Gross pads were perhaps a little disappointing, especially since they are at a higher price point than the other two. I am unlikely to repurchase these.

About reviewer (88 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral