Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads

Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads

4.4

Water, Glycolic Acid, Ethoxydiglycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Lactate (Lactic Acid), Rosa Centifolia Flower Water, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Ppg-5-Ceteth-20, Butylene Glycol, Arginine, Linolenic Acid (Vitamin F), Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Retinol (Vitamin A), Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D), Alanine, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Salicylic Acid, Caprylic/Capric, Triglyceride, Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea.

on 7/15/2017 2:04:00 PM

Meh. I used all 60 pads and they didn't do anything for me at all. I have tried other brands (Philosophy, Dr. Dennis Gross, Murad and my favourite, First Aid Beauty, and seen good results from all) I have tried several PTR products, all of which have been unimpressive. I'm done with this brand.

on 7/15/2017 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I've been a long time user of Paula's choice Bha 2% toner after washing my face. I don't usually see much difference with that product so I decided a change was due so I picked up this product. After using just 2 times I saw a major difference! Pores were clearer and smaller and skin looked clearer. I did not know I was supposed to rinse the solution off and I don't. I don't think my skin suffers in any way with leaving this on. The pads are so saturated that I do my hands, arms, chest, upper back, face, neck, and still the pads are not dried out. I may try cutting them in half but they are slippery little things. The solution is a little soapy feeling but only a little irritating so I am working up to using these every night. Since I have rosacea I am being careful. I found a deal on these on Jet.com.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

OOPS - I didn't know we were supposed to RINSE these off! I've used them about 5-6 times without rinsing and didn't even notice it to be a problem! Hmmm.....I guess my skin is used to the acids and whatnot. I didn't suffer any effect by not rinsing!!!

I'm not sure I would repurchase these due to price but they do feel really nice going on. They do not tingle on me at all and actually have some moisturizing aspects to them which I like. Each pad is well saturated.

Jury is out on whether these are really doing much for my skin but they are definitely not hurting. They feel comfortable on my dry-ish 45 year old skin.

I used up the whole tub and didn't find these did anything for my skin beyond what a Pixi Glow Tonic can do for a much lower price. This was advertised as having a much higher acid percentage than a number of other peel pads/exfoliating toners and I just don't find them to yield results better than cheaper acid alternatives. I get much better results from my beloved P50.

on 1/4/2017 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

For me an over rated product. If you are of a certain age, have had peels,microdermabrasion, needling or whatever, this won't do a thing. This will probably work for skin that hasn't done anything and more for those in mid-30s.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Just as a disclaimer, I will say it is sometimes very difficult for me to rate skincare and haircare products that are preventative in nature, because it is hard to tell just how much they're working (or not working). With that said, I'll do my best to give an honest appraisal of these pads.
Since I don't have wrinkles yet, I can't speak to that aspect of this product, but that doesn't mean it's laying dormant on my face. When I use these pads (I cut them into quarters because a fourth of each pad has enough product on it to spread a layer onto my face and neck), I can definitely feel them exfoliating and "working on" my skin, though they don't burn or irritate in any way.
I usually leave this on for somewhere between 30 minutes to an hour, then wash my face and apply whatever moisturizers I'm using at the moment. I feel like these pads do make my skin feel smoother and healthier immediately after use.
After a few months of consistent use my skin does look fresher and my pores very clear. I generally use them about every three days but want to bump that up to every night and see what happens, because I don't have sensitive skin and this isn't a harsh product at least in my experience. Although I have several skin products in rotation, I know these are a great addition to my routine.
The price is not really a hindrance; I think I found these on eBay for about $25 for a jar of 60. I believe they retail for about $45, but if you're diligent you can find some great deals on eBay or Amazon. Also, if you're cutting them into halves or quarters and using them about three times a week, you can see how they can be stretched quite a bit and not put a huge dent in your wallet.

on 3/3/2016 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this in the unwrinkle kit and this was one of the better products in the kit.

The pads have a ton of solution on them, so they don't dry out and I can use this all over my face, neck and decolletage. It tingles just a bit, like tiny bubbles are popping all over me. I used these in the morning before my shower, so I could wash the excess off my face.

I think my skin felt smoother and looked brighter after using these. I don't know what it does for wrinkles since I only had 20 to use, so I will probably purchase the full size jar to see how well they work for my emerging fine lines.

on 12/24/2015 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I purchased the small tub of 20 Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads quite a while ago. I stopped using them after initially trying them and didn't have a very favorable opinion of them. After recently trying them again- who knew they wouldn't be dried out after all that time in the container?!- I have changed my tune. I suspect that these didn't have much of an effect at first because I was on top of my physical and chemical exfoliation. But I rarely have the time and desire to do much at night these days, so even my Clarisonic sits unused. I was impressed by how much my skin texture changed for the better after just a few uses of the Un-wrinkle Peel Pads. If you don't have a decent exfoliating step in your current regimen and you don't mind an emollient peel (perhaps the less than luxurious corn oil is to blame), this is one to consider. I do agree with cutting the pads in half to make the tub more price effective. I also agree that this doesn't need to be washed off unless you're suffering from irritation. I think I like the less emollient Dr Dennis Gross Extra Strength Alpha Beta Peel better, but I might return to the Un-wrinkle Peel Pads if wintertime turns cold and dry.

on 12/18/2015 1:06:00 PM

I really liked these at first. I didn't notice any dramatic results or anything but they seemed like they were doing what they claim. However, after just a few days of using them once or twice a day, I started breaking out. Back they go.

I am totally impressed with this product. I've been fighting with hormonal acne that comes with perimenopause and my skin has been, for want of a better phrase, freaking out. Not only do I have wrinkles, I have zits, and I have discoloration on my lower cheeks. These pads help me battle all three problems, and with use of only 4 of the 20 pads in the jar, I have already seen a *marked* improvement in my skin tone, texture, and eruptions. These are pricey little buggers, but they deliver on the things they promise. I highly recommend them.