Deciem The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution

Deciem The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution
The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling SolutionThe Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling SolutionThe Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution

4.3

Glycolic Acid, Aqua (Water), Arginine, Propanediol, Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Triethanolamine, Salicylic Acid, Aminomethyl Propanol, Lactic Acid, Tartaric Acid, Citric Acid, Panthenol, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Tasmannia Lanceolata Fruit/Leaf Extract, Daucus Carota Sativa Extract, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Ethylhexylglycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol.

No miracles, but then I don’t have blackheads that I want to remove - just a desire for really smooth skin. This product does that quite well. Make sure you moisturise after! It can leave my skin quite dry.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I'm a HUGE fan of this product!

This product can be so beneficial to the texture and look of your skin when properly used in a facial routine.

I make sure to do a peel twice monthly using this product followed by micellar water (nab the residue), a hydrating or soothing sheet mask and moisturizer to finish.

It's to my benefit that I do not have highly sensitive skin or acne prone skin (I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone who does). This peel definitely gives you a tingle and if you have an acute sense of smell, you can smell the 'burn' of your skin peeling.

A great product to treat pimples, blackheads, whiteheads & acne.

I've been using this once every 10 days in conjunction with the Ordinary's Retinoid 2%, Lactic Acid 5%, (basically all the acids)

So far it hasn't irritated my skin or caused rashes. Gives me a nice glow the following morning. Funny enough...if your skin is even a tiny bit moist/damp...this starts to burn a bit!

Overall great value & a power player against over-expensive chemical peel products!

on 9/11/2018 4:00:00 PM

This product works. It's very potent. I'm no stranger to chemical exfoliating so, I wasn't sure this would do much for me. To my surprise, it works great! I leave it on for 10 minutes then rinse. I'm left with the smoother and softer skin. I can tell a slight difference immediately after use. When I use a few times a week my skin glows. I do feel a bit of tingling when I use this, it's a little uncomfortable. Nothing major tho just something I don't experience with other products.

Pros:
Easy to use
Great ingrediants
Affordable
Effective

Cons:
Could be too strong for some, patch test first!

I love this. It's earned a permanent spot in my mask drawer.

on 9/10/2018 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

It just didn't do much for me. I tried this years ago on skin with cystic acne and congestion, but even after multiple applications, it didn't seem to help. This one stings a lot when applied.

on 9/7/2018 8:41:00 AM

I'm not sure what I'm missing with this one, but I just dont get the hype!

I have congested skin, very prone to blackheads, and I have been using various acid exfoliants for around 18mths now which have completely changed my skin for the better. When I saw the reviews on the peeling solution (...and the price!), I bought it immediately thinking that this must be some special drugstore gem that I had missed out on. Sadly this doesnt change the texture or congestion in my skin, it feels nice afterwards for a day or so, but that is it.

Not worth it for me.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

A big fan of Drunk Elephants 'Babyfacial' which is a slightly lower: 25% AHA and 2% BHA, I wanted to give this a try to see if I could get the same, if not better results but at a much more affordable price point.
Whilst this did have pretty much the same impact on my skin as D.E (cleared and more refined pores, better skin texture) I could not use for longer than 3 minutes due to the irritation, and that's after trying twice to allow my skin to build up tolerance. Although other MUA'ers experienced less irritation with The Ordinary's compared to D.E's, for some reason my skin reacted the complete pposite way. I guess it must like all the botanicals in the D.E formula that unfortunately (I'm guessing) push the price of that product up so much!

Not wanting to waste it, I tried as a peel on my stubbornly rough heels overnight. 2 drops on each and left to dry for 10 minutes before climbing into bed. No problem at all, even when used for 3 nights in a row. However I didn't experience quite what I had hoped to, results were mediocre at best. Will try for a longer period of nights and update if it makes a difference.

The liquid does have an uncanny resemblance to blood so be sure to warn other people in your household before you walk around and frighten them! A good and affordable product but one that didn't quite work out for me unfortunately...

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 8/31/2018 1:22:00 PM

love! I have sensitive skin and I was very worried that this would irritate it, but it never does. I only leave it in for 5-7 Minutes once a week, it makes my skin very smooth and soft. the only bad thing if the first Minute it is on it stings a bit and I just want to scratch my face.

on 8/31/2018 4:39:00 AM

This s*** works! Just my advice: don't use it so often. Use it once a week max, have some other mask for the inbetween day. For example something else on wednesday and use this on a sunday... It works sooo well! My favorite product. Don't expect miracles, but this out of all products gets closest to an actual miracle in my opinion. Great stuff

on 8/27/2018 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This leaves my skin feeling so soft. Use it once a week. I have sensitive skin so I only leave it on for around 5 mins. Definitely value for money.