Deciem The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution

Deciem The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution

4.4

Glycolic Acid, Aqua (Water), Arginine, Propanediol, Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Triethanolamine, Salicylic Acid, Aminomethyl Propanol, Lactic Acid, Tartaric Acid, Citric Acid, Panthenol, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Tasmannia Lanceolata Fruit/Leaf Extract, Daucus Carota Sativa Extract, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Ethylhexylglycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol.

on 4/13/2018 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I use this twice a week and this along with a few other Ordinary products have really helped my skin. After having a baby last year I've been struggling with acne and melasma. These products have really changed the texture of my skin and have all but eliminated the acne. I do still get a monthly spot or 2 but they are smaller and go away quickly. The melasma has lightened up but that may never clear up completely no matter what I use so I keep expectations in check there. This is not a professional peel this is more of maintenance product for exfoliation and pore clearing. You wont actually peel. I wouldn't want to use a product that harsh at home. I'll leave that to a professional Derm. This is great for overall skin clarity and brightening though and definitely worth the low price. I'm happy with it.

on 3/18/2018 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I have used this over 6 times now. I have mixed feelings on it.

PROS: It's an insanely good value. Using it once or twice a week means it will last quite a long time. It also gives me a quick fix in the brightness department. I use this and the next day my skin usually looks a little less pigmented. It also doesn't make a mess or anything like you would expect from a traditional clay mask. Love the fact that it's red too, it

CONS: It doesn't cause skin peeling and I don't feel it's that exfoliating either. There isn't that immediate gratificiation smooth feeling after use I get with scrubs or leave on things. The first like 3 times i used this too, nothing happened. Sometimes there is a little stinging, but there was nothing when I began. Nothing good or bad. It was like I had used a placebo product. I have since left it on longer than the 10 minutes and another time, applied it to slightly damp skin as an experiment. Results were similar, however a little bit of dehydration was creeping up on me. Unless your skin is really sensitive or compromised, I don't think this is that intense of a product even though it does have a lot of acid. I tried it on two other people though who are not experienced with acids and it was "get this off my skin now" and the other one could only stand less than a minute LOL. This is not my skin's first time with acids.

OVERALL: If I were to judge it by how it describes itself, as a superficial peeling mask that exfoliates, I would say it's not living up to that (2 or 1). However, it is easy to use and gentle enough that I don't need to worry about it, so I've continued to use it. Over time I feel that it is working better, but it's not going to get those quick smooth feeling results from a leave on AHA or exfoliating cleanser or device. Over time it's been working better. I'll keep using it for maintenance or because it's WAYYYY cheaper than sheet masks and such.

on 3/18/2018 1:05:00 AM

The only other product I can compare this to is MUAC with all their different at-home peels. Both are extremely affordable and come packaged in liquid form that you apply and rinse off. But I can honestly say that I like this peel better than anything I ever bought from MUAC, and there are a few reasons why.

MUAC is kind of scary. They have burn-your-face-off, skin-peeling-off-in-sheets, shouldn't-a-dermatologist-really-be-doing-this?-products that I used to use back in the day. This peel, that peel, they offer all manner of peels. I stopped using MUAC a long time ago. My skin isn't perfect, but it's just skin. I really don't need to put it through all that, I decided.

But I do love a nice exfoliation. Added glow, a quick skin pick-me-up, this light peel from The Ordinary is perfect for that. I like that it's packaged with a dropper. And I really like that it's tinted. This makes it easy to see where the product has already been applied and how much has been applied in one area. Easier application with this compared to MUAC. I leave it on for ten minutes and rinse off with water. Followed by a wash with a gentle foaming face wash (I don't want to leave anything behind) and a slathering with a luxurious moisturizing cream.

My skin is left looking glowy and gorgeous. No downtime, no peeling. No tingling either, but my skin isn't sensitive.

It really is a gentle product that you don't need to be wary of, and it delivers great results as well. I'd buy it again!

on 3/10/2018 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

This item was just meh for me. I think it depends on how much experience you've had with professional peels whether you'll like this one. The stinging was mild, the results lackluster and might require repetitive use to see any difference. Good packaging and price points though. I'll keep on hand but not repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is a nice at-home peel. I don't use it very often because I already use other acids on a daily basis but this is nice for an occasional pick me up.

Best product ever! I'm used to acids, but boy this stings! However, if I leave it on for 10 minutes my undereye mica are dramatically reduced! It really helps unclog pores as well and exfoliate the upper layers of skin for that wonderful "fresh face" glow. Beware however, it's very strong, and you WILL look like an axe murderer if anyone catches you with this treatment on :)
Once a week of this is enough for me, so it will last me ages! Can recommend for anyone wanting to try a "new face" in less than 15 minutes.

on 2/14/2018 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

So, you know those warnings that say “use as directed”? I’m usually all about them. But when this peel proved way too strong for my face, (patch test people!) I used it on my feet. And it worked great! I put down an old towel (because this product is a deep red color) spread the peel all over my feet and toenails, wrapped my feet in plastic wrap, waited 30 minutes, then rinsed with body wash and water. My feet were pretty soft, and a lot of the dead skin around my cuticles was gone. I followed up with a rich foot cream. Next time I’m going to let it sit for 45 minutes and see if I can get even better results. My words of caution are to use common sense. You’re putting acid on your body - if you leave it on too long, you will get a chemical burn, and it will hurt. If the peel feels uncomfortable in any way and / or starts to sting, wash it off! It shouldn’t sting AT ALL. It was much gentler than a rasp or a foot file, just use with discretion.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Got this in the mail today and after reading all the good reviews I immediately wanted to try it out. I should have listened to the advise on the packaging and try it on a small area first to see how my skin would react. After washing it of my face my skin felt great. However, after 15 minutes some rash appeared on my cheeks which made them look even redder than they did with the solution on them. Fortunately the rash didn't appear on my forehead and chin (which are my greasier areas), so I am going to continue using the solution on those areas once or twice a week and maybe 5 minutes instead of 10, because despite the rash the product seems great! My skin seems smoother and feels incredibly soft.

So I still believe that the product can do something great for your skin, just be VERY CAREFUL with sensitive/ dry skin. My skin usually doesn't react as bad as it did to this product. You'd better don't take a risk and do as the package says: just try a little bit on a small area of your face to see how it reacts.

on 2/1/2018 1:24:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

SPOT TEST
Before trying this all over, i decided to spot test on a couple of 1-2" areas on my cheek and forehead at night. My skin was well buffered by a light jojoba/sunflower oil application hours before (the directions say to use this on clean, dry skin but I thought I'd try it with a buffer, just in case). I only felt the mildest of tingling when applied, and that might have been aided by the buffer of oil. I left it on for 10 minutes. Immediately after application, the only irritation I noticed were a couple of (before unseen) small comedones on my cheek that had flared, but that went away after an hour. The next day, I didn't notice any difference, good or bad on the spot test areas.

ALL OVER APPLICATION
1) The morning after my spot test, I did an all over application after waiting around 30 minutes after cleansing, on a bare, dry face. It stung more than the previous night, and during the entire 10 minutes that I left it on. But it was pretty mild, not too unbearable. I rinsed thoroughly and noticed some stinging each time I passed water over my face with my hands. Immediately after rinsing, my skin felt a little prickly and tight so I applied one drop of jojoba oil. After about 5 minutes the prickly feeling subsided considerably then vanished in a couple hours. The only place I saw immediate irritation after rinsing this off was where I had applied it to too close to the orbital half moon area under my eye, on one side. The skin was reddened, this went away after 15-30 min. The rest of my face had no redness. By midday i did noticed that my pores were less visible and my skin felt tighter, but I know that's probably temporary because AHA is after all, an irritant. I'm interested to see of this will provide any exfoliation in the in the few days.
Follow up: this didn't produce any flaking or peeling. I did seem to make my skin a little smoother (maybe drier?) but i might be imagining that part. I'm going to try it again in a week or two before making a judgment.

on 1/28/2018 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is a good & strong acid mask! It leaves my skin very soft and I can see the effect immediately the day after. Only con is that I can only use it once a week otherwise my skin will freak out. I think it’s because of the lactic acid, as I never had any irritation from BHA before.