4.2

$7.20 on Skinstore
Shop Now

Reviews

20 days ago

OMG! I love this stuff. You can't beat the price an it's very effective. I felt that tingle pretty soon after applying and knew I'd found gold. Great product. Will repurchase when I'm out.

About reviewer (158 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairOther, Curly, Fine

a month ago

I love using this before an event or once a fortnight. The texture is liquid but not runny. One has a slight tingling sensation but it doesn't last. After rinsing, the skin looks fresh and radiant. Very good stuff. It also helps spots mature earlier. For this price, no complaints from me.

About reviewer (123 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOther, Dark

HairBlack

a month ago

This is one of the first products I purchased from The Ordinary, and it has been one of my favorites. It is a weekly peel that contains 30% glycolic, lactic, tartaric and citric acids (how much of each acid, I'm not sure) and 2% BHA (salicylic acid). The BHA gets deeper into the pores while the AHAs peel the surface layers. While the product does add other ingredients to help with irritation, it is a higher concentration of acids so if you're new to peels, you might want to start off with using other peels first and then work your way up to using this as a weekly peel. I've used this and Drunk Elephant Babyfacial and The Ordinary is similar (perhaps a slightly higher AHA) yet far cheaper and just as effective. The product is a blood red color, so when you apply it to your face it will be red...just a fair warning for those who do not live alone. It is also vegan and cruelty-free which is a plus.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinOther, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Coarse

EyesBlue

3.0

a month ago

i am not entirely sure how i feel about this product, as currently i already use other acids in my routine. it certainly has not had a negative impact on my skin, i just don't know that i can attribute any of the good thing happening to my face to this and this alone. as others have mentioned, the product tingles on application and throughout the duration of the time it's on your face. it's definitely an unpleasant feeling but not entirely intolerable. i use 7 drops so i'm only applying a very thin layer. i've never tried applying more than that to see if it would make any difference in my results, but i can't imagine that it would. as of the past 6+ months, my routine has been as follows: AHA 30% + BHA 2% solution every other night. salicylic 2% solution followed by 5% glycolic solution on the nights i don't use the 30/2%. moisturizer primarily in the mornings during summer, occasionally in the evenings in winter or whenever my skin seems to be getting flaky (i'm genetically oily and moisturizers often break me out when used in excess or when they're too occlusive). finally, i spot treat with benzoyl peroxide and try to keep a sunscreen on hand to use in the mornings, however as of late i've run out and have yet to pick up a new tube. my skin is generally in good condition. my routine controls the vast majority of my whiteheads + larger under the skin bumps, and i've seen a slight reduction in blackheads since starting this routine several months ago as well. the only thing it doesn't seem to do much for is closed comedones on my upper cheeks, but those don't really get to be too bothersome anyway. in general, when i wake up in the mornings, provided i've been keeping up with my skincare in recent days, my skin appears bright, plump, and even. i'm thinking i might do away with the 5% glycolic when i run out of it and see how my skin fares with just the 30/2% + 2% salicylic on alternating days. i will certainly update my review here when the time comes.

About reviewer (92 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Relaxed, Fine

EyesGray

3.0

a month ago

Strong mask, have a slight tingling sensation but no burning. Can be slightly difficult to wash off (make sure to not get into the eyes, can be uncomfortable). Don't really feel/see much difference after use.

About reviewer (46 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

2 months ago

This is the best chemical exfoliant I've ever used! It makes your skin super soft after rinsing it off and is worth the tingling sensation that comes along with it. It almost feels like a ton of tiny needles poking your skin, but it really pays off. This is an amazing product and I think that everyone should try it at least once. I'm super excited to try more from The Ordinary in the future!

About reviewer (201 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

2 months ago

This is a crazy inexpensive, yet effective peel. For the price, the amount you get will last a very long time. I would say I only use this twice a month. I apply a generous amount onto clean skin, let sit for 10 minutes and then splash off with warm water .I have read you can use baking soda to neutralize the acid after removing the peel but I haven't tried this method. Please note that you will most likely experience a strong tingly, especially the first several times you use this. This has a vague berry smell to it and I do like the dropper bottle it comes in as it is very convenient. Overall, I'm very happy with this peel and will purchase again. If you haven't checked out the Ordinary, do so now!

About reviewer (319 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Other, Medium

from

2 months ago

This stuff is amazing. I have sensitive combination skin with occasional hormonal breakouts. I use Differin every night and this peel once every 2 weeks (I skip the differin on that day), and both of those products made a huge difference in my skin texture. This helps diminish acne scars and helps getting rid of those stubborn little whiteheads. Very happy with this product and have already repurchased.

About reviewer (83 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

EyesGreen

3 months ago

Easy to use at-home peel. I am used to using 20-30% glycolic acid peels weekly at home. This is a red colored, thickened serum. I leave this on for 10 minutes and then rinse off with baking soda solution to neutralize the peel. My skin is left baby soft. This is amazingly affordable and does the trick. Would definitely repurchase this.

About reviewer (3096 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairOther, Straight, Fine

EyesOther

3 months ago

I was both excited and terrified to use this peeling solution. So terrified in fact that I waited an entire month after purchasing it before trying it. I have dry skin that can be sensitive on occasion so I waited until my skin was feeling stable enough to give it a try. I made sure to wait until my skin was completely dry after cleansing, but it still tingled quite a bit upon application, and I only had it on for 3 mins the first time I used it. Second time I left it on for 7 mins, and finally I have worked up to the maximum recommended amount of 10 mins. As others have mentioned, this product looks frightful, a deep blood red, and if you apply a very thin layer, it will look like the most severe sunburn. A thicker layer will looks like fresh blood spread on your face. Even rinsing this off scared me because if you are supposed to ensure your face is completely dry to apply it... well, I used cool water and literally put my face under the running water, gently rubbing to remove it. My skin looked really pink immediately after rinsing, I patted dry with a towel and within one minute skin tone was back to normal. But the feel.......... oh wow, is my skin soft, and smooth, and it is worth the anxiety I went through before using this peeling solution. Serums and other skincare products absorb so much better afterward. This is magic in a bottle as far as I’m concerned.

About reviewer (950 reviews)

Age44-55