Deciem The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution

Deciem The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution
The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling SolutionThe Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling SolutionThe Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling SolutionThe Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution

4.3

Glycolic Acid, Aqua (Water), Arginine, Propanediol, Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Triethanolamine, Salicylic Acid, Aminomethyl Propanol, Lactic Acid, Tartaric Acid, Citric Acid, Panthenol, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Tasmannia Lanceolata Fruit/Leaf Extract, Daucus Carota Sativa Extract, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Ethylhexylglycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol.

on 1/12/2019 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I had a severe allergic reaction to this product. I tried it twice thinking the first time must be a mistake. My skin dentist was “burned” by the pepper berry and I had only left it on for 5 minutes the first time, 3 minutes the second time.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

It's ingredients are well worth the price alone, the packaging is cool and it does make a difference in my skins complexion. I've so far only used it twice so eager to see more long term improvements, but after each treatment I have noticed an improvement in the overall quality of my skin. Pores look cleaner, complexion brighter and skin is smoother.

It does hurt, so be prepared for that. And do not leave it on any longer than the recommended 10 minutes, it's way to concentrated for that.

on 1/1/2019 4:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I’m a nightly .1% tret user (39) and my skincare is anti-aging (no acne, pores ain’t too shabby, thanks to good genes minimal lining for almost 40, miiiild type 1 rosacea). But I acclimated to tret with not a flake or any redness or peeling in site; only change was skin went from oily to dry/combo. It also dissolved all lines off of my face in 6 mos, even when raising my eyes there is nary a dynamic forehead line. Crows feet who? So, needless to say I’m a fan. I use manyyy other potentially irritating actives (incl am l-ascorbic acid, E, ferulic serum I homemake daily in a tiny jar for one usage), and moisturize and spf like a nutcase. TO Niacinamide after tret first thing after 30 sink-in I think helped a lot. I got into acids before retinoids, and since going gung-ho on the tret as my power player I can only very occasionally use them (but don’t feel I really need them more than 1-2x per month anymore anyway). I used this twice. First time a thin layer for full 10 min, no burn, hardly tingle, softest skin of life afterwards. 2nd time, a month later, I started using 20% azelaic acid (melazepam) mixed with the tret & loving the combo but it obviously made my skin more sensitive to acid. I applied a nice thick bloody layer after midnight NYE to symbolically peel away 2018, and could take only 7 minutes. Sure skin was great feeling (to the touch) again after; I followed as usual with hyaluranic serum, only actives being caffeine for eyes and peptides; moisturized the bejesus out of my burning flesh and occluded. It burned for a while. I will take a couple days off the tret, melazepam & c serum and focus on MOISTURE doubling down on spf. Caffeine eye serum and peptides don’t irritate me so I’ll use them still. YMMV with skincare SO much. Even from day to day. This will remain a very occasional heavy hitter, and ill use like glycolic, sparing bha, new gentle pca for more regular (1-2/weekly) usage. Tret just does wayyy more for me and I’m fully retinized. Good luck. BTW I went from foundation/concealer/powder JUNKIE (seriously I had a problem) to using 2 makeup products: brows and lips. FIXED IT!! Haha. Freeing. Makeup now makes me look old fake and gross. I dab squalane or marula oil to get some chok chok and yea I’m good.

on 12/31/2018 9:36:00 PM

Love this stuff! I’m not new to AHA’s or BHA’s but this is my first “peeling” product. It makes such a visible difference in my skin every time I use it, my skin always looks brighter and smoother afterwards. I would say it’s a touch drying, but I usually follow with the Ordinary’s squalane afterwards. I’ve already repurchased.

on 12/28/2018 5:31:00 PM

Heavy duty exfoliator.

For the record, I dont believe there is currently anything on the market, other than Makeupartistschoice that, that uses such high doses of the active ingrediants.

The price is a wonderful blessing as I'm spending so much on my moisturizer and serums to spend all that on other products. I think I paid 7-8$. A word of caution though: I bought this directly from their site when they were kicking the owner out. My card was hacked the next day. Uhhhh, what? Great!

The color: Nerdy me loves to pretend I'm Elizabeth Bathory bathing my face in the blood of virgins to stay forever young. Or a 200 year old witch. I. LOVE. IT. That is what I'm here for baby! But seriously, its a fun shade to use on Halloween or when you feel a little spooky. It's the novelty that comes with it that makes it an all around great experience.

The smell: Metalic. Non overpowering. It goes away after a minute.

Application: I pool it in my hand and then I go to work smoothing it on my cheeks where I have scarring. I've learned to keep it away from my nostrils and chin and I tend to get itchy quick in these areas.

Time: 3-5 minutes depending on how comfortable my skin feels. I have very sensitive skin and can break out in little white head clusters If I use it too long. Not pretty.

Overall results: Smooth, brighter skin. A bit itchy for 5 min after removal. I quickly coat my skin in a light weight serum to keep it hydrated and protected.

Not a bad product at all for the cost and the effects. I will rebuy!

on 12/27/2018 10:05:00 AM

This is so amazing! I use this every 3 days for 10 minutes. It helps to keep my skin relatively smooth and even coloured. Any previous hyperpigmentation left by acne has been reduced, and I find that I only get a few breakouts at a time now instead of clusters of them on my cheeks. Even though I've been using acids for over a year now and I believe my skin is not sensitive, this still stings. However, this stings less than my 5% mandelic acid toner, which is awesome considering how high the acid percentage is in this solution. I guess the Tasmanian Pepperberry that they add in here does work to help reduce irritation! Another thing I love about this solution is the fact that it is red instead of clear so I can easily see where I have applied the solution to my face. I've used my current bottle for almost a month now and I'm only halfway done, which is pretty good for the affordable price.

Overall, I would recommend this to everyone (if they think their skin can take it). I'm going to repurchase this over and over.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I am reviewing this against my experience with other chemical exfoliants and the like on the market. Compared to them this is...ok. Mediocre. Sufficient. Capable. But not staggering. I would say this is meager at best, but it is a beautiful product to start with. If you're curious about chemical exfoliation or want to introduce a newbie into it, you cannot get better than this. It is very, very gentle and not irritating. It lightly exfoliates and tingles just slightly and it is so pretty on the face, most peels aren't. The value is great and the quality is superb. Would I buy this again? No, not because it isn't effective but because I have tried a much higher caliber successfully (non medical though). Do I recommend...yes, to beginners, those looking for light, uber gentle exfoliation, those looking to wean off beaded exfoliants, and those with dry sensitive skins. If you have acne you could do much stronger and specific.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this product! I've been using it for a couple of months now. If you have stubborn blackheads or comedones, try this peel and then do your extractions. You'll notice a big difference. My face is brighter, more even afterwards, and pretty calm. I don't experience any flaking, either. Just nice, smooth skin.

If you find their lactic acid solution too drying or irritating to use every night or even biweekly, try this once every 2 weeks or once a month.

This product is amazing. But you'll use in winter.

on 11/16/2018 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product burnedy skin the second time I used it ant other don't have a sensitive skin. Left on for 10 minutes and my Cheech has these dark burn spots I have
Use allot of d the ordinary and I love all of the product but this one is a no go for me. Now I'm worried that I'm going to have scars now on my face :(