Deciem The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution

Deciem The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution

4.5

Glycolic Acid, Aqua (Water), Arginine, Propanediol, Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Triethanolamine, Salicylic Acid, Aminomethyl Propanol, Lactic Acid, Tartaric Acid, Citric Acid, Panthenol, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Tasmannia Lanceolata Fruit/Leaf Extract, Daucus Carota Sativa Extract, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Ethylhexylglycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol.

I feel like this product should exfoliate better when I used it for the first time but I have to remember that is verry gentle. Dont use longer than 10min cause it can be a drying and give you that tight feeling. Been using it on my body too.

on 10/23/2017 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Got this product to help prevent acne, to clear up my areas where I get recurrent breakouts (chin, lip and sides of nose), to minimize pores and just improve texture and help product penetration. I now on usage 5, using this twice a week. The first two masks I felt an intense itchiness in my usual problem areas, and sure enough when I woke up I had breakouts in all those areas. Since then my breakouts have totally stopped, and in face I had no premenstrual breakouts on my chin and jaw like i usually do. My pores look smaller. There is still some hyper pigmentation from previous breakouts, I have read it takes a while for the peels to draw that out so I'm being patient. Obviously my fine lines and acne scars are still here :) The mask itself is really gentle, I have been for peels quite often in the past and my skin is quite resilient, but still I think all the soothing things they've added to this really do the job. In fact sometimes I wonder if the mask is even doing anything because I can't feel it - but I get occasional tingles here and there and I know it is. I love this product and will definitely use it for at least a year. I also use Environ products and microneedling for scarring and fine lines, and plan on adding Retinol and Vitamin C from The Ordinary soon.

on 10/13/2017 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was looking for a dupe of Drunk Elephant's Babyfacial so I gave this a try. Unfortunately, this was a no go for me. It didn't do much for my skin except make it slightly softer. I didn't feel any tingling either when I first put it on. When I use the Babyfacial, I feel tingling right away that goes away soon after and my face is super smooth and radiant afterwards. I'll stick with Drunk Elephant even with it's high price tag.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros:
- the most gentle (less irritating) AHA peel I ever tried. Tasmanian pepperberry definitely works wonders on reducing burning acid sensation;
- I love thicker than water consistency that doesn't run and I love the color that makes it easy to see where the product applied;
- my skin has much more glow next morning;
- great for freshly appearing breakouts, it helps them disappear.

Cons:
- I have sensitive rosacea skin and it seems to me that my skin can't really tolerate any AHA somehow frequently. I can use this peel only once a month, otherwise, I have pinky red cheeks and pinky red forehead for a couple of days (I only leave it for 4-5 minutes). Exfoliating once a month isn't enough, so I also need another exfoliator;
- brightening effect doesn't last more than a day or two which makes using this stuff only once a month somehow pointless;
- I do not see any improvement in skin texture, perhaps otherwise. But again, I can't use it often enough to see any;
- AHA seriously increasing my skin's sun sensitivity. I'm not sun-sensitive, and I never burn, I wear sunscreen daily, but my face feels (not look) burned when I use AHA.

For the price point this product definitely worth trying, but I won't buy it again.

on 10/11/2017 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

When I first found out about The Ordinary, I went a bit spend happy and tried out a bunch of their products. Over time, most of them haven't really panned out to be great. The vitamin C serum and this peeling solution are probably the best value. This stuff is like a much more expensive peel - its 'gentle' enough to be used 1 - 2/week, has obvious but not dramatic results, and is a good formulation.

Use: I use a clean foundation brush to apply a thin layer of this onto my clean face. Leave it on for 10 - 15 minutes and wash off with lukewarm water. I make sure I put some barrier like vaseline onto my lips because the first time a teensy bit of this got around onto my bottom lip and they peeled and flaked for DAYS - and not in a helpful or good way. Its a bit sticky and a bit of an odd smell but not overly unpleasant. My skin is pretty resistant and I use a lot of topical acids (ex. glycolic acid toner) but this still stings and burns a bit.

Results: Immediately, my skin looks plump and smooth. This creates an obvious glow - people ask me if I got a better sleep. The peeling happens in a few days and its not really "peeling".. its more like sloughing of dead skin, after a shower or with a little exfoliation. My hyperpigmentation spots peel off.

I would repurchase this and recommend to a friend. Its cheap, very effective, and easy to use. I've already used my first bottle!

on 10/14/2017 2:09:00 AM

Ordered my 3rd bottle, have been using for about 1 year once a week. Just very good as most The Ordinary products have been so far.

It's a surprisingly lovely peel (especially considering that the other The Ordinary acid products are too weak to work beneath the surface). It's what I call "baby peel" (hence only 4 lippies, I'd give 5 if the pH was closer to 2.0 at the very least) since it's comparatively low per cent age and high pH (buffered), but still has enough bioavailable, free acid to actually get deep enough in skin and offer more benefits beyond just loosening up the dead skin cells (which is the extent what most acid skin care products are capable of). The inclusion of tiny amounts of other acids (lactic, tartaric, citric) and a decent dose of salicylic acid (but pH is too high for full-on benefits from salicylic) is also a pro, as there is evidence that a mix of acids is more effective for resurfacing than a single acid (but there are other factors that come together for that). Two other pros are the texture and guide color (it reminds me of blood, and it's nice since actual blood of virgins is so hard to come by these days), it makes the peeling process a lot more fool-proof, especially for beginners. I use it 2-3 times a week, instead of my usual peel (70% glycolic, pH 0.5) for about 10 minutes and it does leave skin smooth and bright, but I'm starting to miss the full benefits of actual peel. It's possible to layer this peel, but it's not as effective as with liquid peels, as the texture of this one is thicker and it sticks, but as an option: layers are doable too. Overall, I'm impressed this product as it actually contains proven ingredients in workable concentration (I mean the AHA, the rest of the ingredients are mostly just fluff and superfluous) for all intents of purposes, and that translates into tangible results after use. From first use onwards, actually. This is one of the 3 products, aside from their oils, that really lives up the their claim "Clinical Formulations with Integrity" (the other ones being 1% retinol, 23% and 30% ascorbic acid suspensions), the rest are just calling for Bravo-Sierra code (the Buffet) or are just 'meh' (azelaic suspension).

on 9/24/2017 11:58:00 AM

Be very very cautious when using this. It gave me terrible reaction - we are talking contact dermatitis level irritation with red, itchy and scaly spots that are very difficult to soothe and repair. I used the peel sparingly and kept it on for only 5min. My skin is not particularly sensitive, combination in mid-30's. I have been using skinceuticals retinol 1% for couple years plus I regularly use biologique recherche original p50 acid toner. I think 30% AHA in the Ordinary peel is way way to abrasive and harsh for casual home use. I'm now on the dermlogica barrier repair regimen to get my skin sorted out....

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

If you've never used glycolic acid before I do not recommend this. Acclimate your skin to a lower strength first. I've been using a toner (11%) off and on for a few years, and I was really happy when I saw this. The 3.6 pH is great (below 4 is more effective), and the ingredient list is great.

The tingling lasted the entire 10 minutes, and after I washed it off my face felt smoother. I immediately noticed what looks like dry skin starting to flake off, which means it's working. So far I'm pretty pleased! I'll definitely repurchase

UPDATE: This lessened the look of my pores & blackheads on my cheeks. I'm thrilled and will be using this regularly in my routine

on 10/11/2017 8:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

best product ever.
it leaves the skin so so soft after use and makes my skin feel clean, fresh, and smooth the entire day. it has a bit of a weird smell but not something that bothers me. the colors great because you can see spots you might’ve missed.
it’s a shame you can only use it twice a week because i’d use it every day just to make my skin feel as good. also didn’t notice the aha made my skin sensitive to sunburns which i was very scared of.