Deciem The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution

Deciem The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution

4.4

Glycolic Acid, Aqua (Water), Arginine, Propanediol, Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Triethanolamine, Salicylic Acid, Aminomethyl Propanol, Lactic Acid, Tartaric Acid, Citric Acid, Panthenol, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Tasmannia Lanceolata Fruit/Leaf Extract, Daucus Carota Sativa Extract, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Ethylhexylglycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol.

Best product ever! I'm used to acids, but boy this stings! However, if I leave it on for 10 minutes my undereye mica are dramatically reduced! It really helps unclog pores as well and exfoliate the upper layers of skin for that wonderful "fresh face" glow. Beware however, it's very strong, and you WILL look like an axe murderer if anyone catches you with this treatment on :)
Once a week of this is enough for me, so it will last me ages! Can recommend for anyone wanting to try a "new face" in less than 15 minutes.

on 2/14/2018 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

So, you know those warnings that say “use as directed”? I’m usually all about them. But when this peel proved way too strong for my face, (patch test people!) I used it on my feet. And it worked great! I put down an old towel (because this product is a deep red color) spread the peel all over my feet and toenails, wrapped my feet in plastic wrap, waited 30 minutes, then rinsed with body wash and water. My feet were pretty soft, and a lot of the dead skin around my cuticles was gone. I followed up with a rich foot cream. Next time I’m going to let it sit for 45 minutes and see if I can get even better results. My words of caution are to use common sense. You’re putting acid on your body - if you leave it on too long, you will get a chemical burn, and it will hurt. If the peel feels uncomfortable in any way and / or starts to sting, wash it off! It shouldn’t sting AT ALL. It was much gentler than a rasp or a foot file, just use with discretion.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Got this in the mail today and after reading all the good reviews I immediately wanted to try it out. I should have listened to the advise on the packaging and try it on a small area first to see how my skin would react. After washing it of my face my skin felt great. However, after 15 minutes some rash appeared on my cheeks which made them look even redder than they did with the solution on them. Fortunately the rash didn't appear on my forehead and chin (which are my greasier areas), so I am going to continue using the solution on those areas once or twice a week and maybe 5 minutes instead of 10, because despite the rash the product seems great! My skin seems smoother and feels incredibly soft.

So I still believe that the product can do something great for your skin, just be VERY CAREFUL with sensitive/ dry skin. My skin usually doesn't react as bad as it did to this product. You'd better don't take a risk and do as the package says: just try a little bit on a small area of your face to see how it reacts.

on 2/1/2018 1:24:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

SPOT TEST
Before trying this all over, i decided to spot test on a couple of 1-2" areas on my cheek and forehead at night. My skin was well buffered by a light jojoba/sunflower oil application hours before (the directions say to use this on clean, dry skin but I thought I'd try it with a buffer, just in case). I only felt the mildest of tingling when applied, and that might have been aided by the buffer of oil. I left it on for 10 minutes. Immediately after application, the only irritation I noticed were a couple of (before unseen) small comedones on my cheek that had flared, but that went away after an hour. The next day, I didn't notice any difference, good or bad on the spot test areas.

ALL OVER APPLICATION
1) The morning after my spot test, I did an all over application after waiting around 30 minutes after cleansing, on a bare, dry face. It stung more than the previous night, and during the entire 10 minutes that I left it on. But it was pretty mild, not too unbearable. I rinsed thoroughly and noticed some stinging each time I passed water over my face with my hands. Immediately after rinsing, my skin felt a little prickly and tight so I applied one drop of jojoba oil. After about 5 minutes the prickly feeling subsided considerably then vanished in a couple hours. The only place I saw immediate irritation after rinsing this off was where I had applied it to too close to the orbital half moon area under my eye, on one side. The skin was reddened, this went away after 15-30 min. The rest of my face had no redness. By midday i did noticed that my pores were less visible and my skin felt tighter, but I know that's probably temporary because AHA is after all, an irritant. I'm interested to see of this will provide any exfoliation in the in the few days.
Follow up: this didn't produce any flaking or peeling. I did seem to make my skin a little smoother (maybe drier?) but i might be imagining that part. I'm going to try it again in a week or two before making a judgment.

on 1/28/2018 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is a good & strong acid mask! It leaves my skin very soft and I can see the effect immediately the day after. Only con is that I can only use it once a week otherwise my skin will freak out. I think it’s because of the lactic acid, as I never had any irritation from BHA before.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

For reference, I have very dry and acne-prone skin that is generally not sensitive. I have had mixed results using The Ordinary's products before - while the Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5, Salicylic Acid 2% Solution, and Advanced Retinoid 2% have all worked well, my skin reacted badly to Buffet (gave me a chemical burn) and the Lactic Acid 5% + HA 2% made my skin very dry and seemed to make my dry flaky patches almost chunky rather than clearing them. So I approached this product with some trepidation, although I was hopeful as my skin really likes AHA products.

This peel has a reddish colour, and once applied it looks a bit like you've rubbed blood onto your face. It's fun if you want to give your flatmate a fright. It feels slightly viscous, and once applied it is slightly sticky to the touch. It barely has a smell, and only if you really get your nose up close to the bottle. I couldn't smell it once it was applied to my skin, so people with sensitive noses should be okay with this.

Upon application I got a slight stinging sensation, but it went away almost immediately. I kept it on for 10 minutes, during which I didn't even remember that I had it on. I didn't feel anything - no stinging, no tightness, no dryness. After washing it off my moisturiser went on as usual and that was the end of that. I was actually a little disappointed, as I was expecting a more prickly sensation like I get with the Paula's Choice Resist Weekly Resurfacing Treatment with 10% AHA.

Once I washed off the product, my skin felt smoother and no drier than before. I noticed that my moisturiser went on nicely and my skin looked bright with no redness. The next day, my skin still felt smooth and my acne seems to have improved a little. No super amazing results, but an improvement that was easy to achieve.

Overall I think this is a gentle, nice product to use that has nice results, although I wouldn't call it a miracle product or even a very hard-working product. But this is just my experience with my skin, and results will vary for everyone. For the price, I think it's worth trying out. Just make sure to patch test first.

on 1/10/2018 12:48:00 AM

This is the best acid peel I've come across so far. My skin is very uneven and I have quite prominent acne scaring. I've tried salycilic and glycolic acid in the past in varying concentrations, and while I think my skin has gone as far as it can with peels, I feel this did the most for me. To be honest I haven't used it consistently enough to have any marked improvement but given my experience in peels I feel confident in weighing this versus other products.

I wasn't sure what to expect of the 30% concentration, but I find it's great for a once a week/fortnight peel. It'll smooth out texture issues and makeup will glide beautifully on it the next day, but it's not strong enough for me to have an ugly recovery phase where my skin is red, sensitive, has that thin/wrecked-feeling or is obviously damaged. I've seen others suggest the liquorice extract has a calming effect which is why it's not as painful as other similar concentrations of AHA's. I can't attest to that as I know nothing about the science behind the ingredients, but for some reason it feels more gentle while still providing the results I'd expect at that percent.

Something to note is that the product is coloured bright red. When wearing the peel it kind of looks like you've smeared blood on your face in a frenzy. It doesn't stain though, and makes it easier to tell where you're applying (it can be easy to miss spots or apply unevenly, so it's helpful). The downside to this is that you can't tell if you're having a reaction when wearing it (you won't be able to tell if your skin is going blotchy or red until you take it off) so I'd patch test if you're a beginner.

If you're looking for a peel at about 30% I'd definitely recommend this. It's my first product from The Ordinary and it's left a great impression.

I like this product quite a lot, especially considering how inexpensive it is. It makes my skin *very* soft and I can definitly tell that my skin is exfoliated. And that soft feeling lasts for a couple of days. Also, my foundation applies so beautifully the days after I use this peeling.
The one problem I have with this is that it is very intense. Granted, I do expect some tingling with such a product and my skin is definitely not sensitive. However, with this product my skin literally burns the first minute after I apply it. It's almost unbearable. After the first minute though it gets better: then it tingles and doesn't burn. I don't think I'm allergic to it as I don't have any symptoms after using this product. It's just the first minute after applying it that is *very* uncomfortable..

on 1/3/2018 2:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I remember about ten years ago when at home peels were all the rage. They mostly came in expensive kits and contained about as much free acid as any over the counter serum. That is if you bought them from Sephora. Etailers were happy to sell you kits that looked outright dangerous. I ignored them because I already used a daily BHA product. Then I got older and decided a weekly peel would help. This stuff is cheap, vegan, easy to use and produces RESULTS. I wouldn't bother with any other at home peels after this.

I feel like this product should exfoliate better when I used it for the first time but I have to remember that is verry gentle. Dont use longer than 10min cause it can be a drying and give you that tight feeling. Been using it on my body too.