Deciem The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution

Deciem The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution

4.8

Glycolic Acid, Aqua (Water), Arginine, Propanediol, Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Triethanolamine, Salicylic Acid, Aminomethyl Propanol, Lactic Acid, Tartaric Acid, Citric Acid, Panthenol, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Tasmannia Lanceolata Fruit/Leaf Extract, Daucus Carota Sativa Extract, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Ethylhexylglycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol.

It's a surprisingly lovely peel (especially considering that the other The Ordinary acid products are too weak to work beneath the surface). It's what I call "baby peel" (hence only 4 lippies, I'd give 5 if the pH was closer to 2.0 at the very least) since it's comparatively low per cent age and high pH (buffered), but still has enough bioavailable, free acid to actually get deep enough in skin and offer more benefits beyond just loosening up the dead skin cells (which is the extent what most acid skin care products are capable of). The inclusion of tiny amounts of other acids (lactic, tartaric, citric) and a decent dose of salicylic acid (but pH is too high for full-on benefits from salicylic) is also a pro, as there is evidence that a mix of acids is more effective for resurfacing than a single acid (but there are other factors that come together for that). Two other pros are the texture and guide color (it reminds me of blood, and it's nice since actual blood of virgins is so hard to come by these days), it makes the peeling process a lot more fool-proof, especially for beginners. I use it 2-3 times a week, instead of my usual peel (70% glycolic, pH 0.5) for about 10 minutes and it does leave skin smooth and bright, but I'm starting to miss the full benefits of actual peel. It's possible to layer this peel, but it's not as effective as with liquid peels, as the texture of this one is thicker and it sticks, but as an option: layers are doable too. Overall, I'm impressed this product as it actually contains proven ingredients in workable concentration (I mean the AHA, the rest of the ingredients are mostly just fluff and superfluous) for all intents of purposes, and that translates into tangible results after use. From first use onwards, actually. This is one of the 3 products, aside from their oils, that really lives up the their claim "Clinical Formulations with Integrity" (the other ones being 1% retinol, 23% and 30% ascorbic acid suspensions), the rest are just calling for Bravo-Sierra code (the Buffet) or are just 'meh' (azelaic suspension).

on 8/27/2017 6:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This stuff is the bomb! (And it's such a pretty colour!!!). I have sensitive, perimenopausal skin that is trying really hard to create what I managed to miss in puberty. Between this and the glycolic toner which I use at night, my pores are refined (will never be perfect), my skin tone is evening out - less redness, etc..... I am finding that my moisturiser doesn't sting my nose like it used to as well. It has the added bonus of scaring the crap out of my son who thought I was bleeding.

on 7/26/2017 3:21:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love exfoliators and this is a wonderful, wonderful exfoliator. I adore the ones from Phytomer, but this one is even better and so much cheaper. It makes my skin super smooth and cleans out my pores. I don't have problem skin, but my combo skin is sensitive and prone to redness. If used correctly (on clean and dry skin, max 10 min), this exfoliator doesn't aggravate the redness in any way. I've had no adverse reactions to it at all and I use it once, sometimes twice a week. After I wash it off, I make sure to use a moisturising serum followed by a moisturiser that is kind to my skin. I never use vitamin c serums or retinol as this exfoliator is very strong. I use them the following morning though. Other reviewers have pointed out that the red colour makes application easier and I can only agree. This exfoliator has become a staple in my skincare routine - love it!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

After years of trying both prescription and over the counter products for my skin this is by far the best thing that has ever happened to it. If you have acne scars, textured, bumpy skin, large and congested pores, go and buy it now. I can no longer live without this. Buy it !!!!

on 8/4/2017 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I'm quite into this, but then again, I've loved everything I've tried from the Ordinary so far. It's inexpensive, efficient, and if you stick to using it as the instructions say, it'll last you for a very long time, since you only need about 10 drops to cover your entire face and neck.

Now, I've got combo skin with all kinds of fun additional problems - dry cheeks with hormonal acne and an oily T-zone from hell with huge pores and seborrheic dermatitis. For the most part, if a new skincare item doesn't irritate my dermatitis, clog my pores, or cause my acne to flare up, I will pronounce it a resounding success. This isn't just a success; it actually carries my skin past the 'everything in order' stage and straight into 'holy damn, results!'. It's not an earth-shattering change overnight, but it's making a noticeable change in the texture of my skin. I deal with abnormal amounts of dead skin because of my dermatitis, which causes blackheads to form much more rapidly (in my hereditary huge pores); scrubs are the best way to get rid of it, but that's not something I can do every day without risking more irritation. This eats the dead skin away much more efficiently and gently than a physical scrub, and the effects last longer. I don't find that it actually cleans out my pores, but I love using it the day before I use a clay mask; it makes the mask work better, too. If you're lazy like me, it's also convenient to use without having a hot shower first or steaming your face, as it's almost necessary for most other cleansing masks. Be warned, though: on me, this doesn't have a visible effect when I wash it off. I put on my nightly skincare, go to sleep, then wash my face thoroughly with a cream cleanser to get off all of that loosened dead skin, et voila, as if I'd had a quick facial.

The packaging is efficient and no-fuss; the dropper makes it easy to measure the product out precisely and not use too much. The colour is convenient; you have to see where you applied this, because you have to remove all of it, not leave traces in your hairline or behind your ears. The one and only thing I dislike about it is the scent, but since there's no added fragrance and it's not strong, I can deal with it.

All in all: bloody useful and magnificently cheap acid peel. I'll buy it again.

on 8/14/2017 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

This stuff is so wonderfully powerful and you get to look like you're from a horror movie when using it. Sometimes I can't do the full 10 minutes, my skin is pretty sensitive but I see results even when I do less time. I would recommend caution when using this but it is very worth it!

on 6/17/2017 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I previously used Resist Weekly 10% AHA Treatment (PC) and I thought I would give this a try. The product is good, value for money, it does it"s job. I hate the color though but I can live with that. However I decided to go back to PC I get better results with it and despite the fact that is more expensive it lasts a lot longer. I would recommend the product although I prefer PC, some people might like this one better.

Purchased this a few weeks back. It was cheap and I needed a light peel. I am SO glad I did! This stuff is AMAZING. I washed my face, patted it dry but waited a few minutes until it was completely dry. After application, I waited 10 mins. First time I applied this there was barely any stinging. This time around, I applied a little thicker and it did sting a little. After washing off, my skin felt smooth and felt revived. Although a little red, I moisturised and applied some Aloe Vera gel. The next morning, redness was completely gone. I did my usual make up routine and my makeup just seem to sit better on my skin after this peel. There was a noticeable glow. Definitely worth the price and I would definitely buy again! A few days later, you'll notice dryness that's the peeling effect. I use my Clarasonic and it gets rid of those little dry spots. I'd recommend!

on 6/21/2017 10:47:00 PM

LOVE THIS

Been using this together with the copper serum (also another great buy, but that broke my wallet while this one didnt), and my skin has never felt smoother. I have an old acne scar that lightened up and scabbed off almost immediately after using this for the first time, so im very pleased with this product. Been trying to use it about twice a week, but i do use a very thin layer, and i usually wash it off after about 5-7 mins.

I'm not a big user of peels at all and was a little afraid to use this at first. I was pleasantly surprised at how gentle it actually was, at least for me. I experienced slight stinging on application. I washed it off with cool water after 10 minutes. My skin was a slightly pink and felt very smooth. No irritation whatsoever. I've used this product 3 times so far, 2x a week. I just love it!