Deciem The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution

Deciem The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution
The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling SolutionThe Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution

4.4

Glycolic Acid, Aqua (Water), Arginine, Propanediol, Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Triethanolamine, Salicylic Acid, Aminomethyl Propanol, Lactic Acid, Tartaric Acid, Citric Acid, Panthenol, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Tasmannia Lanceolata Fruit/Leaf Extract, Daucus Carota Sativa Extract, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Ethylhexylglycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol.

Tbh I don't think it's that great.

It does exfoliate, as my skin always feels smoother after I wash it off. But it doesn't really do that great of a job at unclogging pores. It helps with reducing the size of cystic acne, definitely. But all my tiny little clogged pores are still there, and my hyperpigmentation hasn't noticeably improved. Plus, after using this once a week, and almost going through the whole bottle, I still get tiny whiteheads after every use.

It's so weird, it's like it's not strong enough (still have lots of clogged pores and hyperpigmentation), but also too strong at the same time (tiny whiteheads show up). Maybe I'm sensitive to one of the ingredients.

But the dealbreaker for me was this - I used yogurt as a face mask and got much better results. Plain ol' dirt cheap yogurt. It reduced my texture and dullness so much more than this peel did. I'll use my bottle up, but won't repurchase. Plus, I don't have to be so careful when washing off the yogurt (doesn't matter if it accidentally gets on my mouth or on my eye socket).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This stuff is so amazing! It’s literally unbelievable. I used to use a lot of Alpha Hydroxy products with high glycol in acid strengths, and I liked the results over time, but they made my skin so red and itchy that I just couldn’t do it some nights and had to wash it off! This isn’t ANYTHING like that. This mask does not sting at all unless used on broken skin (tip: don’t do that! lol) and when I wash it off, my skin feels so amazing. Clear, GLOWING, smooth, bright, etc., and both the effects and the bottle last forever. It just can’t be beat.

on 6/3/2018 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

So...I will be the first to say that due to a bit of paranoia about peels, I have not deployed the MUAC peels that I have in my possession. Another MUAer, @Katie411, turned me onto this, saying that in a few uses, it had cleared out some of her clogged pores, so I thought, why not? I'm a lot older than Katie, but we have similar skin.

I applied it all over, on dry skin, following the directions to not put it too close to the eye orbit, etc. Left on for the prescribed 10 minutes. Washed it off with a wet clean washcloth.

Holy crap! I couldn't believe what I saw--I've had this pinkish-reddish clogged pore (I think that's what it is) on my cheek, near my right naso-labial fold, for about a year. I've religiously used Tret, Gly-Luronic and Lac-Luronic acids from BellEvolve (MUAC) for the entirety of that year, and that clogged pore just sat there, sticking its tongue out at me. ONE treatment with this, and it's 90% gone. The redness has significantly diminished; the size of the lump/bump has reduced to near-flat. I also noticed that my nose pores are substantially smaller, SUBSTANTIALLY. (I have this one--you know what it's like, that one honkin' big pore that looks like the Pit of Sarlacc, right?--and now it's hardly noticeable. I'm keeping this stuff 'til they peel it from my cold dead hands, ladies.)

I didn't feel any tingling or burning at all. It was a bit weird, as it's the color of old dark blood, yes. But other than that, it was easy-peasy, and it worked like magic on my skin. I absolutely plan to keep this in rotation, 1-2x weekly. Cannot recommend this highly enough, especially for mature skin at a whopping $7.20 plus shipping. For that price, you can afford to at least patch-test it and throw it out if you hate it.

Love, love, love. So happy to see that damned clogged pore gone, I nearly threw it a going-away party. TY, Deciem/TO, I don't care HOW nutty your CEO is.

on 5/24/2018 7:35:00 AM

One of my favorite masks ever. It definitely delivers! Just make sure to not put in wet/damp skin or it will burn. Also I wouldn't use it more than 1-2x per week (but that depends on your skin condition). It makes your skin bright and really smooth, plus I still can't believe how cheap this actually is. I will gladly repurchase :)

on 4/13/2018 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I use this twice a week and this along with a few other Ordinary products have really helped my skin. After having a baby last year I've been struggling with acne and melasma. These products have really changed the texture of my skin and have all but eliminated the acne. I do still get a monthly spot or 2 but they are smaller and go away quickly. The melasma has lightened up but that may never clear up completely no matter what I use so I keep expectations in check there. This is not a professional peel this is more of maintenance product for exfoliation and pore clearing. You wont actually peel. I wouldn't want to use a product that harsh at home. I'll leave that to a professional Derm. This is great for overall skin clarity and brightening though and definitely worth the low price. I'm happy with it.

on 3/18/2018 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I have used this over 6 times now. I have mixed feelings on it.

PROS: It's an insanely good value. Using it once or twice a week means it will last quite a long time. It also gives me a quick fix in the brightness department. I use this and the next day my skin usually looks a little less pigmented. It also doesn't make a mess or anything like you would expect from a traditional clay mask. Love the fact that it's red too, it

CONS: It doesn't cause skin peeling and I don't feel it's that exfoliating either. There isn't that immediate gratificiation smooth feeling after use I get with scrubs or leave on things. The first like 3 times i used this too, nothing happened. Sometimes there is a little stinging, but there was nothing when I began. Nothing good or bad. It was like I had used a placebo product. I have since left it on longer than the 10 minutes and another time, applied it to slightly damp skin as an experiment. Results were similar, however a little bit of dehydration was creeping up on me. Unless your skin is really sensitive or compromised, I don't think this is that intense of a product even though it does have a lot of acid. I tried it on two other people though who are not experienced with acids and it was "get this off my skin now" and the other one could only stand less than a minute LOL. This is not my skin's first time with acids.

OVERALL: If I were to judge it by how it describes itself, as a superficial peeling mask that exfoliates, I would say it's not living up to that (2 or 1). However, it is easy to use and gentle enough that I don't need to worry about it, so I've continued to use it. Over time I feel that it is working better, but it's not going to get those quick smooth feeling results from a leave on AHA or exfoliating cleanser or device. Over time it's been working better. I'll keep using it for maintenance or because it's WAYYYY cheaper than sheet masks and such.

on 3/18/2018 1:05:00 AM

The only other product I can compare this to is MUAC with all their different at-home peels. Both are extremely affordable and come packaged in liquid form that you apply and rinse off. But I can honestly say that I like this peel better than anything I ever bought from MUAC, and there are a few reasons why.

MUAC is kind of scary. They have burn-your-face-off, skin-peeling-off-in-sheets, shouldn't-a-dermatologist-really-be-doing-this?-products that I used to use back in the day. This peel, that peel, they offer all manner of peels. I stopped using MUAC a long time ago. My skin isn't perfect, but it's just skin. I really don't need to put it through all that, I decided.

But I do love a nice exfoliation. Added glow, a quick skin pick-me-up, this light peel from The Ordinary is perfect for that. I like that it's packaged with a dropper. And I really like that it's tinted. This makes it easy to see where the product has already been applied and how much has been applied in one area. Easier application with this compared to MUAC. I leave it on for ten minutes and rinse off with water. Followed by a wash with a gentle foaming face wash (I don't want to leave anything behind) and a slathering with a luxurious moisturizing cream.

My skin is left looking glowy and gorgeous. No downtime, no peeling. No tingling either, but my skin isn't sensitive.

It really is a gentle product that you don't need to be wary of, and it delivers great results as well. I'd buy it again!

on 3/10/2018 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

This item was just meh for me. I think it depends on how much experience you've had with professional peels whether you'll like this one. The stinging was mild, the results lackluster and might require repetitive use to see any difference. Good packaging and price points though. I'll keep on hand but not repurchase.

Best product ever! I'm used to acids, but boy this stings! However, if I leave it on for 10 minutes my undereye mica are dramatically reduced! It really helps unclog pores as well and exfoliate the upper layers of skin for that wonderful "fresh face" glow. Beware however, it's very strong, and you WILL look like an axe murderer if anyone catches you with this treatment on :)
Once a week of this is enough for me, so it will last me ages! Can recommend for anyone wanting to try a "new face" in less than 15 minutes.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is a nice at-home peel. I don't use it very often because I already use other acids on a daily basis but this is nice for an occasional pick me up.