Deciem The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution

Deciem The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution
The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling SolutionThe Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution

4.4

Glycolic Acid, Aqua (Water), Arginine, Propanediol, Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Triethanolamine, Salicylic Acid, Aminomethyl Propanol, Lactic Acid, Tartaric Acid, Citric Acid, Panthenol, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Tasmannia Lanceolata Fruit/Leaf Extract, Daucus Carota Sativa Extract, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Ethylhexylglycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol.

It's just brilliant. One of the few products that truly proves you don't need extravagant ingredients (or an extravagant pricetag) to actually do something. It works perfectly to brighten, clear, even firm my face. The thing is, you need to be consistent with it. I use it every Sunday and Wednesday night, and after three sessions I finally started to see noticeable improvement in my acne scars, some areas of congestion, and the overall texture of my skin.

Then I stockpiled, because I realised I can't be without this. Ever!

on 7/10/2018 4:45:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am SO impressed by this little product! It's the strongest at home peel (by a large margin) that I've used, and I didn't really know what to expect from it. Especially since it's seriously cheap. It tingles and warms up a bit upon application - no real sting to speak of. The mask is known as the blood mask for a reason, and your mirror image will definitely look a little gruesome once the mask is applied. However, this makes it easy to check that you've applied the mask evenly, and even better, that you've rinsed all traces of it off after the recommended ten minutes.

After rinsing the mask off my skin feels incredibly soft, and looks amazingly clear. I expected the skin to feel a little bit sensitive afterwards, but it feels absolutely fine. I tend to focus on calming products after the peel, just to be on the safe side, and I always wake up with glowing and healthy-looking skin the next day.

This chemical peel has seriously limited my need for and use of physical peels, which I think is great. Most of the time I use it only once a week as to not over-do it with acids in general, but I think it's gentle enough to use twice a week too. Particularly if you don't really use any other AHA products. I will without a doubt repurchase this when the times comes. Though that won't be for a while yet, since a little goes a long way with this product. What more can you ask for?

+ Cruelty free
+ Vegan
+ Great price
+ Has the right PH to be effective (between 3,5 and 3,7)
+ Leaves skin smooth and glowing
+ Doesn't feel irritating, drying or overly abrasive
+ The packaging, while simple, works well and looks quite sleek in my bathroom cabinet

- None that I've found so far

I have over half of the products TO carries and this one is my favorite. There is nothing like it. I have used high end and mid range products including chemical peels. This peeling solution is VERY effective; I have found it to be as or more effective as a 30 glycolic acid peel without the sting. There is a tolerable tingle. I get my face squeaky clean and dry before applying. Leave on 10 minutes and splash off several times. I follow with a serum and moisturizer. Highly recommend if you want soft, glowing skin. My pores appear smaller, too. It is dirt cheap. I have purchased 3 bottles and gave one to a friend who is now hooked on it,

You guys... wow.
I have had professional peels and microderms prior and I heard the hype around The Ordinary. Thought I'd try to save some money as a good micro in Aus can be $120 and up and this little fellow was going for about $12.

I bought this from Beauty Bay along with 2 other skincare serums. I used for 2nd time last night.

My skin generally is good and I don't get much acne. I'm very fair (snow white style) but I get redness and uneven skin around TOTM. Now in my 30s I was getting enlarged pores near nose/tzone.

ALL GONE. My face feels like silk. I am literally making my husband touch it. The pores are nearly gone and have seen significant reduction in the deep/ problematic ones. Fine lines- nope. I find myself looking at my own skin trying to see issues but there are none. (Who is the fairest? Dass you *point to mirror) Love it!
I felt mild tingling but no burning or pain.
Have recommended to my Mum to use asap.
I will never give this up!

on 6/24/2018 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I paid big bucks for a professional peel of similar ingredients, so I jumped at the chance to have this for a mere fraction of the cost. I like that it goes on red so you know where you put it and you don't forget to wash it off. Like my professional peel, it does not burn unless I have an area of broken skin. I think this really helps to get rid of dead skin and clear up your complexion. I use a scrub or mask the next morning to wash away any loose, flakey skin. I usually only use it once a week, but recently I've used it more often to help me clean up a bad breakout and clogged pores after weeks of intense travel. I didn't peel too much after my professional peel, but I don't really peel at all after this one, so it may not be as intense. But it shows results and I love that it's so inexpensive and that I can use it at home.

Tbh I don't think it's that great.

It does exfoliate, as my skin always feels smoother after I wash it off. But it doesn't really do that great of a job at unclogging pores. It helps with reducing the size of cystic acne, definitely. But all my tiny little clogged pores are still there, and my hyperpigmentation hasn't noticeably improved. Plus, after using this once a week, and almost going through the whole bottle, I still get tiny whiteheads after every use.

It's so weird, it's like it's not strong enough (still have lots of clogged pores and hyperpigmentation), but also too strong at the same time (tiny whiteheads show up). Maybe I'm sensitive to one of the ingredients.

But the dealbreaker for me was this - I used yogurt as a face mask and got much better results. Plain ol' dirt cheap yogurt. It reduced my texture and dullness so much more than this peel did. I'll use my bottle up, but won't repurchase. Plus, I don't have to be so careful when washing off the yogurt (doesn't matter if it accidentally gets on my mouth or on my eye socket).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This stuff is so amazing! It’s literally unbelievable. I used to use a lot of Alpha Hydroxy products with high glycol in acid strengths, and I liked the results over time, but they made my skin so red and itchy that I just couldn’t do it some nights and had to wash it off! This isn’t ANYTHING like that. This mask does not sting at all unless used on broken skin (tip: don’t do that! lol) and when I wash it off, my skin feels so amazing. Clear, GLOWING, smooth, bright, etc., and both the effects and the bottle last forever. It just can’t be beat.

on 6/3/2018 3:23:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

So...I will be the first to say that due to a bit of paranoia about peels, I have not deployed the MUAC peels that I have in my possession. Another MUAer, @Katie411, turned me onto this, saying that in a few uses, it had cleared out some of her clogged pores, so I thought, why not? I'm a lot older than Katie, but we have similar skin.

I applied it all over, on dry skin, following the directions to not put it too close to the eye orbit, etc. Left on for the prescribed 10 minutes. Washed it off with a wet clean washcloth.

Holy crap! I couldn't believe what I saw--I've had this pinkish-reddish clogged pore (I think that's what it is) on my cheek, near my right naso-labial fold, for about a year. I've religiously used Tret, Gly-Luronic and Lac-Luronic acids from BellEvolve (MUAC) for the entirety of that year, and that clogged pore just sat there, sticking its tongue out at me. ONE treatment with this, and it's 90% gone. The redness has significantly diminished; the size of the lump/bump has reduced to near-flat. I also noticed that my nose pores are substantially smaller, SUBSTANTIALLY. (I have this one--you know what it's like, that one honkin' big pore that looks like the Pit of Sarlacc, right?--and now it's hardly noticeable. I'm keeping this stuff 'til they peel it from my cold dead hands, ladies.)

I didn't feel any tingling or burning at all. It was a bit weird, as it's the color of old dark blood, yes. But other than that, it was easy-peasy, and it worked like magic on my skin. I absolutely plan to keep this in rotation, 1-2x weekly. Cannot recommend this highly enough, especially for mature skin at a whopping $7.20 plus shipping. For that price, you can afford to at least patch-test it and throw it out if you hate it.

Love, love, love. So happy to see that damned clogged pore gone, I nearly threw it a going-away party. TY, Deciem/TO, I don't care HOW nutty your CEO is.

on 5/24/2018 7:35:00 AM

One of my favorite masks ever. It definitely delivers! Just make sure to not put in wet/damp skin or it will burn. Also I wouldn't use it more than 1-2x per week (but that depends on your skin condition). It makes your skin bright and really smooth, plus I still can't believe how cheap this actually is. I will gladly repurchase :)

on 4/13/2018 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I use this twice a week and this along with a few other Ordinary products have really helped my skin. After having a baby last year I've been struggling with acne and melasma. These products have really changed the texture of my skin and have all but eliminated the acne. I do still get a monthly spot or 2 but they are smaller and go away quickly. The melasma has lightened up but that may never clear up completely no matter what I use so I keep expectations in check there. This is not a professional peel this is more of maintenance product for exfoliation and pore clearing. You wont actually peel. I wouldn't want to use a product that harsh at home. I'll leave that to a professional Derm. This is great for overall skin clarity and brightening though and definitely worth the low price. I'm happy with it.