4.2

$7.50 on Skinstore
Shop Now

Reviews

7 days ago

I've had this bottle for about four months and have probably used four or five times. It is a bit of mess to use. Will stain clothes and wash clothes if not rinsed out quickly. I worry about over use and damaging skin barrier. I use when my chin starts to feel like an orange peel - and I think about it! (I also trade out with flavinoid mud). I've tried a very thin coat slightly rubbed in and suggest this use first. I'm up to a thicker looking coat, deep red and ten minutes, probably using two droppers full. It's not uncomfortable for me at this point. I rinse off (I suggest shower first time and only gently rubbing face with wash cloth), slather on serums and moisturizer and like my results, exfoliated smooth skin. No it's not going to shrink pores or change color of skin, but texture looks nice much finer and skin feels very smooth. This bottle will last at least a year for me. I am an ordinary fan, use the serums and have a regime that I have been tweaking for about a year. Very pleased with all products except rose hip oil but that's just my skin and one product.

About reviewer (78 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

7 days ago

Standard The Ordinary packaging -- minimalistic and not too wasteful. The ampoule design makes it easy to drop the solution onto your skin. I've used this a few times now and my skin feels less rough and more supple after I follow it up with my toner, serum, emulsion, and ceramide cream routine. I leave it on for almost the full 10 mins and it doesn't burn. Only a very slight stinging upon first application but it goes away for me. Major downside is that I had to order it from Amazon Canada (they don't sell it in Sephora and it can't be shipped here from The Ordinary's site) and it was almost $30 CAD. :( Hoping this ampoule lasts me awhile.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

17 days ago

I've tried several the ordinary products and some of them are either hit or miss. But this peel is amazing! It's only $7.20 CAD for 30ml. I've tried Drunk Elephant's baby facial several times, it did nothing for my skin. My skin type is combination with a tendency to be dehydrated, especially during the winter months. I cannot stress that you should follow the instructions and do not leave this on for more than the recommended 10 minutes. It will burn. Also you must wear sunscreen! This product along with their lactic acid has helped me diminish the acne scars from my cheeks from my early 20s. Definitely recommend but patch test if you have sensitive skin! I would repurchase when I run out.

About reviewer (41 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

2 months ago

OMG! I love this stuff. You can't beat the price an it's very effective. I felt that tingle pretty soon after applying and knew I'd found gold. Great product. Will repurchase when I'm out.

About reviewer (158 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairOther, Curly, Fine

2 months ago

I love using this before an event or once a fortnight. The texture is liquid but not runny. One has a slight tingling sensation but it doesn't last. After rinsing, the skin looks fresh and radiant. Very good stuff. It also helps spots mature earlier. For this price, no complaints from me.

About reviewer (124 reviews)

SkinOther, Dark

HairBlack

3 months ago

This is one of the first products I purchased from The Ordinary, and it has been one of my favorites. It is a weekly peel that contains 30% glycolic, lactic, tartaric and citric acids (how much of each acid, I'm not sure) and 2% BHA (salicylic acid). The BHA gets deeper into the pores while the AHAs peel the surface layers. While the product does add other ingredients to help with irritation, it is a higher concentration of acids so if you're new to peels, you might want to start off with using other peels first and then work your way up to using this as a weekly peel. I've used this and Drunk Elephant Babyfacial and The Ordinary is similar (perhaps a slightly higher AHA) yet far cheaper and just as effective. The product is a blood red color, so when you apply it to your face it will be red...just a fair warning for those who do not live alone. It is also vegan and cruelty-free which is a plus.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinOther, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Coarse

EyesBlue

3.0

3 months ago

i am not entirely sure how i feel about this product, as currently i already use other acids in my routine. it certainly has not had a negative impact on my skin, i just don't know that i can attribute any of the good thing happening to my face to this and this alone. as others have mentioned, the product tingles on application and throughout the duration of the time it's on your face. it's definitely an unpleasant feeling but not entirely intolerable. i use 7 drops so i'm only applying a very thin layer. i've never tried applying more than that to see if it would make any difference in my results, but i can't imagine that it would. as of the past 6+ months, my routine has been as follows: AHA 30% + BHA 2% solution every other night. salicylic 2% solution followed by 5% glycolic solution on the nights i don't use the 30/2%. moisturizer primarily in the mornings during summer, occasionally in the evenings in winter or whenever my skin seems to be getting flaky (i'm genetically oily and moisturizers often break me out when used in excess or when they're too occlusive). finally, i spot treat with benzoyl peroxide and try to keep a sunscreen on hand to use in the mornings, however as of late i've run out and have yet to pick up a new tube. my skin is generally in good condition. my routine controls the vast majority of my whiteheads + larger under the skin bumps, and i've seen a slight reduction in blackheads since starting this routine several months ago as well. the only thing it doesn't seem to do much for is closed comedones on my upper cheeks, but those don't really get to be too bothersome anyway. in general, when i wake up in the mornings, provided i've been keeping up with my skincare in recent days, my skin appears bright, plump, and even. i'm thinking i might do away with the 5% glycolic when i run out of it and see how my skin fares with just the 30/2% + 2% salicylic on alternating days. i will certainly update my review here when the time comes.

About reviewer (101 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Relaxed, Fine

EyesGray

3.0

3 months ago

Strong mask, have a slight tingling sensation but no burning. Can be slightly difficult to wash off (make sure to not get into the eyes, can be uncomfortable). Don't really feel/see much difference after use.

About reviewer (46 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

3 months ago

This is the best chemical exfoliant I've ever used! It makes your skin super soft after rinsing it off and is worth the tingling sensation that comes along with it. It almost feels like a ton of tiny needles poking your skin, but it really pays off. This is an amazing product and I think that everyone should try it at least once. I'm super excited to try more from The Ordinary in the future!

About reviewer (201 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

3 months ago

This is a crazy inexpensive, yet effective peel. For the price, the amount you get will last a very long time. I would say I only use this twice a month. I apply a generous amount onto clean skin, let sit for 10 minutes and then splash off with warm water .I have read you can use baking soda to neutralize the acid after removing the peel but I haven't tried this method. Please note that you will most likely experience a strong tingly, especially the first several times you use this. This has a vague berry smell to it and I do like the dropper bottle it comes in as it is very convenient. Overall, I'm very happy with this peel and will purchase again. If you haven't checked out the Ordinary, do so now!

About reviewer (321 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral