Fresh Seaberry Moisturizing Face Oil

Fresh Seaberry Moisturizing Face Oil

4.4

Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Hippophae Rhamnoides Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Fragrance, Bht, Linalool, Limonene, Citral, Coumarin, Geraniol.

on 11/28/2017 2:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I've tried many other oils and this seems to be the only oil that doesnt clog my pores and causes me to break out in cystic acne. I have oily acne prone and sensitive skin and am in my early 20s. I've tried other highly raved oils such as Tamanu Oil, Rosehip Oil, Sunday Riley Night Oil and this is the only one that makes me wake up feeling moisturized yet not overly oily. Most importantly, it doesnt break me out and neither did I have a 'purging phase' with this. Have been through 3 bottles now. Loving this product.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This oil is very rich and hydrating, but I do personally feel like it is a little overpriced in spite of the fact that the bottle lasts for a long time. There's nothing phenomenal about it, it is just a moisturizing skin oil with some antioxidant properties. I've used this on my face and it has never caused irritation or breakouts. I have also used it mixed with leave-in conditioner and hand cream, and it adds extra moisture to those products as well. This is a little heavy for my face every night in the summer, but it is nicer when my skin is more dry. I will not repurchase just because I think I could find comparably moisturizing oils for a lot less, but I will use up what I have.

on 5/6/2017 7:17:00 AM

Pretty much every moisturizer breaks me out, but I've had good luck with oils and serums. This is much thicker than any face oil I've tried. It doesn't smell very good, and it's thickness makes it difficult to spread

I had some cream moisturizers that I was hanging on to even though they make my skin look horrible. The winters here cold and harsh and I thought I needed a cream to moisturize my skin in those conditions. Winter has passed but based on how this feels, I think it will do just as well of a job moisturizing in cold weather. I've been using it for several weeks now and no bumps or breakouts. I will definitely be repurchasing for next winter and tossing the creams that clog me.

on 4/25/2017 2:49:00 PM

This is my HG oil-- it was my first ever oil moisturizer, and I was shocked and amazed by how well it worked! It literally eliminated my acne scars and decreased my acne, smoothed out my skin. The smell was a bit hard to get used to at first, but now I like it. I've used it for about 2 years before it expired (18 months, according to the manufacturer).

When it expires, it turns a weird nutty smell and the liquid turns from amber to white; the effects also don't work anymore. My skin is a lot better now, so I probably won't repurchase immediately to try out other products, but it really helped me out in my breakout-scar-phase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Background info: late twenties, oily skin, hormonal acne.
I bought this after reading some reviews when I was visiting the US. The idea of using an oil instead of a more "processed" and ingredient filled moisturizer was intriguing but I was slightly concerned about it clogging my skin. I decided to take the plunge and immediately enjoyed this. I normally apply 2 or 3 drops on damp skin at night after any retinoid or acid treatment, to soothe and moisturize. I wake up with calm and clear skin every time. It was a godsend in the winter when with temperatures of -20 celsius my skin was shriveling and flaking from the dry, burning cold and all the heating. In that case I used it during the day mixed in with my LRP Hydraphase Intense moisturizer and it worked wonders. I'll probably cut down on this a little during the summer as my skin might not need such moisture injection. But I'll definitely keep this on hand for dry patches or irritation. I'll be in the desert during part of the summer and I'm sure this will be handy.
Regarding price, yes it is quite up there. But if I take into account the fact that I use the most minimal amount, this doesn't feel too bad.
Packaging is ok, I wish the bottle were a little darker to protect it better from the sun, but all in all it's ok.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Let me start by saying, this product is amazing. I have very sensitive, occasionally combination, but lately dry skin, and since using this stuff, ZERO breakouts. And I mean zero. In the past 2 years since I started using this face oil in addition to an oil free moisturizer (CeraVe PM) every day, I haven't broken out a single time on my face and I am constantly complimented on how amazing my skin looks. Initially I tried using the oil by itself, but still felt a bit dry. Now, I wash my face with a salysilic acid (acne) face wash, moisturize with a gentle oil free face lotion, and THEN, I put a few drops of this oil on my palms and pat/press it onto my face. It seals in the moisturizer I've already applied and my skin is silky smooth and glowing all day. Not to mention, it's an AMAZING makeup base and helps my makeup last longer and look super natural. It smells amazing, and even if you're not nuts about the scent it doesn't last long. If I could buy this in a giant bottle for my whole body I would. I took off a star for packaging because one time the suction applicator came loose and it leaked, but I was able to exchange it at Sephora and haven't had a problem since. I also took off a star for price, as it has gone up over the past year or two and it's quite expensive at $52 a bottle. But it lasts for months and is so amazing, I'll happily sacrifice the cash to keep this baby in my medicine cabinet.
Highly recommend!!

on 11/30/2016 12:44:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I received a small bottle of this as a sephora 100 point sample and so far I am really liking it. It's been maybe 2 months and this oil is working out for my combination, sensitive, acne prone skin. I do like to use face oils at night, not sure why the preference I guess they just feel more luxurious to me. This is helping with my dry spots but is not breaking me out at all, I like that this absorbs fairly quickly and does not feel as thick as many other oils do. I'm not a huge fan of the scent though, it's not awful but it's not enjoyable either. I am not sure I am seeing massive results as far as reducing redness/brightening or improving skin texture but I use vitamin C and BHAs/AHAs for that so not really sure I would see a difference anyway. Basically I use this for some moisture and skin plumping and it seems to work quite well for that. Would repurchase.

on 11/18/2016 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I assumed this was sea buckthorn oil based off the name and advertising. However like most skincare lines at Sephora and department stores, Fresh found a way to shove other irrelevant ingredients into the formulation. This has several oils in it, with grapeseed oil as the #1. The cranberry oil breaks me out pretty badly, NOT the sea buckthorn oil. I only know this because I have tried pure forms of both individually. Tocopheryl acetate (vitamin e) also causes my skin to errupt like a volcano. Acne prone customers might also have issues with the other oils and extracts. Plus... fragrance.

I really like sea buckthorn oil (will be adding a review for it soon), but the Fresh SeaBerry product sucks. Check out the ingredient list if you know your skin well enough. The only reason this is getting 2 lippies is because it *is* hydrating and if your skin tolerates the ingredients, I could see it working for some. From a financial aspect though this is completely overpriced for what it is. You could even make a DIY dupe for less $/oz. I rec garden of wisdom for ingredients.

Ingredient list: Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil , Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil , Prunus Amygdalus, Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil , Hippophae Rhamnoides Oil , Rosmarinus Officinalis, (Rosemary) Leaf Extract , Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil , Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol , Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Parfum (Fragrance), Bht, Linalool, Limonene, Citral, Coumarin, Geraniol.

on 11/13/2016 10:21:00 PM

I was recommended this by a Sephora representative, I'm 19, I have combination skin that's SEVERELY dehydrated and very clog/acne prone. It mixed very well with foundation, the smell was very strong and it broke me out quite quickly. I wa only using 1 drop a night as well so I wasn't over doing it. I'd still recommend you go get a sample of it and try it out since it did moisturize. And remember if you buy something and don't like it you can just return it. But over all this just didn't do well for me, I'm still on the hunt for a facial oil that doesn't break me out and helps with my dehydrated skin.

on 10/14/2016 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I'm still using a small bottle I got last year, so I do use it sparingly. I have very oily yet combo, acne prone skin and this does not break me out, it can actually soothe healing blemishes. I add a drop to everything when my skin needs a little TLC and a heavier moisture barrier - moisturizer, face lotion, foundation, face masks, serums. My skin loves it; it softens dry patches, is not greasy, is super concentrated, has a pure simple formulation and is effective at keeping moisture in skin and nourishing the skin. Every woman needs a good face oil in her skin care arsenal!