Fresh Seaberry Moisturizing Face Oil

Fresh Seaberry Moisturizing Face Oil

4.3

Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Hippophae Rhamnoides Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Fragrance, Bht, Linalool, Limonene, Citral, Coumarin, Geraniol.

on 11/30/2016 12:44:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I received a small bottle of this as a sephora 100 point sample and so far I am really liking it. It's been maybe 2 months and this oil is working out for my combination, sensitive, acne prone skin. I do like to use face oils at night, not sure why the preference I guess they just feel more luxurious to me. This is helping with my dry spots but is not breaking me out at all, I like that this absorbs fairly quickly and does not feel as thick as many other oils do. I'm not a huge fan of the scent though, it's not awful but it's not enjoyable either. I am not sure I am seeing massive results as far as reducing redness/brightening or improving skin texture but I use vitamin C and BHAs/AHAs for that so not really sure I would see a difference anyway. Basically I use this for some moisture and skin plumping and it seems to work quite well for that. Would repurchase.

on 11/18/2016 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I assumed this was sea buckthorn oil based off the name and advertising. However like most skincare lines at Sephora and department stores, Fresh found a way to shove other irrelevant ingredients into the formulation. This has several oils in it, with grapeseed oil as the #1. The cranberry oil breaks me out pretty badly, NOT the sea buckthorn oil. I only know this because I have tried pure forms of both individually. Tocopheryl acetate (vitamin e) also causes my skin to errupt like a volcano. Acne prone customers might also have issues with the other oils and extracts. Plus... fragrance.

I really like sea buckthorn oil (will be adding a review for it soon), but the Fresh SeaBerry product sucks. Check out the ingredient list if you know your skin well enough. The only reason this is getting 2 lippies is because it *is* hydrating and if your skin tolerates the ingredients, I could see it working for some. From a financial aspect though this is completely overpriced for what it is. You could even make a DIY dupe for less $/oz. I rec garden of wisdom for ingredients.

Ingredient list: Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil , Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil , Prunus Amygdalus, Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil , Hippophae Rhamnoides Oil , Rosmarinus Officinalis, (Rosemary) Leaf Extract , Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil , Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol , Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Parfum (Fragrance), Bht, Linalool, Limonene, Citral, Coumarin, Geraniol.

To Read all 81 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/13/2016 10:21:00 PM

I was recommended this by a Sephora representative, I'm 19, I have combination skin that's SEVERELY dehydrated and very clog/acne prone. It mixed very well with foundation, the smell was very strong and it broke me out quite quickly. I wa only using 1 drop a night as well so I wasn't over doing it. I'd still recommend you go get a sample of it and try it out since it did moisturize. And remember if you buy something and don't like it you can just return it. But over all this just didn't do well for me, I'm still on the hunt for a facial oil that doesn't break me out and helps with my dehydrated skin.

on 10/14/2016 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I'm still using a small bottle I got last year, so I do use it sparingly. I have very oily yet combo, acne prone skin and this does not break me out, it can actually soothe healing blemishes. I add a drop to everything when my skin needs a little TLC and a heavier moisture barrier - moisturizer, face lotion, foundation, face masks, serums. My skin loves it; it softens dry patches, is not greasy, is super concentrated, has a pure simple formulation and is effective at keeping moisture in skin and nourishing the skin. Every woman needs a good face oil in her skin care arsenal!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Watch my video to get the full take on the EXTRA-ordinary benefits of Fresh Seaberry Moisturizing Face Oil and why it gives you the GLOOWWW!!!

on 7/4/2016 10:20:00 AM

I received a sample of this face oil about a year ago in a Sephora order. I tried it and hated it. It had a peppery smell to it that I didn't care for and I didn't like it on my skin. I forgot about this oil. Then I started to care about my skin. I did some research and I found out that skin care should be treated like medicine for your skin. It's not supposed to smell good. If it has fragrance added then it can irritate the skin and break down collagen. I went back to this oil. I like to mix it with my moisturizer and apply it as the last step of my nighttime skincare routine. I use a lactic acid serum as well at night as well as other others. My skin has never looked better in my life. I have one forehead crease from all the years of sleeping face down with my face smashed into my pillow. Other than that I don't have any wrinkles. I'm almost 40. Of all the face oils I use, this one is the most affordable and it delivers.

on 7/3/2016 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

If you have dry skin, dry patches/areas, texture issues, redness, or hyper-pigmentation, this oil will knock your sox off!

This is hands down the best facial oil I have ever used. I like it much more than Hourglass N-28, Caudalie's Polyphenol C15 Overnight Detox Oil, or Tarte's Maracuja oil, which are all excellent and WERE my HG oils until I discovered this one from Fresh. This oil absorbs so quickly I can use it prior to makeup application and it aids in a flawless makeup look. When I use this overnight in conjunction with Lactic Acid products, my face is glowing the next morning. After only a few days into use this eradicated my dry patches; after about a week I noticed the redness I have always struggled with has diminished greatly. Although I do have acne scarring which no topical is going to rid of, however, this product has re-texturized and smoothed my skin bigtime.

At first glance the ingredients in this product sound simple (top ingredients being Grapeseed oil, Camelia, and Almond oil) - usually when I read ingredients like this I simply purchase those and use them together. But this oil sinks in fast and is much thinner than purchasing those oils on their own and applying (they would be too thick and just lay on the skins surface). Also, this oil is jam packed with fatty omegas, which are likely what is responsible for the changes in my skin because they help collagen. What's also great about this oil is that there are no irritating citrus additives (I have no idea why so many companies keep adding these to oils and serums). This is pure and amazing. I would loose my ever lovin' mind if this was discontinued.

If you have dry skin, run out immediately and buy this!

on 6/21/2016 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Overall - 3.5
Price - 4 ($22/15ml)
Packaging -3
I've already repurchased.

I like this a lot - I went out and bought another when I was only 1/3 of the way through the bottle. It was recommended to me by the Sephora staff at a brand event they had for Fresh. I got the travel size one which lasts a good while. You do not need much, literally 1 drop for your entire face from the dropper. I'll put a another drop for my neck and that's it.

This is a blend of a bunch of oils with the base being Seabuckthorn oil which I've heard amazing things about for skin.

My skin concerns: I have dry patches in certain areas, redness (dehydration) in the cheeks and occasional breakouts.

It is the final step in my nighttime routine. I use it to kind of "seal in" everything else - my HadaLabo toner and any serums I might be using and maybe a light moisturizer in the winter.
My cheeks are very dehydrated. I dot it in the main areas before spreading it thinly over my skin. If I feel a zit coming on, I will avoid that spot and apply a zit cream to it. Personally I've found that if I apply near my hairline I might get a zit there - I'm more prone in that area. I've learned from other products that not all products have to or should go on my entire face, even if they are meant too.
I like this as I've found that it helps my skin stay moisturized effectively. Basically helping all my other products work better. My skin is soft and glowy in the morning. The redness in my cheeks is 75% reduced vs when I don't use it. Even if I skip my other products, this will still bring the redness down a lot and my skin moisturized. I often don't feel like I need to moisturize again in the morning.

The oil itself is light and spreads very easily. It has a herbal-y scent but because you can only use a tiny bit of it anyway, it isn't too strong.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Well, I've been using this face oil for 5 months and I must say I really love it. I can tell when I use it and when I don't. It has helped with my dry skin and my redness and it haven't caused me any breakouts (well, it made me breakout during the first two weeks I started using it).

I use it almost every night (I alternate with Kiehls MRC), as the last step in my skincare routine, and on mornings when my skin feels too dry or irritated. Maybe I won't use it as much on summer, but I would totally buy this product again.

I got this as a duo with the Black Tea Age Delay Mask. The little eye dropper bottle is a great travel size, but little glass bottles of oil are risky to have in your travel bag! I applied a few drops to my fingertips and dabbed the product around my eyes. It relieved the dryness around there, but I'm just not a fan of face oils.