Rimmel BB Cream 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup SPF 25

Rimmel BB Cream 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup SPF 25

3.5

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Usage: I use this BB cream every school day. I am more likely to wear Rimmel's Matte BB Cream on weekends (to parties, dinners, etc), when I am more concerned with having a shiny face.

Shade: Surprisingly, the 'medium/dark' shade suits my (lighter) Indian skin tone well, and looks quite natural.

Coverage: I'd say that the BB Cream provides me with a light/medium coverage, and the SPF is perfect for day-to-day wear. I have quite clear skin, so am unsure of how it would cover acne/pimples, however it counters my uneven skin tone and hides my light patches.

Application: I apply with a regular foundation brush, and it takes a decent amount of blending for a natural look, however it is very achievable.

Price/Repurchase: I have bought more of these than I can count, and will definitely do so again.

on 2/29/2016 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I was seesawing back and forth between this product and E.L.F Serum Foundation something or other and chose this as I *thought* I read somewhere that it was decent stuff. I must be losing it! After I purchased and gave it a shot, I found that the product itself wasn't particularly hard to apply or particularly thick. The coverage was like my skin but better, it didn't camouflage my freckles (bonus!), but for a medium color I did find it on the lighter side. I did use my favorite tool after all, my fingers. I am classy like that. Beauty blender be damned. I do find that most of the time my hands work better than any brush or blender when it comes to getting just the right touch. Anyway, like other reviews have stated, this product, clings to any dry patches you may have, and this was for the radiant version. I cannot even comprehend what the matte must do. Although in all fairness anyone with dry skin shouldn't be anywhere near a matte product to begin with you are just asking for whatever comes your way with highlighting your flakiness. After patting down with extra moisturizer to hide my dry areas, it lasted the work day and did not oxidize at all. This is far too much work for a BB cream. Going back to DS. Going to try that E.L.F serum that I should have tried in the first place. That *seems* to get some better reviews.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Meh, as a bb cream it's okay. Yeah, the shade selection sucks. If Rimmel London also tried to sell for women of color they'd have way more consumers therefore increasing their financial gain. Whatever. I don't care for this as a bob cream, but OH, let me tell ya. This works great as a face primer! I use the too faced born this way foundation which I am obsessed with. Love it, the coverage,the finish, however my skin is more on the oily side so it does not last even two hours without my acne marks showing through and my face looking like an oil slick if I don't blot. So this morning I decided to use this bb as a primer underneath my foundation and wow!! My foundation looked great all day, I think I blotted once but for the entire 13 hours I had my foundation on it didn't settle into my laugh lines or look super oily. The coverage also lasted and it looked pretty much how it looked when I first applied it on that morning. I can vouche! Bb cream? Meh. Face primer? Yes!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Great product for the price!
I bought this as a quick fix while on vacation out of state earlier this year. I was initially hesitant about the quality and safety of the product because of the price -- t was about $5 at Walmart. I picked up the "light" shade for my very fair, freckled skin. I use about a pea-sized amount when applying.
It's thick, but the texture is not necessarily oily. I've found that with my oily skin, I need just a light dusting of finishing powder (I use TOO FACED Primed & Poreless translucent). It has great coverage for redness while still allowing my freckles to shine and it does create a decent matte finish with OR without a powder; however, if used alone and with oily skin, it tends to melt off within a few hours and leave a greasy feel. It hasn't caused my very sensitive skin to break out like many foundations/moisturizers do.
For reference, I've used this product for a week during a freezing Michigan winter as well as in the sweltering and extremely humid Florida summer and it has held up beautifully in both conditions. :)

It has a safety rating of 5 on EWG.org which is honestly better than most products (yes, including some/most of the expensive department store brands). I'm on the hunt for a more natural product with a similar effect, but I will keep this as a backup for sure!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Pros: This product was relatively cheap, bought it from Woolworths. Came in handy when my previous foundation didn't cover my acne.

Cons: Pretty much everything else. It's extremely cakey - almost immediately after application the lines in my face start to show & it begins to turn orange, regardless of how much primer I use. The packaging is also broken... my foundation falls out everywhere as soon as I take off the lid!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

i have the "stay matte" bb cream from rimmel...and i don't know why i don't like it very much ! it's not very soft and dries on the skin really fast ...not very easy to apply and sometimes gives a cackey look...it lasts for hours though and gives the matte look

on 6/4/2014 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm not a huge fan BB cream fan in general but I'm too lazy to do foundation for work so I've been on the hunt for a decent BB cream that I can quickly smooth on.

This product was recommended for me by a friend so when Walgreens had a 50% off Rimmel sale I gave it a try. I love it! It would never replace foundation for me but on work days or when I'm running errands, it is great. I am very oily so I do end up shiny in a few hours but I always expect that. What I love about this product is that it does not oxidize which is a problem I've had with other BB creams and it gives fairly good coverage.

It definitely has mixed reviews here on MUA but I'd say give it a try if you've been considering it...just look out for a sale! :)

on 4/11/2014 7:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I had been using this for over 6 months, changed to the matte bb version but came back. I have to set it with ELF clarifying powder but it lasts all day. Recommend using only the light shade as they will all turn darker. Only makeup period I can use that will not turn me into a grease ball by noon, I think adding the ELF powder in ivory sets it up and neutralizes the color from changing darker.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I would say this bb cream is a pretty good one for about $6. It applies smoothly (I use my fingers) and I have no problems with blending. What I like about this product is that it noticeably diminishes blemishes and evens out the skin tone as you are putting it on. With a few dabs of concealer and setting powder, I'm able to fake flawless skin without the heaviness of a foundation. It also works well as a primer--my makeup stays on all day if I wear this cream underneath. As an added bonus, it makes my skin very soft. Baby soft, actually. My only problem with this product is that it doesn't come in an even lighter shade. I'm a pretty pale girl, and the lightest shade available is still a bit too dark. However, it's easily fixable by mixing it with a lighter colored foundation or applying powder. For such a cheap price, I would definitely buy this again. Pros: Very good lightweight coverage, makes skin soft, primes, gives illusion of perfect skin Cons: Colors may not be right for you

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I was disappointed with this one. I have a thing with foundation products that transfer, and this does. I tried the medium and medium/dark and neither was right. As usual they were too pink so they didn't look natural, specially for a bb cream. If you have neutral or cool undertones this might work, but they don't cater to warm undertones. Additionally, it was too glowy, almost greasy. It does have a lot of pigmentation, so if the color works for you and you don't mind the transfer, it is good.