Rimmel BB Cream 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup SPF 25

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Rimmel BB Cream 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup SPF 25

2.9

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I use this BB cream in Medium and it is an ok match for my summer-tan skin but it is quite an orange based product. It provides light coverage, covering any redness and blemishes, though I would recommend pairing it with concealer. It does not look heavy on the skin. It lasts all day and seems to be sweat/somewhat water resistant. This is a good product for everyday wear, and I find that a little goes a long way. My only dislike is that the consistency is rather watery, so if you use too much it will be hard to work with. Only apply a little and work quickly and you will be fine! However, for me the formula is too hard to work with and the colour is too orange so I would not rebuy.

on 2/22/2016 3:31:00 PM

I love this formula. I use the Radiance one in Light and it's a very good match for my NC20 skin. I've tried other Rimmel BB creams and they are a touch too dark or look more orange on my skin but this one, it's a near perfect match. At first I was worried that the radiance factor might mean it had shimmer or something, but it's natural looking, and on me it does brighten my skin a bit. (I can't say if it has long-term good effects, though, since I use other products, but I figure the brightening claims -- and the SPF -- can't hurt.)

The formula has a tiny bit of scent to it, but I don't find it distracting. It applies smoothly and evenly and it's a bit heavier than your standard face lotion, but you get the pigment and coverage with this. It feels more like foundation than lotion, actually, though it really is a tinted moisturizer.

It does a really good job and making my skin look more evenly complected, and it blurs out flaws really well, too, without feeling heavy. When I set it with powder I get pretty good staying power, too, even on the hottest days when I sweat a lot. I tend to keep a tube of it in my purse in case I need to touch up something, and I rarely need to use it, it works that well for me.

I'm someone who rarely buys a second of anything, but this one, I'm on my third or fourth tube of it. Factor in the price of about $7 (and Rimmel often has coupons in stores) and drugstore sales, it's even better since I usually end up grabbing this for $5 or less.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I love this stuff. I use it most days. It's very natural looking but also does a good job of evening out my skintone. I have repurchased several times.

on 11/18/2015 12:34:00 AM

I got mine in their new Radiance formulation in the shade medium. The cream feels similar to Rimmel's mousse foundation. It has pink undertones, which does not look flattering on me since I have yellow undertones. It has SPF so this does not look good in flash photography. But I see myself wearing this on days when I need to be out and about. This comes in a plastic squeeze tube like the Rimmel Mousse Foundation with a screw cap. All in all this is a good product for the price but I don't see myself buying it again if it runs out.

on 10/16/2015 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I use this as my everyday work foundation. I have to use just a tiny tiny bit but it gives good coverage, especially when combined with concealer and powder. If I use too much, it doesn't blend in and looks cakey. It's definitely not a "night out" foundation but it's a great value for everyday.

on 10/16/2015 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This was on Allure's list of best beauty bargains so I gave it a try. It must be for more oily skins, because it wouldn't even go on my face at all. I've never seen anything like this! As I tried to apply it, it just rolled right off of my skin. It wouldn't stick to my skin at all. Weird... I tried it over Hangover primer and the same thing happened. Too bad because it looked like a good color for me. At least I'm only out $7.

on 5/1/2015 9:33:00 AM

this BB cream in confusing , it suits inner lighting , covers redness , and gives that healthy dewey look , but when u go outside it looks dry , orangy , doesnt blend well, and u could see through it i gave it 2 because its cheap

on 3/27/2015 8:22:00 AM

Firstly this is not a BB cream/tinted moisturiser. Now we have that out of the way let's say what it IS. It is a lightweight foundation with spf25! Even some h/e brands give you around 20 or nothing. It blends beautifully to a light dewy finish. It doesn't clog my pores or make me oily. For me though the best thing is that it comes in a very light shade. NC10 girls take heart. It is so hard when you have celtic skin to get a d/s foundation that doesn't turn orange. Well done Rimmel, now DO NOT DISCONTINUE IT!!

on 3/22/2015 11:21:00 AM

I had tried the first BB cream Rimmel launched a few years ago and it was merely OK, but I found this newer incarnation on sale and decided to give it a go. That it promises radiance and an SPF of 20 both were appealing to me. And with the sale price I ended up paying $3.50, so it was worth a go.
So far I have to say I'm impressed. The new formula is much improved. It claims 9 benefits: priming, smoothing, concealing, pore-minimizing, natural coverage, moisturizing, awakens tired skin, brightens and lends radiance. It does offer some of all of that for me.
Now, I'm a bit north of 40 and my skin isn't as radiant as it used to be and I have some dark spots, so I'm picky, but I'm pretty pleased with this. The coverage is quite good (I'll still go to full-coverage foundation on a bad skin day, mind you), and it does gives a bit of glow and natural-looking coverage. I was actually surprised that I ended up preferring this to the matte option, but it just works better for me. In part, I think the color match is better for me than the matte version. In both I opted for Light, and my skin is NC20-ish, and the Radiance version is more neutral, where the matte leans a touch more orange, so in part that's why I prefer this. But it also gives my skin a bit more of a dewier finish (My skin leans toward normal, with drier patches in winter), so that's another reason I prefer this to the matte.
It does have a faint scent, kind of a "makeup scent" -- a touch fragrant but not super strong.

on 3/16/2015 10:23:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Not bad, I've tried worse. The color Light is a bit dark for me in winter but should be fine for summer. I'm between NC 15-20. This looks nice going on & lasts all day but after a few hours my pores look huge (without a primer). It doesn't clog my pores or irritate my skin either. I might try the matte version next.