Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Contour brush

Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Contour brush

4.6

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Where were we all before Sam Chapman arrived with her brushes? I have repurchased the whole set containing this brush (it was recently released with a brighter coloured orange handles and I've lost my old one somewhere) recently and when I gave away the other brushes to friends, this one is my favourite for a precise application of powder and sometimes highlighter.

I do not contour so I'm unable to tell if this brush would work well for it, but for pressing in the loose powder into the T zone and underage area it works very well indeed.

It washes well, does not shed and is easy to find in most Boots or Superdrug.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This is probably my favorite Real Techniques brush and I so wish it was sold separately and not in the Core Collection set.

I don't use this brush to contour as I feel it is too big and I have a better brush that fits the purpose just right. However, I use this to blend my contour, set my undereye concealer and I also use it for a controlled application of highlighter and blush. This brush is amazing for the latter! AMAZING!

I have had my brush for probably a year and 3 months now and haven't experienced any shedding. Brush washes easy and bristles are still super soft. This is definitely a multi-task brush and will be repurchasing the Core Collection just to get an extra one of these. RT should definitely consider selling this as a lone product.

To Read all 34 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/5/2016 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Oh how I wish this was sold separately!!! I absolutely love this brush. I use it for my contour. If I had multiples of this brush -- I could use it for blending concealer, applying under eye powder, applying highlighter, and even using for a more controlled blush application. Sigh. I've tried to find copies of this brush but haven't yet. I won't but another set just for this brush, tho.

on 11/30/2015 12:39:00 AM

I think this is a good brush. I use it to apply powder if I'm just doing a quick touch up and occasionally for bronzer. For applying the powder the brush is very good as it's quite dense so applies the powder really well if you just want a quick touch up.
On the other hand, using it to apply bronzer isn't as great. I find it doesn't really apply it as well and it doesn't look as defined as I'd like it to look.
Overall though, I think this is a good brush for quick powder touch ups and good as a back up for contouring.
Cheap and easy to clean:)

Not a huge fan of this brush, I don't really use it. It's kind of flimsy and the bristles are too fluffy and long to contour with. It works for blending out a contour but it's still a little small for that. I like placing the contour shade speicifically under the cheekbones and i feel like this brush doesn't allow for specific placement because of how un-dense the brush is. For contouring, i prefer the elf mineral powder brush which has shorter bristles.

on 8/22/2015 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Iīve used it for contouring and I like it but it is not what I use it for. It is my favorite brush to set my undereye concealer, super soft, just the exact density por the purpose and also its size is perfect. However it is a pity they only sell this in a set :/

I love this brush! Brilliant for contouring and blending out it is truly fantastic. It's cheap and does the job!

Used this for my contour and it is great very precise and gives a nice even finish, doesn't use up to much product either

on 5/19/2015 4:17:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

A bit different from your usual contour brush, itís still angled but is much more dense, this means you can apply more product in one go and itís easier to blend with.

Also the angle is quite subtle which makes it ideal for use on all the contour areas (forehead, temples, cheek hollows, chin, jaw, collar bone etc.) because its closer to a flat topped powder brush, but the angle is still enough to make application precise.

Cost wise, I think these brushes are about right for mid-higher end quality, I got mine in a set which was on offer so it was great value 

*TIP You can use this brush for powder or cream so itís versatile but it does pick up a lot of product so be careful when you dip it in the pan
Xx

I love this brush and I use it everyday. I like to apply light yellow concealer before my foundation to neutralize redness. I also do some contouring before I apply my base and this brush makes blending so easy! It allows me to blend in everything exactly how I like it. It doesn't scratch my sensitive skin and it's easy to wash and dry. I add a touch of conditioner to my brush then give it a final rinse and this comes out soo soft. It hasn't lost its shape either and when I blend it does so fast and it allows me to get my corrector blended exactly how I like it. I actually use all the brushes in this collection. This and the buffing being my favorite. The Core Collection is worth it for this brush. It makes contouring really easy too. Recommended!

Popular Makeup Brushes