Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Contour brush

Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Contour brush

4.6

Awesome brush for contour. So soft and fluffy. Extremely easy to clean and quick to dry. Love the sleek packaging.

I also use this as an under eye setting brush and I feel like it works better than the actual setting brush from RT.

This is a must have if you want to try out RT brushes. Highly recommend.

on 5/15/2017 7:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I am a total brush fiend and I have a stupidly huge brush collection. However in recent years, I've been phasing out everything in my brush collection to replace them with luxurious Japanese equivalents for each respective category from Hakuhodo, Koyudo, and Chikuhodo, but one brush that I have yet to find a solid replacement for is my beloved Real Techniques Contour Brush! That really speaks to the testament of how great this brush is, and I'll tell you exactly why.

First of all, it has the perfect shape, size and density for applying contour powders. It is a little egg-shaped brush that is both rounded and tapered enough to perfectly diffuse and apply product, giving me the most natural shading in all the right areas. The shape of the brush allows for precision and applies my contouring powder exactly where I want it, whilst the fluffiness really gives me the best natural effect (notice just how many times I've used the word 'natural' thus far?). I never have to worry too much about having my contour lines blended out with this beauty since it picks up the perfect amount of product and blends very effortlessly. Not to mention, the bristles are very soft and they don't hurt my face or any animals. :)

Trust me, I have tons of brushes BUT this is one where I haven't found the perfect dupe for. If this came as an individual brush, I would definitely have no qualms with purchasing it as a standalone product, nor would I mind paying extra $$$. No other brush I've tried can compare to how flawlessly it applies contouring powder to my face. I owe so many of my good makeup days to this little brush. I highly recommend it and I am proud to admit that this is my holy grail contour brush. I'd give it 10 lipsticks if I could!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Where were we all before Sam Chapman arrived with her brushes? I have repurchased the whole set containing this brush (it was recently released with a brighter coloured orange handles and I've lost my old one somewhere) recently and when I gave away the other brushes to friends, this one is my favourite for a precise application of powder and sometimes highlighter.

I do not contour so I'm unable to tell if this brush would work well for it, but for pressing in the loose powder into the T zone and underage area it works very well indeed.

It washes well, does not shed and is easy to find in most Boots or Superdrug.

on 4/25/2017 1:24:00 PM

This is one of the best brushes for applying brush and contouring areas of face such as chin and forehead, it picks up product well and blends everything in nicely, i adore this for applying blush as its got that perfect size and angle for applying on cheeks! I also use this as a setting brush for my eyes as it works quite well for that too.
This brush washes very easily doesn't stain and dries quickly! I have had this brush for over a year and have not experienced any shedding!
A must have for contour/blush.

on 10/23/2016 9:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Another fantastic all-purpose brush from the pixiewoo gals! I do really like it for contouring - small enough for precision, big enough to also blend the contour. Could also be used for a multitude of other things, ranging from highlighting to blusher and setting smaller areas with powder. I find the quality to be the same as my other RT brushes (high for a small price, that is) and I know this is a brush that I'll be getting tons of use out of. I almost love it as much as the RT Setting Brush. Almost. It's a tough one to compete with..

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This is probably my favorite Real Techniques brush and I so wish it was sold separately and not in the Core Collection set.

I don't use this brush to contour as I feel it is too big and I have a better brush that fits the purpose just right. However, I use this to blend my contour, set my undereye concealer and I also use it for a controlled application of highlighter and blush. This brush is amazing for the latter! AMAZING!

I have had my brush for probably a year and 3 months now and haven't experienced any shedding. Brush washes easy and bristles are still super soft. This is definitely a multi-task brush and will be repurchasing the Core Collection just to get an extra one of these. RT should definitely consider selling this as a lone product.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Not a huge fan of this brush, I don't really use it. It's kind of flimsy and the bristles are too fluffy and long to contour with. It works for blending out a contour but it's still a little small for that. I like placing the contour shade speicifically under the cheekbones and i feel like this brush doesn't allow for specific placement because of how un-dense the brush is. For contouring, i prefer the elf mineral powder brush which has shorter bristles.

on 3/5/2016 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Oh how I wish this was sold separately!!! I absolutely love this brush. I use it for my contour. If I had multiples of this brush -- I could use it for blending concealer, applying under eye powder, applying highlighter, and even using for a more controlled blush application. Sigh. I've tried to find copies of this brush but haven't yet. I won't but another set just for this brush, tho.

on 8/22/2015 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Ive used it for contouring and I like it but it is not what I use it for. It is my favorite brush to set my undereye concealer, super soft, just the exact density por the purpose and also its size is perfect. However it is a pity they only sell this in a set :/

on 11/30/2015 12:39:00 AM

I think this is a good brush. I use it to apply powder if I'm just doing a quick touch up and occasionally for bronzer. For applying the powder the brush is very good as it's quite dense so applies the powder really well if you just want a quick touch up.
On the other hand, using it to apply bronzer isn't as great. I find it doesn't really apply it as well and it doesn't look as defined as I'd like it to look.
Overall though, I think this is a good brush for quick powder touch ups and good as a back up for contouring.
Cheap and easy to clean:)

Popular Makeup Brushes