L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche Eyeshadow

Filtered by hair type : Wavy

3.4

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Meh. Cheaply milled pigments in a cheap teen-friendly price. Not awful but not great either.
No comparison to Lorac, MAC, Bobbi Brown, NARS and other high-end brands.

Note: L'oreal and L'ancome is the same crap in a different package.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I got this on sale at Target for only $3! it's originally priced around $8-$11 so it was a great deal. The colors show up easily because they are soft and creamy; however, they aren't too pigmented which is okay for me since I wear them to school. It stays on for hours and the colors are pretty.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I love this product. I have been using it for a long time now will continue! It stays on the brush well in order to apply it, and blends beautifully. Having good brushes helps though, which I do. I hear some people on here say that is an issue and I believe that a good brush does make a huge difference. I work 12 hour shifts in law enforcement and it easily stays on and lasts me for my entire shift on duty. I always use Good Luck Charm, and Cupa Joe. Great product, highly recommended!

These little quads retail for around $8 at the store. I picked up the 211 blue haute couture from the brazened bolds collection. I really thought I'd like this, the packaging was really cute and chic, the colors looked gorgeous and satiny in the pan. I thought this would be pretty for summer, especially the turquoise-like shade in the set. In addition to this shade, there is a champagne-like color for a highlight, dark blue for the crease and hunter green shade for defining the lashline. As I've said in the pan these colors looked very pigmented and lovely, but that so didn't transfer to real life. These really have to built up and packed on to even show on my lids properly, even with a primer and what's worse is they totally disappear throughout the day, again..even with a primer. They either crease like crazy or just flat out disappear every single time. The primers I use make even the most cheap of shadows at least be usable and stay for a little bit of time, but not these bad boys. Fortunately I didn't waste a lot of money on this guy, and got it on sale to boot. But I definitely wouldn't repurchase. Granted, I could have just gotten a dud and the other color ranges may be better formulated but judging from most the other reviews my hopes wouldn't be too high.

I own this in black or noir, Im not sure what it is called. I've bought it and replaced it probably 3 times now. I use it as an eyeliner, with a flat brush. For me, it's the ideal eyeliner and it works beautifully with a nice eyeshadow primer like UDPP or even ELF's primer is great too. This stuff doesn't budge in spite of my greasy eyelids. It's not the blackest black I've ever used, but for this application, it's perfect. I've kept it in my collection for more than 7 years now and while I may try eyeliner pencils and gels/creams...I always come back to this because of the lasting power and ease of application.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

What the--seriously? I must be buying a completely different product than the rest of y'all, because from my perspective, we've got GAMECHANGERS on our hands. This is the new standard by which all future high-street eyeshadow should be judged.

I'll tell you a story. In the past, one of the only two drugstore makeup items I considered categorically inferior was eyeshadow. (A distinction now reserved for eyebrow pencils, but we'll address that another time.) The singles were always chalky, anemic, left big old piebald patches when you tried to blend them...the palettes were either too conventional or not conventional enough, if that makes sense...they wouldn't stick to the lid, even if you tried to glue them into place with another product...with the sporadic exception, they were just plain awful. I honestly didn't expect great things from these at first, either. I initially saw them at Ulta, and the selection was fairly limited, so although they caught my eye with their newness, I don't remember being knocked out of my socks by them. Then Target displayed the whole line, and it literally took me half an hour to choose just one, because that was all I could afford at the time.

I have four now, all from the Brazen/ Bold subcategory, I think (Hollywood Icon, Shopping Spree, Blue Haute Couture, Neon Skirt), but the good news here is, you can get any look you could possibly be after: basic, smokey, or bright. The pigments are just rich enough (no, they're not going to wrestle your eyelid to the ground--get over yourselves), they submit to the will of my blending brush, and the shade groupings are so clever. My hands-down favourite is Shopping Spree, which has the gall to pair coral with, not brown, but GUNMETAL--come on, now, who thinks of that? Warm and cool, together on the same eye, and by Wedge Antilles, it WORKS. Then, they complete the one-two punch by offering a variety of textures and finishes. Yes, the majority of them shimmer, as is a common complaint about drugstore eyeshadow, but you know what? This issue transcends price range. Just three days ago I was kicking off about neither MAC nor Urban Decay carrying matte pastels/ brights (I do love my Naked2 palette more than morning coffee and my parents, but more on that later). So that tip needs to be retired already. Ready for some more good news? If you're into matte neutrals but can't afford the UD Naked Basics palette, Cuppa Joe has you covered. All you'd need to pick up is a matte black.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Why, why, WHY did I not read the reviews before buying this?! What on earth was I thinking? Probably not much, I was mostly just attracted to the pretty colors and had a coupon. Even with the coupon, it's still a waste.
The pigmentation is ridiculously poor. The shadows are as difficult as Lindsay Lohan in an interview. They simply do not blend and look chalky as can be.
And the packaging...yeesh. It looks pretty from the outside, but broke the second I got home.
In short, I've had MUCH better quality from my Wet 'n' Wild shadows. Heck, my .99 Profusion palette kicks this piece of junk to the curb.
My advice: Save your money. It's better spent on cheaper palettes.