Silk'n Silk'n Flash&Go

No Image

3.7

on 12/29/2016 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'll start by saying that I really really wanted this to work. I'll also bluntly say that it didn't. I bought this right around christmas time in 2015 and had such high hopes. I'm the "perfect candidate." I'm pastly pale (like sparkle in the sun, pale) and I'm also a little italian so my hair is dark and coarse. Perfect, I though. Wrong! There are a few reasons why I was so disappointed with this product. The obvious being that I didn't see any effect. I have used this every two weeks as recommended for the last year on my leg (just one) and have no results. Why did I use this on just one leg? Because my right lag is tattooed and it's not supposed to be used over them. I assume because they don't know what will happen, yet, if you do. Needless to say, this was probably the best way to keep track of the progress.. just compare legs! Wel, there was nothing to compare after about 5 months.

After 5 months I started using this every week. I ended up with thinner hairs, but not any smooth surfaces. So, I called the company... They told me to stop using it every week as the growth cycle is two weeks so every week does nothing. But simple math shows that using it every week is also using it every two weeks, so that didn't make sense but I went back to every two weeks.. 6 months in, still nothing.

I then called the company for a refund. I don't have a receipt so the simple answer was just a flat out no. Why? I have the product... I have the card I bought it on.. and it doesn't work. Their costumer service is not great, to say the least.

It also desensitizes your skin. I know that sounds weird, but it does! At first I thought I was crazy but then realized, I, in fact, am not. One day out of the shower I dried my leg (s) to use this but it was humid so there was still moisture. I pulled out a blow dryer and used it along my calf to make sure my skin was nice and dry as the company says it should be. I couldn't feel the air on my leg! No matter how close I got or how high the heat was, I felt nothing. I thought this was strange, obviously, so I tried it on my right leg (the one I was not using the product on) and I could feel the heat and air.

I should mention that I do use this on the highest setting, which is 5. it hurt a little to begin with but over time, it stopped. I thought I was just building tolerance, but turns out I just can't feel anything on the surface of my skin.

It has been a year now. My hair is thinner, and grows back a tiny bit slower, which is why I gave two stars instead of one, but I am not anywhere near hairless. I am just out of a bunch of time (that I probably could of used working to afford real laser hair removal) and $300.

I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone.

on 10/8/2016 8:59:00 AM

First I have fair skin tone and my hair are light (on my legs) and very coarse (underarm).
12 years of shaving everyday are now done!

I bought this on may. Îve been using it for 5 months and I can see BIG changes.
On my legs: missing spots of about 70% of my hair are gone.
Underarm and private parts: hair is way less coarse. I couldn't go a day without shaving and now, i can easily expand 4 days without doing my underarm! Tho, less spots are missing. I think my hair have to go lighter before it falls...
This machine works very well for fair skin tone with light-medium hair.
It took me 15 min the first months. But as the hair fell, i can see îve missed spots (shape of the tip) so now it takes me 45 min for legs only (once in a Month). Did I tell you it is ouchless?!?
I recomend this products for all ladies with the right skin tone, you need this!
Oh and no problem with the light! I bought the 120 000 flashes and no problem!

First, I would like to say that I have gone to the actual dermatologist for hair removal and it worked - AMAZING! So when seeing this item on TV I knew my skin and hair type would be perfect for it, and at that price, I could do everything for WAAAY cheaper.....wrong.

Cons:
-Super small laser area
-Took me upwards of 2 hours to do my legs and arms
-Used highest setting with zero results
-Took soooo much time and effort to do it
-Cannot watch TV while doing it because the fan is so loud
-Got little brown freckles after using it (that's scary)
-Made zero impact on hair growth, and I used it MORE than what was suggested
-Burnt me in areas

Yes, going to a dermatologist is expensive, but it actually WORKS. This thing did NOTHING. Glad I got my money back. Do not buy unless you have a money-back guarantee!!

on 1/25/2015 4:54:00 PM

At my age I've tried it all to remove hair, remember those horribly painful epliator machines! Waxing, electrolysis, laser. My hair was so thick I would have five o'clock shadow on my lower legs and bikini line. I tried the tria and had good results on my lower legs but with head being so small it took forever and it was too painful for the bikini area. Yes I am the perfect candidate pale skin and dark hair.

I purchased the flash n go in October and started treating evey two weeks. I've done toes, top of feet, legs, bikini, stomach, and underarms. Amazing results. I can easily go without touch up shaving for a week. My bikini area has never looked better and I've been using the highest setting the entire time and barely any pain. The only pain is if I miss a hair or two shaving...then it made me jump.

After 35 years I now know what it feels like to have girl skin, meaning smooth and hair free. I only wish this product would have been around when I was younger.

My first cartridge needs replacement, I purchased the machine with 5000 flashes and just purchased the lifetime cartridge. Oh and I've also treated my chin and upper lip, just touch up as I've had the lip hair lasered off a couple of years ago. highly recommend this product so much cheaper than professional treatments and done in the privacy of my home.

Edit #2: It's now 2017, and I'm still enjoying my smooth skin. There are a few hairs that have wiggled back on my legs, but frankly, they're so sparse and thin, I'm not bothered by them. Overall, it's been over 2 years, and my usage of this has come down to once every 6 months or so in the past year and a half, and now every rare maintenance session is merely targeting a few random hairs here and there.

Edit: I've come back to update this. Thank you Silk'n. This has been a miracle worker and I'm so thankful for it. <3

First off, I've been a monthly self-waxer for 6 years now. My skin's really not taking it well anymore, so I've been using Flash&Go and it has significantly slowed down my hair growth for each hair follicle treated. Given the patience and diligence, this product definitely works.

I have been using it on my full legs, arms, bikini line, underarms, and upper lip for 3 months. The hair growth on my legs have dramatically slowed down to very minimal growth, and I don't think I'll ever have to wax my legs again, yay! The same goes for my upper lip and arms. The bikini line and underarms are progressing slower, but since the hairs are thicker and more persistent, that's understandable.

Tips:
- Always shave first. Depending on hair growth rate, wait a day or two to make sure the hairs are really in the growth phase, and then treat those areas that have actively growing hairs.
- Move up the intensity levels as quickly as you can, but don't go up if you don't feel safe about it. Some areas are a bit more sensitive than others, so adjust the levels accordingly.
- Be patient. There are so many hair follicles, and not all of them grow hair at the same time, so you might be confused when more hairs grow out, but it's not that it's not working, but they're just new hairs that are still untreated.
- If you're serious about this product, go for the life-time supply cartridge. It is about $100 more expensive, but given that almost all people need numerous refill cartridges, it is incredibly cheaper in the long run.

on 10/24/2014 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought the Flash n Go Freedom on sale via a shopping channel, and have used it about 7-8 times now. It really works! I have dark brown hair and pale skin and have tried it on everything from my underarms to my big toes and the hair is disappearing. I'm honestly amazed, I didn't think it would work. About half of the hair under my arms has stopped growing back, and my legs are even better. I used to have to shave my legs every day and now I can go almost a week between shaves. That's pretty amazing, if you ask me.

A few suggestions for those who aren't seeing results: make sure the area is shaved first, not waxed or plucked. Use as high a setting as you can stand (right now I'm up to level 4 for my underarms...it does sting a bit but it doesn't really hurt, and I'm a wuss). Be patient! I only started seeing results after about 4 treatments, and I still have some regrowth. It's not going to work overnight, especially when you realize that you're only supposed to use it once every 10-14 days.

It's not a cheap device but when you compare it to the cost of laser treatments it's well worth the investment. Plus you can do it in the comfort of your own home. I definitely recommend it, I'm even lending it to my friend after I'm done, because she's super eager to try it for herself.

I've done 5 treatments and see zero results. I might try 1-2 more treatments before giving up, but I doubt I'll see a difference. I also have dark hair and light skin. If anyone knows of an at-home laser that actually works, please let me know.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have the Freedom device, which is currently only sold at Sephora, it comes with 5, 000 flashes, but otherwise is the same.
I love mine and wish to never part. I used to perform laser hair removal in a Medical Spa, and have professionally used both IPL and Laser machines. I have also used a friends Tria. With all of that, I chose the Silk'n Flash.
I like that the head of the device is larger, making large areas go much, much faster. I can do both my legs or my boyfriends back in 30 minutes - compared to hours. Also, a numbing cream isn't needed as it hurts much, much less.
I am only 2 months in, and seeing solid bald patches already!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This helps thin the hair out a little, but it is not cheap (if like me, you have a lot of leg hair it takes a lot of cartridges to cover the entire leg, I am "blessed" with lots of upper leg hair (uck!), I have gone through a lot of cartridges in a short time. I find for myself, as I have a lot of dark hair, the upside is, it works better on darker hair, but darker hair shows more when it comes back in. At most, it seems to slow the regrowth process. I have found the hair eventually, with a lot of treatments grows in a little finer and a few less hairs. It worked well on my underarms so far, but I have given those about 15 treatments in the last ten months! Bikini line is better as well, I think in my case the hair there is finer. I have to say, if I want to lessen my leg hair for a while (summer especially), it is better than waxing, but costs more than waxing. I often combine both waxing and this) It seems in my experience the best hair removal for home and for actual permanent hair removal is the one touch by Inverness, but it takes a lot of time and patience. The upside with one touch is I never get any regrowth on the hair, unless on the odd occasion, I miss the follicle root. I have had a lot of practice with the one touch on my upper lip and chin, those hairs are gone forever, yay! legs of course take forever, any large area does with electrolysis. Bottom line on the Silk'n Flash&Go , it is expensive, moreover, it is not as effective as I had hoped, but it is good at least at clearing the hair out for a while, but most of it usually eventually returns, at least in my case. If you are looking for permanent removal nothing beats electrolysis.

on 8/11/2013 5:19:00 PM

I was able to pick this up on eBay for less than half of the retail price. Although not a overnight miracle machine, it has absolutely helped thin out my hair. It burns slightly, but it only lasts a half second.

I do make sure to wear sunglasses when I use it. Also, I exfoliate a few days later to loosen up any dead hairs and prevent ingrowns (on top of using an ingrown hair treatment).

It's not going to give you salon results immediately, but it will help soften everything up.

Popular Hair Removal Products