Trader Joe's Coconut Body Butter

Trader Joe's Coconut Body Butter
Coconut Body ButterCoconut Body Butter

4.1

COCONUT BODY BUTTER : water, coconut oil, cetyl alcohol, capric/caprylic triglyceride, glyceryl stearate se, glycerin, stearyl alcohol, Shea butter, aloe leaf juice, clary extract, vitamin E, grapefruit fruit extract, yucca extract, dimethicone, orange peel extract, rosemary leaf extract, marshmallow extract, lemongrass extract, carbomer, centella asiaica extract, matricaria flower extract, polysorbate, 20, hops extract, sodium benzoate, disodium EDTA, lemon peel extract, horsetail extract, vaccinium myrtillus fruit/leaf extract, fragrance, ethylhexylglycerin, phenoxyethanol, sodium hydroxide, potassium sorbate. PUMPKIN BODY BUTTER : water, coconut oil, cetyl alcohol, shea butter, glycerin, stearyl alcohol, dimethicone, Pumpkin seed oil, Clary extract, grapefruit fruit extract, orange peel extract, rosemary leaf extract, Chamomile Recutita extract, lemon peel extract, Banana fruit extract, coconut extract, ginger root extract, guava fruit extract, lemongrass extract, papaya fruit extract, arrowroot extract, raspberry fruit extract, sandalwood extract, kelp extract, watercress extract, kukui extract, aloe leaf juice, tocopheryl acetate, carbomer, cetearyl olivate, sorbitan olivate, glyceryl caprylate, glyceryl undecylenate, fragrance, tetrasodium glutamate diacetate, sodium hydroxide. Contains Tree nuts

on 12/6/2016 4:33:00 PM

i work in the healthcare industry and we are ALWAYS washing our hands. This body butter is AMAZINGLY hydrating. Not to mention the smell. I have Pumpkin, Coconut and Pomegranate and they are all amazing.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I really wanted to like this body butter and there were a couple things I did like. I loved the whipped consistency and I personally liked the "cheap vanilla candle" scent, however this stuff wasn't as hydrating as you'd expect from a body butter. It's weird that it didn't moisturize that well because of the coconut oil content and the fact that it felt like it sat on top of my skin for a long time after I applied it but I guess I'll just have to keep searching for my HG body lotion. A tub of this also goes super fast - it only lasted me about two weeks for an 8 ounce jar.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is really thick and creamy and I cannot believe given the texture how bad it is at hydrating my skin. I will wake up the next morning flakey and ashy and I've never used a worse moisturizer. It's cheap but if it doesn't work than its just a waste of money. Smells like fake coconut too, which wouldn't bother me if it worked but it doesn't. To be fair I live in Colorado and have dry skin but plain coconut oil works a million times better, or any other lotion.

I LOVE this stuff. It smells so good and is so moisturizing on my legs. I can't use it on my arms because it causes breakouts, but that's ok. I use it after i shave and my legs are so soft!

on 12/22/2015 9:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have to agree with another reviewer that says this reeks like a cheap vanilla candle. As soon as I opened and sniffed, it put me off immediately... Overwhelmingly artifical coconut/vanilla smell.. The cream is nice, but not amazing.. It is not greasy at all and sinks in, but I can't imagine this working well for someone with severely dry skin issues.

Dang it! I was SO excited to get this as I love coconut scents and I watched a Youtube review lauding this cream, stating it smelled of a natural dessicated coconut.. NOT so for me, at all.. I had bought one for me and one as a Christmas gift, but taking both back to TJ's... I should have asked Trader Joe's to let me sample it first. they usually do that with their products..

on 12/20/2015 6:22:00 PM

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium

I gave this three lippies because it's very hydrating, which a body butter should be. I actually give it 5 for that. However, the engineered coconut scent (definitely NOT what actual coconut oil smells like) is unbelievably overwhelming - to the point I can still smell it the next day. Seriously, no product needs to have such a strong smell! It's actually stronger than some perfumes. Soooo - if you have very dry skin and want everyone in the room to know you are wearing a fake coconut scent - BUY THIS!! If you are bothered by strong engineered scents, don't buy this. I, unfortunately, won't.

on 9/5/2015 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

The smell of this is really unnatural. I usually live where there are coconuts abound, and naturally made coconut products. This body butter has a heavy synthetic coconut smell. It's not very creamy, has a kind of chunky texture, and is not very easy to rub into my skin. It also went rancid after a few months. To the garbage!

I bought this because it's available year-round, and I'd finally run out of the TJ's pumpkin body butter. I didn't like the smell, it was that of fake coconut. The texture was a little "off"-- not really like a body butter, more like a regular lotion. It didn't seem to moisturize as well. Ah man, I'll have to wait to pumpkin to be back in season!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I absolutely love this stuff. I get lazy when it comes to lotion I'll be honest. I have different brands and scents in my bath room. I can't get enough of this Body Butter though. The scent is amazing. It has this coconut scent mixed with this warm vanilla Shea butter type scent. It isn't too sweet smelling. It moisturizes nicely without being greasy. It soaks into the skin fast and real hydrates. I can't stop using this. I put it on at least twice a day. Love this stuff plus it's cheap. I know I'll be sticking up for winter when my skin gets really dry

on 8/1/2015 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I can't believe that I am just now discovering this luxurious gem. I've passed it by so many times in Trader Joe's. It's a good price so I thought I'd try it, if I didn't like it, hey, at least I didn't spend a fortune on it. This stuff is amazing.The smell is like a coconut vanilla frosting! The consistency is fluffy & creamy and it glides on nicely. Usually, I am so lazy to apply lotion all over, but this feels like a treat! The smell also lasts, and I get complimented all of the time. My only con is that I wish the moisturization factor would last longer. Of course, I have dry skin so it may just be me. I can't wait till the pumpkin body butter comes out in the fall.