Trader Joe's Coconut Body Butter

Trader Joe's Coconut Body Butter
Coconut Body ButterCoconut Body Butter

4.1

COCONUT BODY BUTTER : water, coconut oil, cetyl alcohol, capric/caprylic triglyceride, glyceryl stearate se, glycerin, stearyl alcohol, Shea butter, aloe leaf juice, clary extract, vitamin E, grapefruit fruit extract, yucca extract, dimethicone, orange peel extract, rosemary leaf extract, marshmallow extract, lemongrass extract, carbomer, centella asiaica extract, matricaria flower extract, polysorbate, 20, hops extract, sodium benzoate, disodium EDTA, lemon peel extract, horsetail extract, vaccinium myrtillus fruit/leaf extract, fragrance, ethylhexylglycerin, phenoxyethanol, sodium hydroxide, potassium sorbate. PUMPKIN BODY BUTTER : water, coconut oil, cetyl alcohol, shea butter, glycerin, stearyl alcohol, dimethicone, Pumpkin seed oil, Clary extract, grapefruit fruit extract, orange peel extract, rosemary leaf extract, Chamomile Recutita extract, lemon peel extract, Banana fruit extract, coconut extract, ginger root extract, guava fruit extract, lemongrass extract, papaya fruit extract, arrowroot extract, raspberry fruit extract, sandalwood extract, kelp extract, watercress extract, kukui extract, aloe leaf juice, tocopheryl acetate, carbomer, cetearyl olivate, sorbitan olivate, glyceryl caprylate, glyceryl undecylenate, fragrance, tetrasodium glutamate diacetate, sodium hydroxide. Contains Tree nuts

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

LOVE this as a body moisturizer. I don't remember much about the scent either way, except that it was of course coconuty/tropical. For me the texture is what makes me love this product. It absorbs extremely well, yet its so moisturizing and really feels great on the skin. I'd buy this as a staple if I had a TJ's nearby. I actually prefer the tub container vs a pump bottle because I don't have to waste any product this way. I tend to be picky about lotion textures--I don't like too watery or too greasy and I feel this product hits the perfect balance of deep moisture without being tacky or heavy on the skin.

on 3/13/2017 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Very disappointed. I thought it would be very moisturizing since it's a body butter but I was wrong. It doesn't moisturizer my skin at all even though my skin is not super dry. I was using body shops body butter which are so rich and moisturizing but they can be so expensive so I was looking for a cheaper alternative. But this body butter feels even lighter than most lotions i have tried. I don't like the scent either but it's not too horrible. It has a strong vanilla smell so if u don't like vanilla, you wouldn't like it. I'm definitely not buying it again. If you're looking for a rich , emollient, hydrating butter, then this is not for you. If you want something very light, then it might be good as long as you like vanilla scent.

on 12/6/2016 4:33:00 PM

i work in the healthcare industry and we are ALWAYS washing our hands. This body butter is AMAZINGLY hydrating. Not to mention the smell. I have Pumpkin, Coconut and Pomegranate and they are all amazing.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I really wanted to like this body butter and there were a couple things I did like. I loved the whipped consistency and I personally liked the "cheap vanilla candle" scent, however this stuff wasn't as hydrating as you'd expect from a body butter. It's weird that it didn't moisturize that well because of the coconut oil content and the fact that it felt like it sat on top of my skin for a long time after I applied it but I guess I'll just have to keep searching for my HG body lotion. A tub of this also goes super fast - it only lasted me about two weeks for an 8 ounce jar.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is really thick and creamy and I cannot believe given the texture how bad it is at hydrating my skin. I will wake up the next morning flakey and ashy and I've never used a worse moisturizer. It's cheap but if it doesn't work than its just a waste of money. Smells like fake coconut too, which wouldn't bother me if it worked but it doesn't. To be fair I live in Colorado and have dry skin but plain coconut oil works a million times better, or any other lotion.

I LOVE this stuff. It smells so good and is so moisturizing on my legs. I can't use it on my arms because it causes breakouts, but that's ok. I use it after i shave and my legs are so soft!

on 12/22/2015 9:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have to agree with another reviewer that says this reeks like a cheap vanilla candle. As soon as I opened and sniffed, it put me off immediately... Overwhelmingly artifical coconut/vanilla smell.. The cream is nice, but not amazing.. It is not greasy at all and sinks in, but I can't imagine this working well for someone with severely dry skin issues.

Dang it! I was SO excited to get this as I love coconut scents and I watched a Youtube review lauding this cream, stating it smelled of a natural dessicated coconut.. NOT so for me, at all.. I had bought one for me and one as a Christmas gift, but taking both back to TJ's... I should have asked Trader Joe's to let me sample it first. they usually do that with their products..

on 12/20/2015 6:22:00 PM

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium

I gave this three lippies because it's very hydrating, which a body butter should be. I actually give it 5 for that. However, the engineered coconut scent (definitely NOT what actual coconut oil smells like) is unbelievably overwhelming - to the point I can still smell it the next day. Seriously, no product needs to have such a strong smell! It's actually stronger than some perfumes. Soooo - if you have very dry skin and want everyone in the room to know you are wearing a fake coconut scent - BUY THIS!! If you are bothered by strong engineered scents, don't buy this. I, unfortunately, won't.

on 9/5/2015 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

The smell of this is really unnatural. I usually live where there are coconuts abound, and naturally made coconut products. This body butter has a heavy synthetic coconut smell. It's not very creamy, has a kind of chunky texture, and is not very easy to rub into my skin. It also went rancid after a few months. To the garbage!

I bought this because it's available year-round, and I'd finally run out of the TJ's pumpkin body butter. I didn't like the smell, it was that of fake coconut. The texture was a little "off"-- not really like a body butter, more like a regular lotion. It didn't seem to moisturize as well. Ah man, I'll have to wait to pumpkin to be back in season!

Popular Lotions / Creams