E.L.F. Studio Angled Blush Brush

4.7

on 12/3/2017 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

For an embarrassing number of years, I've been using a PUR Minerals angled blush brush that came in a "Showstopper" from the Canadian Shopping Channel. I figured it was time to replace it and the similar angled brushes I read about from MAC and Sephora had mediocre reviews that didn't reflect their rather steep price. When I saw the positive reviews for this ELF brush shortly after much of the ELF line became available at a Pharmaplus near where I teach, I was really pleased - a reasonably priced bush that has such high ratings here seemed perfect.

Well, it's not perfect. For starters, my old brush has a round ferrule so that while the brush tips themselves are angled, the whole brush head is round. Not so on this brush - the ferrule is flattened out so the brush head is squished too, meaning the bristles don't have a nice, fluffy area for applying blush. I find it also doesn't pick up much colour onto the bristles. That might improve with repeated use and washing (I hope) except that this brush isn't getting enough use to allow any softening or "breaking in" to happen. I had such high hopes so I'm quite disappointed.

on 11/16/2017 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Initially I liked this brush for contouring, but I found that I just wasn't reaching for it. It's just a bit too small and isn't as soft as the other studio brushes by ELF. I think it's an okay brush for the price but I likely wouldn't purchase it again if I lost it.

on 8/28/2017 12:23:00 PM

I don't like all the E.L.F. brushes I've ever bought, but this would be among my top five (in addition to the complexion brush). It's supposed to be for blush, but I use it for a lot more. (I have two or three of these.) For $3 to $4 it works really well. The brushes are dense, but not super packed, but they're not wimpy and wispy either. They're also soft enough to drift makeup and blend it across the skin. I've used it to apply blush, bronzer, to swipe on and blend foundation, too. (Mind you, I'm not some aspiring beauty guru who lives and dies by the contour. I just want a flush of color or to make my skin look a bit more even, thanks to makeup.) This brush is better for blush, but works well for other applications, too.

This is my favorite time-saving brush. I can use it for blush, bronzer, blending, highlighting and powder. The bristles are soft, but don't seem to fall out. If I am in a big hurry, I grab my lightest bronzer and this brush and accent my eyes with bronzer and then mascara. I just use the E.L.F. daily brush cleaning spray afterwards. For this price you can have one at work, home, and in the gym bag.

on 7/18/2017 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

It's a nice blush brush. Densely packed, soft and precise. I use it mainly with my blush, but it's also working great for contouring. I've had it for more than 2 years now and it's still in great shape, no shedding and very budget friendly.

on 6/6/2017 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

A great angled brush, the bristles don't fall off on my face which is always appreciated! I use this for both my blush and bronzer, after concealer and powder. I wash it with a brush cleanser every couple weeks. I find that it applies naturally color to my cheeks, not too harsh of a line or anything. It's a great product!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I used this for bronzer for a really long time. The slant is great for bronzing your cheekbones. I've recently discovered less dense brushes and realized this brush was moving my makeup around as I applied bronzer with it (even when I used a light hand)

I now actually prefer using the ELF Selfie Ready Foundation Blurring Brush & Beautifully Bare Blending Brush for applying bronzer.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Fantastic brush, the bristles are soft, angle-cut and work well for blush, contour and highlighting. A little too flexible if you are looking to blend after accidentally depositing too much pigment but if this isn't a problem then the brush is very easy to use. Hardest decision I have to make is which product to use with the brush. Love e.l.f. brushes!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm a big fan of ELF brushes and this is another great one to grab, just not for a blush brush (I prefer a stipple brush). I prefer it for highlight, undereye powder, contour...it's a pretty nice little brush for a crazy price. I haven't had any issues with loose hairs or defects with their brushes either, after several years use I'd say that's pretty good. I think this is perfect for packing on dense color so I actually would not recommend it at all for blush. If you haven't tried their brushes yet, I seriously recommend it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Wasn't expecting this brush to be so good because of its affordable price! I was blown away at how well this brush applies and blend products! This crush is so good for multitasking - I literally use it to do my full face!

I use it to apply powder to set my base, apply my bronzer, blusher, and also highlight since they are all powder! All I have to do is swipe away the excess powder before using another type of powder. I have been doing this for at least 4 years with the same brush and it has never disappointed me! I wash it alot yet it still retains its shape and quality wuthout shedding.

Highly highly recommend!! :)

Popular Makeup Brushes