E.L.F. Studio Maximum Coverage Concealer

E.L.F. Studio Maximum Coverage Concealer

3.8

Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Talc, Cyclomethicone, Isononyl Isononancate, Cetyl PEGPPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Zinc Oxide, Methyl Methacrylate, Crosspolymer, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Magnesium Stearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 10/25/2016 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have mixed opinions about this. It is good for the price ($10) and the shade porcelain is a pretty good match to my skin tone. I have to apply this before and after foundation for it to be maximum coverage. It creases a little. It is a good product for the price and i've purchased it 3 times now. I'm about to try a new concealer because it is one of first concealers i've purchased. Overall it is good but it could be better

on 9/17/2016 3:29:00 AM

This concealer is alright for concealing pimples, but I wouldn't recommend for concealing dark circles as it creases a lot as it has quite a thick consistency. Good value for money, would repurchase

To Read all 50 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/24/2016 9:58:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this, I've been using this as a foundation/concealer ever since it came out.

It has a creamy consistency and I can use it under my eyes and on my lid to cancel out redness and it leaves a dewy finish to my skin. I will set this under the eye with the HD powder to help with creasing. Is it full coverage? No, but medium.

I've used this all over my face mixed with moisturizer or alone. It lasts a decent amount of time.

I use both nude and tan. The tan is not too dark for light/medium skin in the warmer months, and the nude is a nice neutral shade. The price is great too. I wish elf sold this in stores, I stock up when ordering.

This is my go-to concealer and all over makeup product!
I find this is the best concealer I have tried as it has high coverage even when blended out and I always apply after I have mixed it on my hand with my pump of foundation and it's always worked well for me (I use Porcelain)

PROS:

* High coverage even when blended out
* Doesn't cake up on me
* Great over foundation and lasts reasonably well
* Affordable (NZ$10)
* Thick consistency just how I like my concealers
* You need VERY little to cover a spot

Cons:

* Colour range is minimal (I use porcelain and it's not 100% match)
* Can crease under eyes and in smile lines (maybe an under-eye setting powder would help?)

on 1/20/2016 6:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I’ve ordered this in color nude by mistake. And of course it s really too light for my dark tan complexion (NC43 in Mac).

But I’m happy with this color and use it to lighten concealers which are too dark, it s the perfect color for highlighting for me!

The consistency is quite thick, reminds me of a heavy BB cream. Yet the coverage is not opaque at all : it offers a medium coverage with such a natural result and feeling to the touch. It dries mat but is not drying like pro longwear for example. The consistency is really great!

Price : wonderful!! It s so inexpensive that I m looking to buy it in other colors (probably tan for winter and almond for summer). It s one of the best drugstore concealer I ve tried.

LOOOVEEEE!!! I bought it on a whim at a Marshalls a few weeks back and its the only concealer i reach for! it covers my circles a 100% and lasts through 8 hour work days with no problem. I'm thinking of buying more shades for my kit and for when my skin tone changes with the seasons!

on 11/11/2015 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

After my regular concealer went out of production, I were scanning the internet for the best concealer to replace it. As a fulltime student I can't afford to buy any high-end makeup and was looking for one that was affordable, but did it's work. After doing some research I found that E.L.F.'s Studio Maximum Coverage Concealer got good reviews and came in very light shades. Being superpale this was a plus.

I bought the lightest shade, however it was still around 2 shades too dark so I have to mix it with my white foundation (manic panic white). The foundation do not affect the consistence of concealers or foundations normally. When I apply the concealer, it does not go on smooth and the consistency is weird. For the most even result I use a beautyblender, but it does not lay smoothly under my eye and I look worse when I set it with powder. Yes, I've tried to apply it without mixing it with white foundation and it isn't as bad then, but it does not match up at all to my expectations! However I don't know how it will work on other skintypes and shades. But to me as a person with really pale and dry skin, this was a real let-down.

Pros:
- Price
- Amount of product for the price
- Packaging

Cons:
- Uneven
- Doesn't look natural
- Does not give promised maximum coverage
- Get worse if you mix it to a lighter shade
- Not in any really light shades

on 9/30/2015 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I initially just wanted a concealer for under my eyes since I have really deep circles. I was using just a stick and powder foundation and wanted a liquid, I could never find one because I can't use foundations and concealers with cyclops and propylene glycol in them. So this was one of the rare ones that didn't have those things in it. (Trust me, there are very few cosmetics, especially concealers and foundations that don't have those ingredients). Some of the ones I saw seemed too thick like glamoflauge and that kind of scared me away as I tend to like a more natural finish anyway. So knowing this was more of a medium coverage, I figured I'd try it. I got it in Porcelain and Sand in case I wanted to try it on my face but I usually just use the Porcelain under my eyes.

So far I really like it. I use their hydrating under eye primer too and I feel I have a much less dry and creased under eye. I tried it a few times on my face and I haven't had a break out or bad reaction to it at all. I do like it so far as far as coverage and consistancy. I would get it again. I'm happy with it.

Update: The more I use this the more I love it. I got confident and started using the Sand on my face after all, somewhat more like a foundation. The color is excellent for me, in my opinion. It feels soooo nice, not thick and gross or slippery. I've been adding this to my stick or liquid foundation or occasionally or even alone and then I finish with a powder foundation either way. But I'm certain it doesn't cause problems and I'm ok with the medium coverage as well. Some days I want more on some spots but overall this works enough for my needs.

ANNNDDDD just when I love it as an actual foundation I CAN USE, they discontinue Sand. Mother........BLEEP!

on 9/18/2015 11:14:00 AM

PROS: Cheap, affordable
CONS: Thin, not full coverage (light to medium)

This concealer is nothing special, its okay for the price but doesn't quite cover that well. It can't even cover my dark circles even after colour correcting it. Maybe it's just my panda under eyes but honeslty it really did ntg for me.

on 7/17/2015 1:30:00 PM

This concealer gives a pretty decent cover for your blemishes, but in my case I have to apply it twice on the same spot to cover it. I would still highly recommend this product, since it's cheap yet pretty good!