eos Lip Balm Sphere - Strawberry Sorbet

eos Lip Balm Sphere - Strawberry Sorbet
Lip Balm Sphere - Strawberry Sorbet

3.4

Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil*, Beeswax/Cera Alba (Cire D'abeille)*, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Natural Flavor (Aroma), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf/Stem Extract*, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Fragaria Vesca (Strawberry) Fruit Extract*, Limonene**, Linalool**

I first heard of EOS lip balms through popular YouTube Gurus such as Michelle Phan and Beautifymeeh. My lips are chapped and really dry, dry enough for the lip skin to peel when I take hot showers. I purchased the strawberry one and fell in love with the packaging. The scent is divine and I like that the product is 95% organic. However, it does not moisturize my lips. In fact, it soften upon application but it does not last long and made my lips dehydrated more than ever. People usually apply their lip balms three times per day, but I had to apply this every half an hour or so to moisturize my lips.

I did some research about this product (as well as Nivea lip balms), some people stated that it contains a formula that dries up the skin.

I am disappointed in this product and I would not be re-purchasing it. What a shame since the packaging is so adorable and the 95% organic ingredients enhances its appeal. Unfortunately, it did not work for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Am I the only one in the world who aren't in love with these lip balms? This is the 3rd one I tried and I honesty don't know why I keep trying more even though the first one was already a miss for me. I guess it's because people keep raving about these and I keep deciding to give them another chance but EVERYTIME my opinion still stays the same. In general, I just find these lip balms to be too waxy and not moisturizing on my lips. This one in particular smells nothing like strawberries. It smells more like ... starbursts? I don't know but I'm not a huge fan of the scent. Everyone was obsessing over this scent so I thought I'd give it a go but no ... it doesn't smell that great. Overall, I'm just not a huge fan of these. The only positive thing is that they're super cute to carry around!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm definitely not understanding the hype. Sure, it smells good and the packaging is cute...but those are the only positives. Even after putting a lot of the product on my lips, it feels like there's not much on and leaves my lips feeling greasy. In fact, I'd even say they leave my lips worse off than before applying the product. Unfortunately, I had to throw it away.

on 8/11/2014 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The best lip balm ever! Awesome packaging that is satisfying to open and close. Not pocket-friendly but absolutely purse friendly. The balm itself is smooth, non-greasy, and highly moisturizing. Further, the ingredients are all natural!!! The first three ingredients are olive oil, beeswax, and coconut oil. Compare this with the first three ingredients in Baby Lips: Polybutene, Octyldodecanol, Isopropyl Myristate. What the heck? I know, right?! Get yourself some EOS!!

on 10/22/2013 11:40:00 PM

Okay, so the packaging is adorable and unique and i love that its easy to find in your purse. But that's about all there is to love about this product. It doesnt last long at all and i dont feel like it ever soaked in to my lips, just kinda sat on top like a thin film. And the worst thing about this product is that it actually made my lips more dry than they were to begin with, to the point of them peeling. A lip balm's main purpose is to moisturize, so for me this one was a fail. The scent and taste of this lip balm is fairly sweet. I didnt mind it but it might not be for everyone. The texture i did not like, i found it hard to apply and it didnt glide on very well. Skip this one, ladies.

on 12/23/2016 6:00:00 PM

My lips are not usually chapped but I still love using a lip balm that smells good. I decided to buy this strawberry sorbet lip balm for the first time. It is actually the first time I have tried this brand. Honestly, every single time I would apply this product it would dry my lips out to an extreme degree. It is almost unreal how immediate my lips would dry out and crack almost the point of bleeding. I have been using Organic Coconut Oil to reverse the dryness and my lips are smooth as can be right now. I threw this horrible product in the trash and will never buy this brand again.

on 7/23/2016 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Loved this thing the first time I bought it at Wal-Mart. A little expensive in my country but I loved the smell, the packaging is super cute, it's easy to find it in your handbag and the application is fun. However I bought a pack that included 4 of this and i started this color, being the one I had already tried before and it peeled the corner of my lips so badly. You don't see the side effects of this until it's too late. Yawning became hard to do, opening your mouth bigger than a hippopotamus does hurted my lips more :( I don't know what happened to this, it was perfect

on 5/8/2016 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I do like this balm, very moisturizing and smooth. I probably won't buy again only because I prefer a tube over the round sphere this came in. Also, they may test on animals, ( hard to find a definitive statement on this), and I absolutely cannot support that.
My favorite balms are Hurraw! Give them a try. Great selection, cruelty-free & vegan, and very affordable. 😊. Super company too, as I place about 1-2 orders a year for my favorites and they always include a personal note and a freebie!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Yes, it has a really cute design and it smells all lovely, BUT unfortunately it doesn't hydrate enough. I also feel like it is a bit drying and it crumbles in the corners of my lips after a couple hours - not pretty at all. I believe I've tried all the versions and my favourite has to be the blueberry one (light blue packaging), however, I will not be purchasing again.

Bought this a few years ago & I remember finding it useless. This product might look cute because of the packaging but it didn't moisturize my lips at all no matter how many times I re-applied it. I might even say it caused them to dry up and crack. The strawberry scent smells decent.

Top Rated Lip Treatments