Nuance by Salma Hayek Cucumber & Rose Dual Phase Makeup Remover

Nuance by Salma Hayek Cucumber & Rose Dual Phase Makeup Remover

3.9

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this product and will repurchase every time that I'm out. My eyes are super-sensitive and even well-rated favorites that are supposed to be gentle or soothing make them sting (Almay, Klorane). This product never stings, never burns, and removes even waterproof liner or mascara with a minimum of rubbing and tugging; a few swipes with a cotton pad does the trick. I don't have a problem with the packaging as some reviewers do, I've never had spillage and manage to get the amount of product that I want out of the bottle and onto the cotton pad every time.

I have had a hard time finding something that removers water-proof makeup without drying out my skin or causing irritation. I have the world's most sensitive skin and overall it tolerates this formula very well. It does sting mildly around my eyes if I have overly aggressively exfoliated the day before, but then everything stings at that point.

To Read all 19 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/10/2015 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This was difficult to get the product out of the jar. Also did a crummy job of removing mascara

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The most gentle swipe removes the toughest waterproof eye makeup (hello brow pomade anyone?). Excellent product, moisturizing without being greasy and very gentle on skin. I would totally purchase again. I just cant stand the bottle, like someone said a vinegar bottle. the stuff spills quite a bit and I get a ton of product loss :(

on 6/20/2014 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product.Its the first makeup remover that doesnt make me break out,dry my skin or irritate my eyes.It doesnt have any smell and removes makeup very easily without any rubbing necessary.

This is supposed to be a makeup remover, no? Not just for the eyes? I used it on my face for less than a week and it clogged my pores and gave me tiny little whiteheads. Not impressed.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I did not like the fragrant oils added to this I.e., the lavender, rose, and I HATED the vinegar shaker bottle this came in. If it had come in a squeeze bottle I might have given it more of a chance but those two things made it 2 thumbs down for me. Neither of those things warranted the elevated price in my mind. Also it worked no better and was not any gentler than L'Oreal's or Neutrogena's bi-phase, which were available at the same place and were slightly cheaper.

on 9/22/2013 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I have used Biore (#1 in Japan) for 2 years, and it removes my eye make-up in a second, loved it, however it was little too oily and I can not find it in in US).
I dislike the bottle Nuance Makeup Remover comes in - it's hard to get out anything. And it takes a while to remove eye make-up like eyeliner and waterproof mascara. The only reason I will keep using it, is because it does not leave any oily residue and I got it for $6 only (Reg.$8.50 in Cvs). I also noticed weird foam in a bottle between the layers (after 1st use).
Loreal removes eye make-up better than Nuance, and it does not have that weird foam.

This is terrific. I put a little on a cotton pad and brushed it over my eyes which were covered in black eyeliner and mascara and off everything came. There aren't any irritants that I know of in this and my eyes didn't look red afterwards. At 7.99 it might be more than some people want to pay for makeup remover, but sometimes the more stubborn makeup needs something for a little boost and here we are!

on 5/16/2013 7:38:00 PM

I disagree with the reviewer below me. I love this stuff for eye makeup remover! I have used Lancome's Bifacial forever because it was the only eye makeup remover that took my eye make up off and was gentle to the dry skin under my eyes. I've tried many brands from pretty expensive to drugstore and nothing worked for me except Bifacial. Until Nuance Cucumber & Rosewater Dual Phase came out. It only costs about $8 versus Bifacial which runs $28. (I've even tried $50 eye makeup remover like Sisley & Erno Lazlo.) Many of the younger ladies use their everyday cleanser to clean their eye make up off but believe me, when you get to be my age, the damage is already done if you have not been using a gentle eye makeup remover because the skin around the eye is delicate and cannot take all that tugging and pulling over the years. So I highly recommend this product as an eye makeup remover. Put some on a cotton pad and hold it on your eye for 15 seconds or so. Then wipe gently. You may need to do it several times. I use 1 1/2 cotton pads saturated with this cleanser for each eye.