Tarte Airbrush Finish Bamboo Foundation Brush

Tarte Airbrush Finish Bamboo Foundation Brush

4.7

This brush is so good, holy s#$%^

I had been using the EcoTools dupe for the past year until I couldn't find it anywhere anymore and decided to upgrade.

It feels like an actual angel is stroking my face I kid you not. Makeup looks great after - smooth, even and blended.

The only thing is the price. $44 CAD for a brush like....come on. Really?

Fingers crossed it lasts long enough to justify that price tag (33 years is what I have calculated)

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Thank ya Tarte once AGAIN!!! Oh my geeee I'm stoked to finally speak on this brush! Ok-so first HG FOR LIFE ...now-let me tell you why...Im huge on brushes to apply all my make-up anyway i just can't do the BB deal...so this being the first brush iv EVER raved ab should tell you how amazing it is. Lol..honestly though-it us a huge brush and a bit pricey if you dont really trust a brush b4 trying however,the fact that it is so huge with deeply impacted bristles for picking up your foundation is what makes it that much more great bc i swear i use alotta HE products for my face,but with brushes i was sticking to my ELF blending brush to apply my foundation and it was big to me,yet took awhile to work my foundation in,unlike this Tarte Buffer-i think it takes ab 3 sweeps across my ENTIRE face to fully and evenly apply! And depending on what foundation I'm using depends on how much longer i spend working it of course but even with ones iv found more difficult to work,this brush is SO awesome it makes even the hardest ones look flawless and that is why I'm in love and raving for the 1st time ab any brush!!! Love the whole bamboo look with handle and OMGAHH the best part so far anyway...IT HASN'T SHED!!! Ahhhh i can't get enough! I work my brushes different than most which can cause shedding of any brush to happen faster than usual..i apply all over but start with tapping(dotting) my foundation while moving in circular motions and work outward THEN sweep so either way i achieve an airbrushed look,but honestly this should have shedded by now the way i use it and it hasn't so i love it! If your worried ab getting into the smaller places around your face -under eyes ectra)ill be honest that i do use a small flat concealer brush for that but immediately go over with this one so that way all the hard to reach places are covered,yet i still look airbrushed at its finest! ❤

on 2/18/2017 7:57:00 PM

I've had my brush for about a year and have taken good care of it. It worked very well for about six months. But then it started shedding bristles on my face each time I used it. I can see the hairs about to come out...they stick out. Today, I finally had enough and threw it out.

on 1/23/2017 9:23:00 PM

Used this bush for years...

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Is it just me or did this brush change over the years? The handle looks different now - used to be dome shaped and now is flat and the bristles don't seem as full as they used to be. Can anyone confirm this or has anyone noticed a change?

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is the product, that I mistakenly bought, mind you, that made me a believer in foundation brushes! I thought that this was a powder brush when I ordered it on Ulta.com.. oops. Truly I say, there has not been a mistake I have not regretted more than this one.

I have been a die-hard beauty blender/beauty sponge aficionado for some time and just didn't "get it" when it came to foundation brushes. It seemed messy and kind of not necessary because my sponges have always applied foundation flawlessly. This brush was not cheap but I did perceive immediately that is very high quality, sturdy and extremely densely packed which motivated me to try it with a liquid foundation I've been using lately (Wet n Wild Photo Focus).

I wasn't expecting the ease, the flawless even coverage, the quickness and no-fuss of this brush. It truly blew me away and made me a believer! It took me literally 30 seconds to apply the foundation and I felt like I got better coverage with the brush versus the sponges I've been using.

So obviously, I really love this brush and highly recommend it to anyone, especially those of you who are new to foundation brushes and are looking for a safe and easy place to "jump in", so to speak. I love the thick bamboo handle also. I know ELF makes some great brushes, but I'm not sure there are more reasonably priced brushes that can hold a candle to this specific brush, but I would gladly repurchase because this is easily worth the price tag!

on 10/13/2016 3:15:00 PM

This brush is huge - I mean HUGE - and it makes it super easy to apply foundation since so much of your face is covered in one swipe. The bristles are so soft and it's a legit pleasure to use. I think this sheers my base out a bit, so sometimes I have to use more, but it doesn't bother me that much since I am all about drugstore foundations. The finish is like an 8 out of 10 (10 being a painstaking beautyblender airbrush finish situation). 8 is great! The density of the bristles work with the size of the brush to really smooth and blend, and even though it's so enormous all those bristles get into every nook and cranny so you're good. I love this brush. I don't regularly splurge on brushes because I find them boring, but I'm glad I have this one.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This brush is way too overpriced but it does work super well. I use it purely to apply powder foundation, I think the hairs are too long for liquid foundation and absorb too much of the foundation. But it buffs out powder foundation really nicely and is big enough to use all over your face really quickly. It's nice quality too and doesn't shed.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This works flawlessly with literally any foundation I try. It's my go to "I'm too lazy to dampen the beauty blender" tool. It takes no time to blend out my entire face. So soft. So well made. I didn't believe the hype until I tried it. #rideordie

My absolute Holy Grail brush!

Popular Makeup Brushes