La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream

Filtered by hair type : Straight
La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream
The Moisturizing Soft Cream

3.8

Algae (Seaweed) Extract, Cyclopentasiloxane, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Distearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Cholesterol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea butter), Steareth-10, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Polysilicone-11, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Powder, helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Sodium Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Powder, Water/Aqua/Eau, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Peel Extract, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Plankton Extract, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Glycerin, Caffeine, Sea Salt/Maris Sal/Sel Marin, Micrococcus Lysate, Diethylhexyl Succinate, Adenosine Phosphate, Creatine, Hydrolyzed Algin, Isocetyl Stearoyl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Sucrose, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Glucose Oxidase, Polyacrylamide, Acetyl Carnitine HCL, Glucose, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Sodium PCA, Glycosaminoglycans, Urea, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Sodium Hyaluronate, Laureth-7, Lecithin, Trehalose, Polyquaternium-51, Lactoperoxidase, Hydroxyplopyl Cyclodextrin, Cyanocobalamin, Pentylene Glycol, Fragrance (Parfum), Disodium EDTA, BHT, Citronellol, Hydroxycitronellal, Geraniol, Linalool, Limonene, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This cream transforms my skin and repairs the damage from the past fast! Every time I take a break, I regret it and run to Nordstrom to get right again. I use it as my night cream but will swap my standard day cream from time to time to give my skin a boost. It's liquid gold, love it!!

on 11/19/2015 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I used to use the regular creme de la mer formula till this came out. I like it better because it's lighter but still has the same moisturizing qualities. Soooo pricey but it really makes my skin soft and radiant.

on 9/27/2015 12:10:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My sister generously got me this cream for my birthday (I was as surprised as anyone - wow!). It smells as divine as you would expect a La Mer product to smell, light and fresh.

I use the applicator to put a pistachio-sized dollop on my fingertips, warm the cream up a bit, and then apply it to the face. It goes on smoothly and leaves behind a dewy finish that leaves my skin feeling nourished. In the summer, right after applying my skin felt a little greasy, but only slightly so. Now that we are in the cooler months it does not feel greasy at all, and I am curious to see how the cream will withhold the Canadian winter.

So far it seems that not a lot is required to cover the whole face, thus I think that it lasts for quite a while (I have the smallest jar size). However, I am not sure that I will repurchase after I finish it. The price is just waaaay too steep. But if you have fairly normal to slightly-dry skin, and can afford to treat yo self, I would recommend.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I buy this product so long as I can afford it. I use a combination of derm grade products, natural products and even drug store products but this stuff always moisturizes my skin and leaves it so healthy. I buy it when I can you only need a little bit. But worth the investment.

on 3/4/2015 11:36:00 AM

This has a much more workable consistency than the original cream, which I have also used. Sadly, it did not live up to the hype for me. I used an entire container virtually every day and I was less than impressed. It certainly moisturises the skin but so do many other far less expensive creams. On the plus side, it works really well around the eyes and smells great. But I did not find that it improved firmness nor did it reduce pores. Perhaps La Mer is more effective on mature skin? Either way, I do not plan on buying it again.

CAUTION if you have allergies. Like a few other reviewers, I found this expensive cream has eucalyptus in it to which I am highly allergic. Within minutes after applying, my face turned bright red and began burning. It took prescription cream to return my skin to normal.

on 7/6/2014 8:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I tried the original La Mer cream about eight years ago and it actually dried my skin out so it was with much hesitation that I tried the soft cream. I just finished chemotherapy and that really messes up your skin! Desperate to regain some moisture, I caved in and purchased the soft cream. YES - there really is a miracle in this cream. It may not have worked for my normal dry skin but for chemo skin - a true miracle exists here! It's definitely a regenerating cream and after about a week, my skin began to look moist, dry patches disappeared and my foundation went on 150% better.

on 4/18/2014 11:22:00 PM

I used to use the moisturizing lotion before La Mer launched their soft cream. I use this during the day and I love how it's in a jar and not a pump dispenser. I get to see how much product I have left and will last longer.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I love this stuff! Works great as a night time moisturiser for oily skin! Ive been using this in the day for winter but for summer this will go back as my night cream. This is a lighter version of the original which i also love but still hydrates enough. Calms my redness and i can see a visible effect on my skin! I have oily skin and don't find this heavy when used at night! Will continue to repurchase!!

on 5/20/2013 2:09:00 PM

This past winter really taught me a lot about skincare. I've always been one of those people who had great skin without much effort. I've been very lucky but I guess my luck had run out. I didn't know that you were supposed to change your skincare routine with the seasons - I was using the exact same moisturizer, cleanser and night cream all throughout the year! This was never a problem until last year. Now that I'm in my 30s, my skin can no longer keep up with the seasons without help. My skin got so dry this winter - it started flaking. This has never happened to me before even on days that I didn't wear moisturizer. I always thought of La Mer as this miracle cream that would solve all of your skincare problems. So I ran to the nearest Holt Renfrew to me and went to the La Mer counter. I told the SA all of my issues and she looked at my face through that cosmetic magnifying glass thing and she said that I didn't need the regular La Mer but the Moisturizing Soft Cream. So I purchased it and immediately started using it. It worked well at first - you only need a little of it. I love the packaging - its gorgeous. The smell is amazing and I love the little spatula it came with. At first I was only using it as a night cream since it didn't have any spf. The dryness went away but then came back. So I started using it morning and night and used a Clinique sunscreen on top. It works well when used twice a day. However, using it twice a day means you run out of product faster (duh). Now I know that I should've researched more about other products instead of going straight to La Mer but in a way, I'm glad that I did because now I know that La Mer is just like any other brand. I guess if it works for you and you have the money to shell out for it, then great. But for me, it doesn't quite cut it. There's nothing wrong with it - its just less than what I was expecting. And I do feel that if I use the regular La Mer, it would be too rich for me. So overall, I will not be repurchasing.

Popular Moisturizers