3.2

price range

Reviews

1.0

7 months ago

I bought this product to use essentially as a tinted moisturizer (which is what it really is - NOT a BB cream). It moisturizes fairly well and has very very sheer coverage that very mildly blurs imperfections. It has no real coverage at all and I didn’t really expect any. But! After using it for about a week, my skin is a mess. Bumpy and irritated with little whiteheads and inflamed papules all around my mouth and chin. I’m definitely reacting to something in the cream and I don’t usually have reactive skin. Ugh! Big fail.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

2 years ago

I really like this product I have used it for several years. If you are looking for coverage though steer clear. This is great if you want something to even out your skin tone and look very natural. I have both shades fair to light and light to medium. I use the medium if I ever want a no makeup look and I use the light to mix into my foundation that’s too dark. If you have good skin and you want to make it look just a bit better this is a good product.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

EyesGreen

2 years ago

This is a no-makeup, nearly invisible product. I don't recommend you buy it if you are looking for any coverage at all. I wear BB creams for the bit of moisture, glow and sun protection on days when I'm not wearing foundation, but powder foundation or loose powder on top of this BB are also nice. Double cleansing (oil + foaming cleanser) work best to ensure adherents bits are completely removed and prevent breakouts.

About reviewer (193 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairSilver, Other, Other

EyesHazel

from

3 years ago

This is my first time trying a BB cream. I wanted something not too heavy but will even out my skin tone + SPF. It's okay. It's sheer & gives me a soft, satin bronze finish. It improves my skin tone somewhat. I kinda like it! But not sure if I'll repurchase yet cus I might wanna try out other drugstore BB creams before returning to it. UPDATE Feb 04, 2017: Ever since I started using this I noticed clogged pores on my chin area. However, I'm not entirely sure if it's due to this BB cream or that I wasn't promptly washing the flat top brush I use to apply this. UPDATE Feb 17, 2017: It definitely clogs my pores. I'm not even acne prone.

About reviewer (224 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesBrown

3 years ago

I first got this to be able to wear something with a little coverage but not as heavy as foundation. I don't love this product because it does not have as much coverage at all but this product does even out my skin tone so it is nice.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

3 years ago

Not really a BB cream more of a tinted moisturizer, really light tint. Moisturizing and even coverage, but leaves skin greasy. My skin was oily within two hours w/ this cream.

About reviewer (513 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOther, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesBrown

3.0

3 years ago

This cream is great at covering up and evening out my skin tone. I'm definitely going to buy it again when I run out.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

3 years ago

I bought this because I was looking for something I can just slap on to my face with my fingers, to even my skin out a bit. The original CG Smoothers foundation was pretty good for that, a few years ago. Anyway, this product isn't like that. Its packaging is good (I hate pumps that always leave a little dried out crusty bit on the dispenser!) and it's glowy, and it feels nice and moisturizing, but it doesn't really cover anything. I was looking for light coverage, but this is insufficient.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal

HairBrown

EyesHazel

3 years ago

I bought this as a lighter alternative to foundation & it works amazing! Light coverage and matches my skintone perfectly. Doesn't look cakey on the face and makes my skin look very glowy.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

from

3 years ago

I initially bought this product because I wanted BB cream that was (1) would match my pale skin; (2) had some SPF; and (3) wasn't super expensive in case it didn't work out. This is around $6, has SPF 21, and does work for my skin, so it matched all 3 of my criteria. Like other reviewers have pointed out, this product is essentially tinted moisturizer. It's very sheer and lightweight, which is a plus if that's what you're looking for. I can tell that my skin tone is a bit more even after I put it on, but I don't know if most people would be able to tell the difference. My main complaint is that I have been having issues with breakouts on my forehead that developed around the time I started using this product. Previous reviewers with sensitive skin have mentioned that this was not an issue for them, so I do not know if this is just my skin reacting to an ingredient in the BB cream. It's also possible that the breakouts are due to other factors (stress, sweat from summertime heat), but I do believe that the product has at least contributed to the problem I was torn between giving this product a 2 and a 3, but I ultimately went with a 2 because of forehead breakouts. I might try this product again after my skin clears up, and if it works better the second time around I will update my review.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age25-29