Annabelle bb cream

Annabelle bb cream

3.7

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Annabelle's is my first BB cream and I couldn't be happier! I purchased the Med/Dark and it looks great on my NC35 skin. It replaces my moisturizer, sunscreen, primer and foundation. Olive skinned beauties, give this one a try!

It may be a negative for some but I chose this one over it's well reviewed sister product, Marcelle's BB cream, because of its subtle yellow tone, which is perfect for my Asian skin with redness problems. It's nice to see a cover up product that doesn't have hint of the rosy tone.

Instead of using my Aveeno Brightening Moisturizer followed by my Bare Minerals, I apply about a dime size amount of BB cream with clean hands, patting the product into my skin before using a sweeping to blend it in. Since I have a great deal of redness and acne scars, I use an additional half dime size amount to go over my nose and cheeks. I love the medium coverage and how silky my skin looks afterwards. Since I have dark under eye circles, I pat on a tiny bit of MUFE (6) concealer and top off with my Korres mineral setting powder. This product performed great for my 12 hour day. However, I do have to do a powder touch up mid day, that hasn't changed.

Also important: this product is oil free, no parabens, has SPF and has not broken me out!

There was a $2 off coupon at Shoppers so I picked this up for $14.99, very affordable compared to most bb creams and high performing tinted moisturizers out there (I'm looking at you Laura Mercier).

Reference: MAC NC35, MUFE 127 HD Foundation, Bare Minerals Golden Medium

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I found this BB Cream in comparison to the Marcelle BB Cream had a slightly thinner, lighter consistency and not as much coverage, more light/medium where Marcelle is a solid medium coverage. But it is build able if you let the first layer dry. I usually apply a layer, let it dry and then reapply a bit more to my cheeks. The finish is a lovely satin finish. I love how it perfects my skin without making me look made up. I have dry skin with exception of my t-zone and I found this did not accentuate any flakes, fine lines or dry skin. Just moisturize well prior to applying. This wears well and lasts me through a full day, I only need to blot my t-zone mid day.

I prefer this BB Cream better than the Marcelle because the color suits me better. Since it is more yellow toned it covers my redness better. I am also half Asian so I have more yellow tones to my skin. I have very sensitive skin and this did not break me out or cause my eczema to flare. Overall a great product that has become my daily staple. I purchased this in Med/Dark. For reference I am NC37(winter), NC40(summer).

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got a sample of this bb cream in light/medium in a magazine, along with a $3 off coupon. I was leery, as I haven't found a North American bb cream that suited my skin tone or skin type... The sample lasted 4 applications, and I enjoyed it so much, I purchased it. I have used it for over a week now, and am really enjoying it. I have dry skin, that lately, due to hormones, has been sensitive to products (causing break outts). So, I am cautious trying new things.
Side note: I really like MAC Face and Body Foundation (I am shade C1), with a tiny amount of Cover FX Skin Prep under it. But for summer, I wanted to find a single step, with SPF, that I could apply with my fingers and go. Hence the search for a good bb cream.
This product, for me, does what it claims:
- blendable pigments improves skin tone, blurs imperfections - check. This gives light coverage that blends out and blurs red and dark spots without covering them too much and looking cakey. It looks like my skin, much improved. I only use concealer under my eyes (I just purchased their Skin Retouch Crayon to smooth under my eyes and hi-light my tear duct area - will review separately once I have had a chance to use it a week or two...) and a very light dusting of sheer powder in my t-zone, and I look like I have great skin, and no makeup on.
I can even tap a little more into spots for added coverage and it still looks natural.
- boosts skin with instant radiance - check, albeit slight. I don't see an obvious radiance, but, I do see a very subtle glow to my cheeks.
- helps to minimize pores and controls shine - check. I don't have to touch up or blot, ever. I put this on at 6am, and it still looks great at 11pm when I take it off.
- long lasting moisture - check. I always wear moisturizer under foundation, tinted moisturizer or bb cream, as I have dry, tight skin. But with this I can use a lighter day moisturizer and use it sparingly, and my skin feels smooth and hydrated even at the end of a long day. And it never looks or feels greasy.
- protects against UVA/UVB rays - check, although its only SPF 15. I'd prefer 25, but I understand it's difficult to put high SPF in a cosmetic product and keep the same look and feel... (Plus my skin can be sensitive to certain sun blocking agents, so it's a double edged sword...).
I am using light/medium and I find it's the perfect neutral for me. (NW20-25). I don't see the yellow that the other reviewer commented on. (It is more yellow than pink, but I never want any pink in my makeup, even though I have cool-neutral skin). This blends perfectly into my skin tone. Garnier's light was way too orange for me. Too Faced's lightest shade was too light and their second shade a touch too dark (and too dry) for me.
Lastly, and importantly for me, I have experienced no irritation or break-outs since using this product. That is a great bonus, since it is hydrating. I notice no scent, which is often the culprit...
So, overall I'm very happy with this product and I will repurchase. Maybe only in summer, we will see...That is the only reason for 4 lippies, as I haven't used it long enough, or through any other seasons (than summer) to know if it's a HG product for me. I will update once we get into the colder, drier (moisture-stripping) months.

Update/tips:
For those with dry to very dry skin like me, you only need a light application of a lightweight moisturizer under this. For normal skin, you probably don't need any additional moisturizer. For oily skin, this is not your BB cream, sorry. Primer is definitely not needed.
Use your fingers to apply, not a brush or sponge. The warmth of your fingers helps it melt into your skin (disappears, but still covers/blurs imperfections). I usually rub it in, and then pat over my face to blend it further.
Use a small amount. A little goes a long way, and you can add more as needed.
I also like to spray my face with 2-3 sprays of a mist, like MAC Mineral Charged Water and then pat my face again, when I'm all done with my makeup application.
It truly looks natural and flawless this way.
Hope this helps!

I have had a couple of weeks to test this product and feel that I have a good grasp of what it claims to do, and what it actually does do. This new product by Annabelle is closer to an Asian BB Cream than most of its Western counterparts available today. This product claims to improve skintone and blur imperfections, bring radiance, minimize the look of pores, control shine, provide hydration and protection against UVB rays.

I have to say that I am quite impressed with this, especially seeing that it a drugstore brand and sold at a reasonable price. This retails for $16.99 and is packaged in a sleek black squeeze tube, with a clear strip to show approximate shade (although it does have skin-matching blendable pigments). You get 1.4oz of product rather than your standard 1oz of foundation.

I have this in the shade Light/Medium which matches perfectly with my NC25 skintone. Fair skin ladies may have a hard time, as the base colour seen in the tube won't get any lighter.

I generally have an oily tzone with normal to dry cheeks and have found this to work well. This applies like a thin cream, and dries to a slightly tacky, but matte finish. I like to add a highlighter or sometimes concealer under my eyes, and then set with a loose powder. With the summer heat, and this products hydrating benefits, I'm sure I would be an oily mess without the powder. Currently I do have to blot at the 5 hour mark, but results may change as the seasons do.

This did even out my skin, provide moisture and minimize the looks of the pores on my nose, but did not offer much in terms of controlling the shine on my forehead, nor did it seem to give me any glow and radiance, hence the two lippies off (in addition to lack of shades).

My bet is that this would work well on normal to dry skinned ladies/men, and best for oily skinned girls in the colder months, when your skin generally requires hydration.

Darker skinned ladies/gents will have to look elsewhere, as this is only available in two shades and the darker shade is not that much darker.

This line is also accompanied by a BB powder (a brightening setting powder---has a slight sheen), a concealer (available in 3 shades, quite pigmented, reminds me of Revlon photoready concealer) and a line eraser/highlighter pencil (white end applies clear and fills in lines/wrinkles with a silicone-type product and other end is like Anastasia's brow highlighter).

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

This is my first BB Cream ever, and I have to say that I'm amazed. I've read reviews saying that it's a crossover between Asian and Western BB Creams - a good medium, build-able coverage - and I agree. The colour of this product is to the yellow side, which works great for my Asian golden undertones. The smell is a bit sour at first, but it fades after application. I use my fingers to blend it in - 3 dots on my forehead, 3 on both of my checks, 1 on my nose, 1 on my chin - but I'm planning to buy a foundation brush to go with it. Overall, love! <3 Deffo recommend it to Asian girls with combination/oily skin like mine (this becomes matte about thirty minutes after application)!

on 5/20/2013 5:49:00 AM

Out of all the drug store BB creams I've tested in-store, Annabelle's is the closest consistency to a real BB cream (through observation, I've never actually used a real Asian BB cream before). It's thicker in texture and actually provides coverage somewhat, unlike all the other watery, "skin tone adjusting", grey/orangey sorry excuses for a BB cream from other popular drug store brands that are more akin to fancy tinted moisturizers (and it's actually yellow enough for those who have yellow undertones). It's a passable BB cream for a decent price, 9-$13 CAD when on sale.

It claims to: blurs imperfections, and improves skin tone brighten, prime, control oil, hydrate, and protect against uvb (but not uva). Also says it's hypo-allergenic, non-comedogenic, pareben-free, oil-free and fragrance-free.

True:
- it covers some redness, evens out skin and brightens a bit but doesn't really "boost skin with instance radiance"/not glowy. It won't completely cover blemishes raised or flat.
- There are silicones in this so it could act as a primer for makeup.
- it won't fix pre-existing flakes but it guess it moisturizes somewhat, I can't tell very well since I get oily.
- there is spf 15 (but this is negligible since you need at least spf 30)

Did not do/other cons:
- did not control oil. I have combination skin and my t-zone got pretty oily when I wear this by itself. A light dusting of powder over it will help a bit but you'll still need to blot.
- the packaging is cheap. Part of the groove that the cap twists into broke off after a few uses. Be careful not to twist too hard to close it.
- it separates a bit sometimes and an oily looking fluid will come out along with the cream. I shake the tube every time I use it now to prevent this.
- only 2 shades, light /medium and medium/dark. It does say that the pigments are supposed to match your skin but usually you should take those claims with a grain of salt.
- no fragrance but smells kind of sourish, from the sunscreen no doubt. You can only smell it when it's wet and you're applying it though.

Overall I really like this BB cream. It's readily available in drug stores and the like (in Canada), easy to use and provides adequate results. It's not long lasting but good for when you don't want to do a full face of makeup or as a primer/base(on top of a mattifying moisturizer) when you want to use less foundation or just concealer and you don't need to use a lot of it (I use about a pea-sized amount, dot it all over and pat it in). You can also apply more BB cream on top of redness in the usual areas that are still visible. It hasn't broken me out, but if you are sensitive to silicones you may want to avoid this as it has quite a lot of silicones in it.

I don't need a BB cream, though it is nice to have on hand and would repurchase if on sale.

on 8/16/2012 4:19:00 PM

Firstly, I am C35 and even darker in the summer, so most Asian BB creams are too dark for me. I am happy that BB creams are finally widely available in North America and I hope for more variety of shades for ladies of color. Now on to my review:

I picked up med/dark, however I could have worn the light/med as well (I tested both). So the good news is if you are darker than me don't fret med/dark will likely still work, so it's worth swatching testers at the drugstore. The coverage is adequate, I would say light, however it has a nice brightening effect. When I first read about brightening abilities my initial thought was, does this mean it'll make my skin look "white" and "ashy" like I'm wearing too light of a foundation on my face? Well, turns out it's not like that at all! The brightening effect, makes your skin tone look more even, close to glowy. You do look a tad lighter but not unnatural like you are wearing a wrong shade of foundation. I like this for the summer. Because of the heat and sweat, I like something that allows my skin to breath and not breakout. With BBC I just apply to face and I've got SPF, light coverage and brightening all in one.

My cons or things to take note of - I found the BB cream can be greasy, almost oily at times. I do not have oily complexion. I think it's the silicone. However this problem was alleviated once I stopped moisturizing beforehand and a dusting of powder helped. However, if you are oily prone, this may be an issue. Lastly due to the light coverage, naturally it is not adequate for all occasions.

Conclusion: Good product for giving skin a break, brightening effects (I do see the difference!) make up for light coverage. Convenience is superb, moisturize, spf, coverage all in one! Overall positive experience with my first BB cream. Curious to try other brands now.

One of the best BB Creams I've tried, including within the high end range. This one trumps them all. Beautiful finish; not completely matte, but not dewy, more of a satin finish. Very sheer and naturally coverage, yet it has coverage. Love that it comes in a tube and not a pump. Affordable price, and a very little goes a very long way. Lasting power is beautiful, I've worn it for 8 hours straight without having to touch up. It's just a great product in general. Perfect for weekday mornings when you want to spend a little bit of extra time lazing in bed before work, this stuff takes no time at all, so it definitely shaves off getting ready time.

Tips: Squeeze a quarter size amount on the tips of your fingers. Rub between your hands to warm the product. Gently PAT it into your skin and then blend out in gentle sweeping motions. This is by far the best way to apply any BB cream as it allows for the product to melt into the skin leaving a superior finish.

on 3/28/2014 10:22:00 PM

I actually like this BB cream. The coverage is nice, not fantastic, but, hey, it's not a full coverage foundation. It applies smoothly and blends evenly. It almost disappears into your skin, if that makes sense - beautiful and natural finish. I will say that the shade selection is limited to - wait for it - two shades. I feel like a person with cool-toned skin couldn't wear the light/medium shade. It is quite orangey/yellow. I'm not offended by the packaging and you get a lot of product for what you pay. I would repurchase.

I can't say enough good things about this BB cream. As long as Annabelle makes this, I will buy it. The colour is a perfect match for my skin, it leaves my skin looking smooth and creamy and soft! It does a good job of hiding blemish marks and the freckles on my nose. The formula is fantastic - its creamy and easy to blend.
Ive tried quite a few BB creams...either the colours just weren't right, they broke me out, or they just didn't do a good job. But this BB cream impressed me so much I'll probably check out the other products this brand offers.