Yes To Carrots Yes To Cucumbers Daily Calming Moisturizer

Yes To Carrots Yes To Cucumbers Daily Calming Moisturizer

2.4

Zinc Oxide - 6.0 %, Titanium Dioxide - 4.9% Water , Glycerin , Caprylic , Capric Triglyceride , Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil (Sweet Almond) , Ethyl Palmate * , Olea Europaea Fruit Oil (Olive) , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract* , Maris Limus Extract (Sea Silt) , Cetearyl Alcohol , Cucumis Sativus Seed Extract (Cucumber)* , Tocopherol , Magnesium Aluminum Silicate , Aluminum Hydroxide , Cetearyl Glucoside , Hydroxystearic Acid , Sucrose Stearate , Glyceryl Isostearate , Glyceryl Caprylate , Hydrated Silica , Polyhydroxystearic Acid , Phenethyl Alcohol , Xanthan Gum , Cyamopsis Tetragonoloba Gum (Guar) , Alcohol , Fragrance. *Certified Organic Ingredients

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product is a reminder that I must resist impulse purchases and wait to read MUA reviews. This moisturizer (this is without SPF) is not good. In fact, it stinks.
- The aroma is overwhelming. (I love the scent of cucumbers, but this is too much.)
- It's not moisturizing: It makes my skin look shiny and feel dry. Insane.
- About half the time I applied it, it provoked a burning sensation that would subside only after 15 minutes. It sometimes made my eyes water.

I tried this moisturizer on and off over four months because I kept thinking something else was causing the burning sensation. I've now figured out that this "moisturizer" is the culprit.

It's inexpensive, but still a waste of money. Avoid it!

on 12/5/2016 1:58:00 AM

Hygienic packaging but broke me out so bad. I have dry skin. This also broke my sister out she has oily skin. Did not do a good job at moisturizing. My skin still felt dry and a bit stretchy/tight

on 10/17/2016 8:01:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I absolutely adore this sunscreen. My skin is prone to irritation and redness, and this definitely soothes my skin as I also rotate Vitamin C, Tazorac, and Benzyl Peroxide when acne flares up. I have not had any flakies since using this. So far..no burning, but will wait until Winter for the final verdict on that.

I would absolutely NOT use this in the summer. It immediately melts and drips into your eyes. That is unpleasant to say the least. I wouldn't wear this for exercising.

It is a thicker formulation which is pretty common for physical sunscreens. Instead of rubbing, I pat it in and get a much more even application It does not 'sink in' but it is a physical sunscreen so it will sit on top of your skin. For me, I apply after my AM regimen and then get breakfast to let everything sink in. It does have a bit of a dry finish, but I like that for under my makeup cause my face is an oil pit!

If you have a pretty intense skin care regimen with lots of exfoliating, then I highly recommend this.

on 8/5/2016 11:40:00 PM

Disappointed. This is the first time I have purchased this brand. I guess I should have read the reviews before purchasing.

I can see why some people like this - it does feel like it is moisturizing as I feel my skin and it doesn't feel dry.

I'm not sure how best to explain it, I guess it does not truly penetrate as when I triage my eyes rows and stretch my skin, it still feels tight.

Nothing special about this moisturizer, would not buyet again though maybe need to consider a different product as I still like their simple, natural, concept.

on 4/24/2016 4:12:00 PM

This is for the version WITH SPF

I searched for a few months for this moisturizer because A) I've had ok luck with Yes To... products in the past, and B) I was running out of options for mineral (as opposed to chemical) sunscreen for my face.

I have very sensitive, acne prone, combination skin. It's difficult at the best of times to find something that works for my skin because I'll either break out, or have an allergic reaction, or both. With this lotion, it was both.

I've used this three times, I think, and it was the only new thing I put on my face. I had issues the first couple of times, but I ignored them, thinking it might be something else. The last time I used it, I couldn't ignore it because within about 15 minutes my face started tingling, then burning and itching. When I looked in a mirror, my face was blotchy and hives were popping up. I washed it off and found over a dozen new, tiny bumps all over my face. Most of them went away within 24 hours, but some stuck around longer.

This stuff, like pretty much all mineral sunscreens (in my experience), did not rub in easily. Trying to rub it in felt like I was going to start tearing skin before it would smooth out.

After applying it the first couple of times, I waited about 30 minutes before using my primer and starting my makeup. This stuff made my makeup look like total crap. It reminded me of my makeup in high school, before everyone knew about primers and moisturizing acne prone skin, etc. My makeup back then would look great on most of my face, but around breakouts it would have this weird, cakey, patchy thing going on. That's what my entire face looked like when I used this moisturizer. I can't blame it entirely, though, because I had a similar experience with CeraVe.

Pros:
Mineral sunscreen
Pump bottle is a nice touch, I guess
Not super expensive

Cons:
Fragrance (it is so strong, and probably what I reacted to)
Thick and difficult to blend in (ok, it was basically impossible for me)
Greasy
Not particularly moisturizing
Even after waiting quite a while and using a primer, makeup applies horribly over this
Made me break out in a hives/acne combo
Burned my skin

on 1/3/2016 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This product was HORRIBLE. It smelt so strong that I got headaches, it was hard to blend out, it made my skin sticky, it made my skin "sweat" and it gave my skin a white cast. I do not recommend this for any reason! Skip this one and save yourself the agony.

I got this product a few months ago as a special on living social for new members which included your choice of yes to carrots (moisturizer, eye serum, night cream, and facial wash) for $10 which was a great deal since each product in the yes to line was about $7 a piece. I have great skin and always use a regular soap bar and water to wash my face and I needed a full daily facial regimen and thought this would be great since someone I knew left a great review about the product so I thought why not just try the product at such a good deal!!

The great thing I love is that it has a pump instead of digging my fingers into the container (hygiene purposes).

The smell was suppose to be a cucumber smell which did not smell like cucumber at all and throughout the day I could still smell it. It wasn't a pleasant clean smell so to speak. It's not quick absorbent but it was a lot faster than the night cream. It also left a dewy look on my face which made it worse when I would apply foundation. For the price, it was worth the chance to try the product, but if I didn't have the deal to begin with, I wouldn't have bought the product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm reviewing the version WITHOUT SPF.

Just for reference, I have dry and sensitive skin, with mild rosacea. I look for skincare that is effective, while being as gentle as possible. I've used the Yes to Cucumbers Daily Gel Cleanser for a long time, and really like it, so I thought I'd give this a try. I can't speak to the long-term effects of this product because I only tried it twice. I knew right away that I disliked it, and felt it a waste of time (and an unsatisfactory experience) to continue to use it. I have a tendency to be verbose while writing reviews, so it's easier for me to just break down my assessment of this product into a pros and cons list:

Pros:

-contains all natural, and mostly organic ingredients
-easy to find at my local drugstores and grocery stores
-my skin did not react badly to this (it does have a laundry list of ingredients, so be mindful of that. Any product has the potential to cause your skin to react, despite being labeled "natural/organic")

Yep, that's about it for the pros.

Cons:

-not cheap. I paid $17 and change for 1.7 fl oz. To me, that is a little steep, particularly for a drugstore product.
-the packaging kind of sucks. It's almost as if they didn't fill the bottle entirely, because it took me about 15 pumps to dispense any product, and it didn't dispense evenly. Sometimes I'd get barely anything, other times I'd get way more than I wanted.
-other reviewers have mentioned that this has an unpleasant, leathery smell, and they're right! I can't stand the smell of this, and it lingers (the cleanser has the same smell, but that only stays on your face for a short period of time).
-doesn't apply smoothy (probably due to a lack of silicones).
-DOES NOT MOISTURIZE. My skin is rather dry, and within an hour of applying this product, my skin is dry and flakey again.
-produces a slight burning sensation on my skin
-I know that this product wasn't designed to be worn under makeup, but I tried applying my foundation over this, and I just ended up looking white and cakey.

In summation, if you have very oily skin and don't need your moisturizer to, uh, moisturize, then maybe you could get away with this, but it really did not work for me at all.

on 10/27/2014 1:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

The description on the box sounds great - mineral sunscreens and supposedly good for sensitive skin. But this face lotion is really difficult to use. It's not at all a moisturizer in my opinion. It might as well be a body sunscreen. It's super white, thick, chalky and difficult to spread.

This is definitely NOT calming or good for sensitive skin. This makes my skin really red and irritated and I don't think it provides any moisture. You're can find better sensitive skin products for less money from Neutrogena and the like.