Yes To Yes To Cucumbers Daily Calming Moisturizer

Yes To Yes To Cucumbers Daily Calming Moisturizer

2.5

Zinc Oxide - 6.0 %, Titanium Dioxide - 4.9% Water , Glycerin , Caprylic , Capric Triglyceride , Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil (Sweet Almond) , Ethyl Palmate * , Olea Europaea Fruit Oil (Olive) , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract* , Maris Limus Extract (Sea Silt) , Cetearyl Alcohol , Cucumis Sativus Seed Extract (Cucumber)* , Tocopherol , Magnesium Aluminum Silicate , Aluminum Hydroxide , Cetearyl Glucoside , Hydroxystearic Acid , Sucrose Stearate , Glyceryl Isostearate , Glyceryl Caprylate , Hydrated Silica , Polyhydroxystearic Acid , Phenethyl Alcohol , Xanthan Gum , Cyamopsis Tetragonoloba Gum (Guar) , Alcohol , Fragrance. *Certified Organic Ingredients

on 7/10/2018 10:07:00 AM

My skin gets easily irritated after washing, so when I saw that this moisturizer was “calming” I thought it would be perfect to add I to my routine. The first time I used it was immediately after a shower, and my forehead (which gets most easily irritated) started to have a burning, raw sensation. I chalked it up to just getting out of the hot water, but noticed my face still didn’t feel any more moisturized. Days after that, I applied it to my face just before my primer as a barrier moisturizer, with fresh skin that hadn’t been just washed. The burning sensation came back, and my calm skin quickly turned red and bumpy with irritation. My skin isn’t particularly sensitive, so I definitely think this is the moisturizers fault.

on 10/1/2017 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

A good basic moisturizer. I have dry skin and find it provides plenty of hydration for day and night. I especially love this for my under eyes! It has the consistency of a thick lotion. I pump it into my palms, rub my hands together, then pat it into my skin. It does have a light cucumber scent, but it's not overwhelming or irritating. Actually this product has a cooling and refreshing feel on the skin.

I think older reviews are for the old version. If you've tried this in the past and didn't like it try it again.

I use this in the mornings after washing my face with an all natural cleanser, then applying a benzoyl peroxide cream (my skin is very acne prone), and then applying this moisturizer followed by sunscreen. I really like the Yes To brand; nearly 100% natural products, no animal testing, and their products have always worked for me. I like this moisturizer because the BP cream I use is VERY harsh & completely dries my skin out. This moisturizer is very soothing & quickly turns all my flaky skin from the BP to soft, smooth, and even skin that doesn't look irritated. It isn't too heavy either & has a nice light scent, so it's perfect to use under sunscreen and makeup. My skin is really sensitive & breaks out to pretty much anything, but I've been using this for awhile now & it hasn't caused a single pimple!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product is a reminder that I must resist impulse purchases and wait to read MUA reviews. This moisturizer (this is without SPF) is not good. In fact, it stinks.
- The aroma is overwhelming. (I love the scent of cucumbers, but this is too much.)
- It's not moisturizing: It makes my skin look shiny and feel dry. Insane.
- About half the time I applied it, it provoked a burning sensation that would subside only after 15 minutes. It sometimes made my eyes water.

I tried this moisturizer on and off over four months because I kept thinking something else was causing the burning sensation. I've now figured out that this "moisturizer" is the culprit.

It's inexpensive, but still a waste of money. Avoid it!

on 12/5/2016 1:58:00 AM

Hygienic packaging but broke me out so bad. I have dry skin. This also broke my sister out she has oily skin. Did not do a good job at moisturizing. My skin still felt dry and a bit stretchy/tight

on 10/17/2016 8:01:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I absolutely adore this sunscreen. My skin is prone to irritation and redness, and this definitely soothes my skin as I also rotate Vitamin C, Tazorac, and Benzyl Peroxide when acne flares up. I have not had any flakies since using this. So far..no burning, but will wait until Winter for the final verdict on that.

I would absolutely NOT use this in the summer. It immediately melts and drips into your eyes. That is unpleasant to say the least. I wouldn't wear this for exercising.

It is a thicker formulation which is pretty common for physical sunscreens. Instead of rubbing, I pat it in and get a much more even application It does not 'sink in' but it is a physical sunscreen so it will sit on top of your skin. For me, I apply after my AM regimen and then get breakfast to let everything sink in. It does have a bit of a dry finish, but I like that for under my makeup cause my face is an oil pit!

If you have a pretty intense skin care regimen with lots of exfoliating, then I highly recommend this.

on 8/5/2016 11:40:00 PM

Disappointed. This is the first time I have purchased this brand. I guess I should have read the reviews before purchasing.

I can see why some people like this - it does feel like it is moisturizing as I feel my skin and it doesn't feel dry.

I'm not sure how best to explain it, I guess it does not truly penetrate as when I triage my eyes rows and stretch my skin, it still feels tight.

Nothing special about this moisturizer, would not buyet again though maybe need to consider a different product as I still like their simple, natural, concept.

on 4/24/2016 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is for the version WITH SPF

I searched for a few months for this moisturizer because A) I've had ok luck with Yes To... products in the past, and B) I was running out of options for mineral (as opposed to chemical) sunscreen for my face.

I have very sensitive, acne prone, combination skin. It's difficult at the best of times to find something that works for my skin because I'll either break out, or have an allergic reaction, or both. With this lotion, it was both.

I've used this three times, I think, and it was the only new thing I put on my face. I had issues the first couple of times, but I ignored them, thinking it might be something else. The last time I used it, I couldn't ignore it because within about 15 minutes my face started tingling, then burning and itching. When I looked in a mirror, my face was blotchy and hives were popping up. I washed it off and found over a dozen new, tiny bumps all over my face. Most of them went away within 24 hours, but some stuck around longer.

This stuff, like pretty much all mineral sunscreens (in my experience), did not rub in easily. Trying to rub it in felt like I was going to start tearing skin before it would smooth out.

After applying it the first couple of times, I waited about 30 minutes before using my primer and starting my makeup. This stuff made my makeup look like total crap. It reminded me of my makeup in high school, before everyone knew about primers and moisturizing acne prone skin, etc. My makeup back then would look great on most of my face, but around breakouts it would have this weird, cakey, patchy thing going on. That's what my entire face looked like when I used this moisturizer. I can't blame it entirely, though, because I had a similar experience with CeraVe.

Pros:
Mineral sunscreen
Pump bottle is a nice touch, I guess
Not super expensive

Cons:
Fragrance (it is so strong, and probably what I reacted to)
Thick and difficult to blend in (ok, it was basically impossible for me)
Greasy
Not particularly moisturizing
Even after waiting quite a while and using a primer, makeup applies horribly over this
Made me break out in a hives/acne combo
Burned my skin

on 1/3/2016 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This product was HORRIBLE. It smelt so strong that I got headaches, it was hard to blend out, it made my skin sticky, it made my skin "sweat" and it gave my skin a white cast. I do not recommend this for any reason! Skip this one and save yourself the agony.

I got this product a few months ago as a special on living social for new members which included your choice of yes to carrots (moisturizer, eye serum, night cream, and facial wash) for $10 which was a great deal since each product in the yes to line was about $7 a piece. I have great skin and always use a regular soap bar and water to wash my face and I needed a full daily facial regimen and thought this would be great since someone I knew left a great review about the product so I thought why not just try the product at such a good deal!!

The great thing I love is that it has a pump instead of digging my fingers into the container (hygiene purposes).

The smell was suppose to be a cucumber smell which did not smell like cucumber at all and throughout the day I could still smell it. It wasn't a pleasant clean smell so to speak. It's not quick absorbent but it was a lot faster than the night cream. It also left a dewy look on my face which made it worse when I would apply foundation. For the price, it was worth the chance to try the product, but if I didn't have the deal to begin with, I wouldn't have bought the product.