Garnier Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream for Dry Skin

Garnier Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream for Dry Skin
Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream for Dry Skin

3.6

Water, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanote, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Caprylyl Glycol, Carbomer, Chlorphenesin, CI 14700/Red 4, Dimethiconol, Menthoxypropandediol, Nymphaea Alba Extract/Nymphaea Alba Flower Extract, Panthenol, Pyrus Malus Water(apple fruit water), Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Palmitoyl Proline, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Boo! I am very choosey when it comes to skin products (especially creams/moisturizers.) I tried this one morning after washing and it did not absorb into my skin, spread evenly, or maintaine consistency on my skin. It was somewhat running down my face. I wiped it off and continued with my usual products and will never look back to garnier products. They never worked well for me in the past either.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this moisturizer! It is very lightweight yet still moisturizing. I like how when I put this on it absorbs into my skin very quickly and then I'm able to start my makeup application. It leaves my skin feeling very smooth and doesn't break me out, which is a miracle because a lot of things break out my sensitive skin. I have been using this for about 3 months and it's been working very well. It has a faint smell, but it isn't too bad and it dissipates very quickly. This is definitely my HG moisturizer, whenever I leave it I always come back to it.

It dry my skin out, I have normal to dry skin type, it doesn't moisturize at all, I don't like it, it's waste of money! I don't recommend this at all.

on 12/4/2015 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I'm a fan. I have oily skin so I don't use this daily; I use it after exfoliating. (chemical or physical) It sinks in immediately, not at all greasy. It feels very refreshing and my skin is smooth and soft. I really like the scent, but it is strong, so I can see that it could bother some people. I don't know that this would work well on someone with very dry skin, but for my purposes, it's perfect. I've already repurchased it.

on 4/22/2015 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

ONLY THIS. I have only used this moisturizer, after I discovered it, for 3 years. And I have no complaints, at all. It is super gentle, and cooling, which is a great appeal for me, having sensitive skin prone to redness. Sometimes I even get, what I call, ghost pimples (red itchy spots that come suddenly on the face, then subside again, almost like a mosquito bite). But when I dab a little of this moisturizer on, they quickly fade. It doesn't leave a tacky feeling on my skin after use. And it certainly doesn't have that lotion like feel that Ive found with many moisturizers. This Gel has suited me best, is cooling, and refreshing to the skin. Id recommend this moisturizer, or its counterpart, to anyone!

on 12/31/2015 2:30:00 AM

I have naturally dry skin. I used basic lotions with no outcome. Flakiness was my main problem and I was looking all over for a good face cream and when I came across this I just thought I'd try it. It feels refreshing to put on and a few dots on the face is all you need. I've had my jar for about a month and a half and I've barely used half the jar. Its spreads generously and takes about 10 seconds to really soak in. Within 2 or 3 days I found that my skin was no longer dry and if I forgot a day of putting it on my skin was still fine and hydrated. Good product

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I bought this after trying the version for oily/normal skin (which I love) because my skin needs more moisture in the winter. It did moisturize my skin well but it caused some minor breakouts.
I switched back to the green one.

on 3/15/2015 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I picked this up because of a coupon a few days ago and am still formulating an opinion on it. My first impression is that it's a very cooling gel that dries very quickly but still moisturizes. I will say it doesn't smell good and doesn't smell bad....odd smell. It's a good product for the price of 9 dollars but I wish I would have sprung for my tried and true Clinique lotion. It gets the job done though!

on 1/7/2015 2:58:00 AM

This cost a little under seven dollars at Walmart. It comes in a little glass tub, which is the perfect vessel for the product type. It is a thin gel that absorbs within seconds. I bought it after hearing how well the other formula works, and I have to say, I'm impressed. I get really dry, flakey skin from my acne face wash. It gets worse in the winter months, and my nostrils take the brunt of it. This gel is absolutely amazing. It gets all of my dry patches all hydrated and normal looking. It isn't greasy, and the smell is pleasant, yet light. My skin is a bit picky, but I haven't noticed any poor reaction since starting to use the gel. Another nice, unexpected benefit is that the gel is cool at application, which diminishes puffiness in my face. Definitely worth a trip to the store!

This is an ok moisturizer for me. It moisturizes but I don't really feel like it's improving my skin at all. It works just for when you first put it on.

Popular Moisturizers