LightStim LED Light Therapy- LightStim for Wrinkles

3.5

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

The jury is still out on my thoughts about the LightStim for wrinkles. Supposedly if you hold an infrared light to your face for about 3 minutes a day every day amazing things can happen, from eliminating acne and brown spots to erasing wrinkles. As I was browsing an email from Hautelook.com a flash sale for the LightStim for Wrinkles popped up for a fraction of the retail price, so I ordered it immediately. This could be just what I'm looking for to plump up the fine lines that have formed around the corners of my mouth which happens to be one of the gifts of aging gracefully. I used this religiously 3 minutes per area for 7 days in a row hoping for a miracle. Lets just say not much happened after a week. Turns out you need at least 6-8 weeks to see results. Watch my latest youtube video to see how the LightStim works and for updates. Not giving up on it yet, but right now I'm feeling a little skeptical.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Be warned this is long but the honest truth. Since they did not have a place that I could find, I am posting this here. I bought the lightstim acne wand from lightstim.com a month ago. It was $169. I have suffered from acne since I can remember. Been to dermatologists and nothing helped. I came across blue light therapy and thought why not, nothing else has worked. When I received it, 2 bulbs were already broke. I emailed then immediately waited 48 hours. .. no respose. I emailed customer service again...still no response. 5 times I emailed customer service and have still not heard back. I have never came across a company that didn't even take the time to respond back to a customer especially when something expensive is already broke. It says results can take up to two months, a month in using it twice a day for about 30 min each side and still no result. Nothing has changed, acne is the same. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY WITH THIS COMPANY. Sad thing is, I did my research and lightstim did get good reviews.I don't know how that is possible. Please save your hard earned money and don't buy from them.

To Read all 6 Reviews, Login or Join

UPDATE: almost 6 weeks in and very good results: much clearer, smoother, plumped-up skin with a mild to moderate effect on my jawline acne. My jawline, although hard to apply it to, is now somewhat less wobbly-looking which my hypercritical daughter actually noticed (I am overweight so have a double chin). It's a keeper ....... I have just bought the latest model, which has a 3-minute timer, via QVC for approx. 200 quid. I am not yet suffering from noticeable fine lines, other than a few under my eyes, slightly pronounced marionette lines, no wrinkles but it seemed from the QVC presentation that this model is appropriate for me. I've recently noticed overall loss of firmness with pronounced eye hollows (tear troughs) giving the appearance of extremely dark undereyes not just my hereditary dark circles), slightly sagging eyelids, two lines trying to form on my forehead and lack of definition in my jawline. My skin is moderately acne-prone along my jawline and lacking clarity so I've been using BHA products and essential oils just on the zits (tea tree, lavender etc) and for clarity Decleor Aromessence oils, rosehip oil and argan oil. These have all helped but can't perform miracles! The Lightstim is supposed to help produce collagen and so increase firmness (and anecdotally it has been found to help increase clarity). I am not expecting it to help with the acne - there is a Lightstim especially for this. It is a hardcore commitment as you have to place the handset on each area of your face for 3 minutes at a time and to get to all my facial areas with a slight overlap means covering 12/13 zones. The head is quite large which helps timewise but means that awkward-to-reach areas will be overlooked, e.g. tear troughs, jawline. You cannot take it over your eyes for safety reasons, but you can do your lips and I also do my decollete and just under my chin. Having bought it just last week I want to give my initial observations. 1) Providing you apply only light pressure, it is not unbearably hot; 2) You do not need goggles as you are not going over the eyes and only as high as the edge of the orbital bone; 3) It is recommended that you apply a peptide serum to your cleansed face before each session (a 10ml sample is provided) but this is not essential and I choose not to as I might have a reaction to it. I apply my own serum - argan oil and Vitamin E gel; 4) You have to use it five days a week over 8 weeks for visible results; 5) You continue with 'maintenance' sessions thereafter. It cannot help with my tear troughs or eye hooding but a slightly clearer complexion along with somewhat firmer skin would make the time commitment and investment worthwhile.

If I could buy a full-sized tanning style bed equipped with these LED lights, I would.
A friend of mine initially guffawed at my seemingly flamboyant purchase of this device. After seeing me next several weeks later and hearing my announcement that I was wearing no makeup, her jaw literally dropped.
I love every minute of this. You can do the research on the science behind the theory of why it works, and I can assure you it's solid. I have been using this for just a few weeks now and the fine lines around my mouth have disappeared. In addition, my skin's texture has exponentially improved, to the point I can wear no foundation and look flawless.
This device has boosted the collagen in my face to the point I have the skin I had in my pristine early 20's.
According to the instructions, "Cleanse and dry your skin, and put on the included goggles if you wish. Place the light so that it gently touches your skin and hold it in that location for three minutes. Then, move it to the next targeted location and hold it there for three more minutes. Continue this until you have addressed all desired areas."
I have taken the liberty of using this all over my face (utilizing the protective eyewear of course), and for longer than the 3 minutes recommended. I can't recommend using it against the label but I do. My whole face looks grand.
Best beauty tool investment I've made, right up there with the efficacy of Botox. This works!

Bought this when it was the QVC "Today's Special Value." $165 isn't cheap, but it's peanuts compared to botox and fillers, much less surgery.

QVC gave a 90 day return on the LightStim, so I decided to do an experiment: use it on only one side of my face for 80 days to see if I thought it was worth keeping. Two weeks in, there is a noticable difference between the sides -- the treated side is firmer, everything a little more taut and higher. Most exciting, the bag under the eye on the treated side is about gone.

It's tempting to start doing my whole face, but I'm going to continue for the 80 days. Then I'll post a photo of my lopsided face, and immediately set about evening it out. Still, I'm convinced already it was worth the money and will be worth the time.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product is HOT on all the forums, and now they are selling this on TV as an infomercial. I'm suprised there are no reviews for this on MUA.

I first saw this on QVC but didn't purchase, I just did it through the Lighstim website a few months ago where you get a peptide serum and a timer with it.

The Results: I'm happy to report my skin is CLEAR which is so weird because I didn't get the one for Acne, I just got the one for wrinkles, they are different lights all together, the acne is the blue light, and the wrinkles are the amber.

Anyways, no real results on wrinkles, I have been using it for 3 months and I can't say that there are any improvements. I really bought this for my eyes, as I have some fine lines underneath them and I just wanted to get rid of them. I did treat my whole face just for an added benefit. Which takes FOREVER. Its 3 minutes per area of the face, so if you do the forehead, the corners of your eyes, under eyes, nasal labial folds, and sides of cheek, you get 9 areas x 3 minutes 27 minutes. Sure thats not a lot of time and you could watch TV or whatever but adding this to my beauty routine at night left me kinda exhausted. It also doesn't have a timer, so I use my phone and just time 3 minutes per area, the timer they gave me as a gift is garbage so it doesn't work, would be nice if they had a built it timer like the Nuface where it beeps to tell you to move on to the next area.

This does also dry out my skin as well, I took a week long break and found that my dryness is gone on my cheeks, hmmm coincidence? Overall I will continute to use this for my clear skin ha ha, maybe someday it will work for major wrinkles when I get them. I have read hundreds of reviews online and a lot of people like this gadget.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools