Jamberry Nails- Nail Shields

Jamberry Nails- Nail Shields

2.8

on 5/28/2016 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

I have mixed feelings about these. I usually wear gels that I do myself, and by layering and mixing my colors I can do pretty much any color I want. What I am not good at is nail art, and these can fill that bill. A pattern for a holiday or special occasion is what I use these for, but for no more than a day or two.. They just don't last. Mine start to peel fairly quickly.
They are pretty easy to apply, you definitely need to warm them up with a blow dryer. I don't see how anyone gets more than 2 manicures out of a set. My nails are apparently all similar in size so I used up a lot of the same strips just on one manicure.
They do look really good once they are on, though. And I did both hands in under an hour. My gels can take me twice that long. But then I don't have to think about my nails for a couple weeks. The wraps I am able to just peel off, so removal is much faster also.
Overall I think they are a fun product, but they won't replace my gels. But if I want a fun pattern for one night, I will use these.

No, no, no. Just like ill fitting contact for nails. It feels like that, too. Germ magnet. Patterns are less likely to show the air bubbles and jagged, lifted edges. Avoid plain colours or french tips if you are willing to pay for $22 AU a sheet of stickers.

To Read all 42 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/18/2016 7:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought these because my cousin was selling them and I wanted to help her out. I'll be honest here- I hate them. They are OK for toes, and I'll probably use the remainder I have for pedicures. But applying them to nails is a massive headache. The real beef I have with them is that the sheets don't contain size matches for all of my nails. My hands are essentially medium sized- the small wrap sizes were too small, and the big ones were too big and overlapped. The matte wraps I applied were too stiff and wrinkled, and would not stay flat on my nails no matter how dilligently I pressed down. I definitely won't be wasting my time or money on these again.

on 4/4/2016 4:36:00 PM

A full application takes less than 15 minutes, but you need to get used to it first! Like anything, it takes practice. A few tips and tricks makes is easy enough for a child to do, but the key is nail prep. Bottom line: better than polish, no drying time, no chipping. Win.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

With this company and product exploding all over facebook, pinterest and instagram, I decided to buy a sheet to use from a gal that was selling them at an event.
They cost $15 for a sheet. She explained how 1 sheet can do 3-4 manis and pedis. I have no idea how that is even possible but you're supposed to use eyebrow scissors and make it work. Um, okay. Too complicated for me.
I took them home and followed the directions. I cleaned, wiped my nails, trimmed, filed them down, etc. That took...about 10 minutes. Then I cut each piece to size. That took another 20 minutes for all 20 tips. Um, what?
Then the process of heating each one up using a tweezer, then applying with them not touching the cuticle, smoothing them down, re heating, trimming. Then finally filing the tips downwards....took another hour.
Total time it took me to apply: 2 hours and then some.

My toes did look pretty cute though. However, I'm a very active girl, I work out and wear shoes, feet get sweaty. I swim in a pool and the ocean. We'll see.
Surprisingly they lasted almost a month. But why the 1 lippy you ask? Okay we'll get to that.

Fingernails: Lasted 2 days. Until out of sheer psychoness I ended up ripping them off due to frustration. The sides buckled. The edges buckled. A weird clear layer lifted up.
And..I could feel them on my fingernails. Like a weird, suffocating feeling that drove me crazy.

Here's what the consultant told me after I contacted her about all this:
1. You need to try the "cold method"
2. You need to heat up your tweezers and use that to press down the buckling.
3. Try a rice bag to press over them

Okay lady, how much time do you think I have to do this? To entertain her, I did those recommendations. Nothing worked. Still buckled, still peeled.

And all the left over "pieces" from my 1 sheet? I have to shape them by cutting them and use them?

So 1 lippy even though they lasted on my toes? By the time I went to remove them, I did her method. Rub oil then remove with floss. Okay I did that. My nails were shredded. So damaged that I had to keep them au naturel for 2 weeks. They were thin, flaking, bent. Angry, angry, damaged nails.

So here's what the consultant will say when you complain: "Oh really? I love them, mine didn't do that?? I've never heard of that!! You're the first"

Yeah F-ING right. You can get nail wraps at the drugstore for $7 if you really want to waste your time and money doing this.

on 2/17/2016 1:08:00 PM

I went to my first Jamberry party in Nov 2015. Been hooked ever since. You need to take your time. I have successfully applied them to my own nails along with my sister in law, mother and my 5-year olds. I change mine and my daughters just about every week only because we want to change the pattern. We get tons of compliments and they keep my daughter from biting and picking at her nails. We couldn't be happier with this product!

on 2/17/2016 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love my jams. I think a lot of the problems people are having is they are being applied wrong. You need to make sure your hands are cleaned off of any oil, cuticle are pushed back, and you aren't using a wrap that is to big for your nail. If it's touching the skin it's going to peel some and won't feel smooth. My jams stay on for at least 10 days. I also use the tru shine gel on top of my wraps. As for the price its so much cheaper than a manicure every couple of weeks.

on 1/31/2016 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Soooooo disappointed with these. They didn't even last a day. They look amazing, were easy to apply but just didn't go the distance. I bought the heater and that was a crap waste of money. Also bought the starter kit but don't bother. If they lasted like they're supposed to they would have been good value for money. Such a shame!

I am completely hooked on these after trying some samples at a friend's party and purchasing my first set. I am really rough on my nails and even the highest quality polish peels/chips after a couple of days. Once I got the hang of applying the nail wraps, I get perfect looking nails that stay that way until I remove them two weeks later. I only remove them when the growth by the cuticle starts being too noticeable or if I get bored of the design. They have fared well on my toddler's toes but don't stay well on her fingers.

on 11/15/2015 3:21:00 PM

Worst product i ever used peeled the same day will never use again . Waste of time and money.