MAC Cosmetics Extended Play - Endlessly Black

Filtered by age: 36-43
MAC Cosmetics Extended Play - Endlessly Black

4.1

Water / Aqua / Eau, Acrylates / Ethylhexyl Acrylate Copolymer, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax / Cera Carnauba / Cire De Carnauba, Glyceryl Stearate, Polyisobutene, Synthetic Beeswax, Stearic Acid, Kaolin, Talc, Acrylates Copolymer, Tromethamine, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pantethine, Panthenol, Lauroyl Lysine, Cholesterol, Phytantriol, Laureth-20, Laureth-21, Laureth-4, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Steareth-2, Steareth-21, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Polyester-5, PVP, PVP / Hexadecene Copolymer, 1,2-Hexanediol, Simethicone, Ptfe, Silica, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Linoleic Acid, Isostearic Acid, Phenethyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Disodium Edta, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Chloroxylenol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Aluminum Powder (CI 77000), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Black 2 (CI 77266), Blue 1 (CI 42090), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Bronze Powder (CI 77400), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Copper Powder (CI 77400), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140).

on 4/13/2018 5:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Me: short, sparse and poker straight lashes that don't hold a curl easily. I like length and separation, prefer very defined, feathery lashed to lots of volume, but the number one criteria for me is that a good mascara has to hold a curl well, and most just don't. I'll curl my lashes, apply mascara and then watch my lashes slowly drop.

This is nice, I really like how easy it is to get very well separated lashes with it, no mess, no clumping, I can build a little bit of length with it too, but it doesn't hold the curl for me. My lashes look nice with it, but they drop noticeably before the mascara has dried, even if I wipe off the wand and make sure I apply the thinnest possible first layer. It's just too wet. Might become better at that when the formula has dried out a little, but I don't really want to wait for that. I like it enough that I'll probably use it on days when I really just want to colour in my lashes, though.

on 10/2/2014 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I was desperate for a mascara that won't flake or smudge on me. I was at Mac purchasing other items and asked for a mascara that would last on my lashes and not give me dry brittle spidery lashes that I usually get from waterproof formulas. The MA gave me this one. It is a very wet formula and gives me length and definition. I like the small brush as it finds and coats every lash. No volume with this one unfortunately but since it does everything else that I need I am very happy with my purchase. Plus it doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes. Removal is easy with the Mac cleansing oil.

on 8/7/2013 10:39:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I went through hundreds of mascaras over the last couple of years, none of the lasting 30 mins and most of them ending up a mess under my eye! so guess what! I had enough, and I stopped wearing mascara, full stop! then one day last week I strolled into Mac looking for a lip pencil and happened to mention to the salesgirl I had given up on Mascara, she then told me about " Extended Play" I let her apply it on, and Wow! I had what looked like a full set of falsies, i didn't purchase it there, I said I would see how it lasted throughout the day! to cut a long story short, It didn't budge all day, my eyelashes looked like they grew a foot, and the next morning the mascara was till sitting perfectly in place, with not one black smudge anywhere to be seen! needless to say I couldn't run back fast enough to Mac to purchase the best mascara ever!

on 5/11/2013 9:31:00 AM

I am also very surprised by all of the positive reviews on this mascara. For the high price I paid I expected a lot more from this product. I found this to be a very clumpy mascara that (very noticeably) flaked off throughout the day. Also when applying, I found that my eyelashes would stick together and I found it very difficult to separate them. I did enjoy the shorter wand though as it was easy to apply to the lower lashes. Unless you have a special eye makeup remover, it seemed to be very difficult to wash off. Maybe I received a bad tube? In any case, I will not be repurchasing and I will stick to my tried and true Clinique.

Finally after all these years I have found my HG MAC mascara. It gives my mega length, beautiful separation, volume, hold the curl, doesn't smudge/budge/smear/flake, and washes of easily at the end of the day. I'm already on my third tube and will continue to repurchase for as long as MAC has it available.

on 7/14/2012 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is my favorite MAC mascara so far. They've been improving their formulas for new mascara and I was using and loving Opulash before this and I like the brush on this better because it's smaller and more precise. It never smudges or flakes but it takes a few seconds to dry (no biggie) but what I love the most is that it never clumps my lashes together. This mascara is great for long, separate lashes. Two coats looks very dramatic but not OTT. It is more difficult to wash off, so I use MU remover before cleansing oil.
EDIT: still my favorite - nothing can compare...lengthens, separates, volume, holds curl, doesn't flake or smudge. IT HAS IT ALL!

on 7/6/2012 3:27:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I've been on the hunt for a mascara that doesn't flake or clump. I stopped at the MAC counter not long ago and one of the girls mentioned this is her favorite mascaras (she secretly told me she hates MAC mascaras except for this one). I bought it and really like it. It doesn't give vavoom thick lashes or lot's of length. However with two applications it gives me a little more than a natural look with some length and little bit of thickness. It doesn't clump or flake even in hot weather. When removing it does flake under the eyes but that is easy to wipe away.

I'm very happy with this mascara and would repurchase. It costs around $18.00 Canadian before taxes. I'm not into spending $30.00 on a mascara so this price is reasonable for me.

on 6/6/2012 9:15:00 AM

WOW! I've been looking for that one mascara....and I think this one could be my HG! I've tried many different types and brands of mascara and have always experienced either smudging, flaking, not dark enough, goopy application, hard to get off, etc. This mascara has a small enough applicator that I can get to the tiny lashes on the top inner corner of the eye with very little effort (the bigger applicator brushes tend to connect with my eyelid adding black dots to my eyeshadow), the application on my bottom lashes is fantastic and best of all, NO SMUDGING OR FLAKING UNDER THE EYE!! Bye bye racoon eyes! I have also noticed I do not need to comb the mascara through my lashes with the eyelash comb as much as I've had to with previous mascaras. IMO, this mascara does what it says it will do (at least so far!) I still curl my lashes before application (not sure if out of need or just habit) and probably will continue to do so regardless. With other mascara's, the next morning after getting out of the shower, I still had a little residue under the eye from the mascara, but with this one I don't. There are just too many pros for me on this mascara and this is also my first posted review of any product. The only drawback is I wish they gave you more product, although, since I only need one application (another plus....I don't have to put more than one coat on), maybe it will last just as long as my other mascaras. Time will tell.

on 6/3/2012 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I usually am not a fan of Mac mascara. The only one I like is false lash by Mac.....like, not love. This one seems to be the hg for me. I have oily lids and long lashes that usually make for a black line on my lids about half way through the day. This does not transfer at all on me and I love the wand! Nordstrom had buy 2 get one free last weekend so I stocked up and now have three!!!! Happy happy mascara:-)