4.5

Shop Now

Reviews

2.0

18 days ago

i deleted my review from a few years ago so i could write a new one that would show up more recently - DONT BUY THIS BRUSH. the brush RT is making now is not like what you see in the photo here, which was a great brush! i went through at least three of them over the course of a couple of years because i loved them SO much. but the new one RT has put out is awful. very soft when you first use it but it becomes unbearably scratchy almost immediately. i have two that i received as christmas gifts this past year and i keep them around as "last-resort" face brushes - they are literally painful to use. i should probably throw them away but as they were gifts i feel too guilty to just get rid of them. oh, and i know my brush cleaner has a tendency to stiffen my makeup brush bristles when i don't wash it out completely, but it seems no matter how much time i spend scrubbing these and rinsing the soap out, they're still just as uncomfortable as the last time i used them, so i think the quality of the bristles themselves must just be awful. i'm so sad i don't like these more, the EFB used to be a HG foundation brush for me. after a couple years of using it i switched to the elf selfie ready powder brush as it is essentially the same thing, just bigger, but the production for them is incredibly inconsistent and unreliable - some brushes are super fluffy, some are super flat at the top, others are really thin etc. so i wanted to pick up a couple new RT brushes to see if i still liked them after all this time. but i'm super disappointed. once these become unbearable for me to use i'm just going to pick up more elf brushes - they are FAR softer and way more comfortable to use on my skin, and i have been using the same individual brushes for years now! not to mention, they're a few dollars cheaper than these. save your money and buy those instead!

About reviewer (101 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Relaxed, Fine

EyesGray

3 months ago

Great product for those with less experience/tact. Applied makeup quickly, great for those with blemishes as it makes building effortless.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

5 months ago

The dense synthetic bristles on this brush make it an excellent choice for buffing in cream and liquid products. I normally start by pressing the product in and the buffing it and diffusing it. This brush washes extremely well. Its bristles do not excessively soak up product and it holds its shape nicely after washing. I use this brush several times a week to do my base. I'd definitely recommend this brush if you are looking for a good quality foundation brush at an affordable price and that will last you a long time.

About reviewer (43 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Fair

HairBlond

EyesGray

8 months ago

Constantly repurchasing makeup sponges was irritating to me, even the cheaper versions plus they were cumbersome to travel with. I've been going back and reaching for this brush more and more lately and I've fallen back in love with it. It's dense enough to quickly apply my foundation and it doesn't absorb a lot of product. I find I can use this 3-5 times to apply my foundation before it needs washing in comparison to my Fenty foundation brush which looks super gunky after one use and needs to be washed immediately. I have the older orange style which isn't the prettiest and the square bottom is bulky but it works amazing and it has never shed on me. I would not hesitate to repurchase.

About reviewer (86 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

9 months ago

I've never reviewed a brush because I can't say that any brush ever stood out to me. I owned this brush for a long time before I discovered that it was a game changer for foundation. I have bought so many highly rated foundations and been so disappointed. Then I tried this with a foundation that I thought was a fail and I was ready to return. Well, WOW- totally different experience. The foundation looked beautiful. I have since tried it with a lot of my other fails and WOW- what a difference. It is dense and I think that is what makes it different. I plan on buying another one. Great brush!

About reviewer (48 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

9 months ago

I have always used a blending sponge to apply foundation but after I bought a set of RT face brushes with this in it I thought I should give it a try otherwise I would never have a need for such a brush. This brush applies liquid foundation BEAUTIFULLY. I am genuinely surprised at the coverage and no streaks or brush stroke marks at all! It didn’t soak up any more product than my sponge would either! I never had luck using a brush for foundation before. Maybe it was just that I needed to use THIS brush. I’ve also discovered that this brush will apply and blend cream blush seamlessly by buffing it into the skin and without removing makeup in the process. Cleans easily and is durable too.

About reviewer (968 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

EyesBlue

10 months ago

Good brushes especially for students and those who starts their journey in makeup. They work fine, they are soft, they don't shed (very important,when you apply your makeup and end up picking hairs from your face) and good cleaning behavior. Only negative is the black rubber at the end of the handle, it become sticky and gross within months of use. I use Mod Podge matte to coat it. It work also with NARS packaging.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

from

a year ago

I've had this brush for 5 years and I love it!!! It blends foundation quickly and smoothly. It's easy to clean and the hairs don't shed. Highly recommended!!

About reviewer (63 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

I bought this brush 4 years ago & I’ve only just thrown it out. Good at blending liquid foundation & powder contour. It’s hard to wash in my opinion cause the hairs started to shred after a few times of being washed but overall I would buy again as it’s cheaper than other brushes & lasts a long time so definitely get your money’s worth

About reviewer (88 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

2 years ago

I was looking for a brush that would considerably speed up my liquid foundation application. Normally I'd apply it with fingers and it took forever to blend. This brush buffs the foundation into the skin, blends it really seamlessly with no steaks and keeps the coverage full. Overall my foundation application is almost two times as fast now and makeup looks way better and more blended. The only thing I could ask for it to be a little larger, however, it then might not be as versatile and won't be able to blend as nicely around nose and eyes.

About reviewer (49 reviews)

Age30-35