Real Techniques Expert Face Brush

Real Techniques Expert Face Brush
Expert Face BrushExpert Face BrushExpert Face Brush

4.5

Updated review: Decided not to return because I had an idea... went against popular opinion and used this brush dry, which gave me much better results. I also decided to try stippling, whereas the “experts” seemed to suggest buffing with this brush.

I recommend the company give some guidance on the package, instead of referring consumers to a website for videos. For instance, “Use this clean, dry brush in a stippling motion for best results” would be easy to add on the package. Similarly, if one of their brushes is recommended to be moistened for best results, just add that text on the package! Don’t make me work to learn about how to use your products, especially when the advice was not ultimately not useful for me. Seriously annoying.

Thankfully, this is now not as streaky as when I moisten the brush. Still, I think my fingers are better to apply my liquid foundation, as this brush seems to apply, but simultaneously brush away foundation from my face. This brush is good in case I feel like using a tool and am in a light-coverage mood.

Old review: Might as well use toilet paper to apply my liquid foundation.
Not sure why this gets such high reviews:
It delivers streaky results, along with an uncomfortable plasticy squeak while applying, even after moistening it to supposedly get “better” results.
My fingers seem to be the best tool for liquid foundation. (Sponges aren’t bad, but they wear out too quickly and require maintenance.) Bare Escentuals brushes seem to be best for powder foundations.
Returning this today.

on 3/28/2018 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Superb makeup brush! Everyone needs this for flawless foundation!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is a great tool to have this brush is not a flat top bush its more pinched in,nicely packed more on the dense side but not too dense which makes it great also for multi purposes, great to apply foundation, cream contour,even blush with a light hand brush care...easy to clean and i haven't experienced any shedding .

on 1/19/2018 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This brush is very versatile. I use it for powders, creams, lotions etc.
The bristles are soft & washes well, BUT after 4 years of ownership, the black part of the stem became all sticky & funky on me. It attracted dust & dirt. I threw it out after that.
Overall it's a good brush, lasted a good 4 years for me, worked well when I used it and the price is pretty reasonable.

on 1/13/2018 6:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is very soft, it has nice packaging for the price, bliends product well and gives you a good coverage. It's not harsh on the skin. The only thing I don't like is that it takes more time to dry than other brushes, but I guess it's because it is a lot more dense.

This face brush is very nice. I use it daily to apply my foundation. I own 2 of them. Would recommend it, good price for a good product

on 12/10/2017 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Blends my foundation perfectly. Its easy to clean and dries quickly. Its soft and dense and I can reach everywhere on my face with it sans eye area.

Can't complain. Great price, performance and durability. If the handle falls off, glue it back. Its a small price to pay for such a great brush at a great price.

I would repurchase.

on 11/16/2017 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like this brush a lot. It is dense and great for blending foundation, cream contour, bronzer and even blush if you're in a pinch. It buffs your foundation and cream products in to perfection! If you need a good face brush and don't have the money to purchase many brushes this one will be a great investment. I've had it for a few years now and it's still in great condition and hasn't shedded.

on 11/4/2017 2:37:00 PM

I love this brush for finishing and blending on my face. Makes my face look flawless. I have a separate brush for applying my foundation. I use this to finish up concealer and foundation

on 10/27/2017 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This brush is great for applying liquid foundation, I'm not sure how it would work with a thicker foundation. It packs the product onto the skin and provides a natural finish and good coverage. Doesn't leave brush strokes. It's very dense so washing it requires a bit more time. Could also use it for powder foundation when you want a bit more coverage.

Popular Makeup Brushes