Davines Oi Oil - Absolute Beautifying Potion

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Davines Oi Oil - Absolute Beautifying Potion
Oi Oil - Absolute Beautifying Potion

3.8

Cyclopentasiloxane, Disiloxane, Dimethiconol, Cyclohexasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Methoxcinnamate/Octinoxate, Partum/Fragrance, Bixa Orellana Seed Oil, Citronellol, Geraniol, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Limonene, Tocopherol

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have fine hair that's been bleached and my ends are kind of frizzy and tired and unfortunately this product doesn't really do anything that a cheaper oil wouldn't do. I usually love Davines hair products but I actually wouldn't recommend this. I also don't like the smell, I find that it kind of smells like gasoline or something....?

on 12/19/2014 11:15:00 PM

I do not think that this can compare to the Beauty Protector Protect and Oil for fine haired ladies. I found this product did not control my hair or frizz and that the smell was a little weird. I used it on my hair and on my sister's, which is much thicker and wavier and on hers it seemed to work well. It made her hair soft and manageable and kept frizz to a minimum. I guess it works better with certain hair textures. I would not repurchase this product personally, but it may work best for those with thicker hair.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I love this product so much! I have long, straight hair that tends to get greasy and oily very quickly. For the longest time, I thought I could never apply anything to my hair to help with flyaways and frizz because it would just weigh my already heavy hair down. This oil is incredibly lightweight and doesn't add any weight to my hair whatsoever. I also think it smells absolutely AMAZING. I am addicted to the smell, I wish my body wash smelled like this.

What's great about this oil is that it not only tames your hair but it's good for it too! You can use it as a treatment by applying it when your hair is damp. Or you can use it when it's dry as an anti-frizz. I love this stuff!

on 5/14/2013 12:07:00 PM

I love this stuff. LOVE it. I'm very low-maintenance, and I hadn't actually owned a blowdryer for 15 years until recently. When I decided to get serious about having better hair, my stylist gave me a sample of this stuff. WOW. I have a lot of straight hair, and the oil not only detangles my hair but makes it noticeably quicker to dry. It only takes me three or four minutes. What I totally didn't expect was the way it soothes my scalp. I have very sensitive skin (most likely dermatitis), which gets itchy and irritated almost immediately after I wash it. Because of this, I could only go about two days between washes, or it would get unbelievably uncomfortable and oily. This happened with or without blowdrying. When I use the oil before I blowdry, though, I can go five or six days between washes, which helps me avoid overdrying my skin. (And, again, helps me stay low-maintenance :P) My hair is now growing out much more nicely than it ever has before. It's healthy and it looks good, and I feel good.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am a hair product junkie and have tried everything to help my fine hair grow long. I've always had a problem with damaged ends, but then my stylist introduced me to this wonder oil. I was skeptic at first, since I don't want anything that weighs my hair down or make it greasy (I'm prone to oily roots). I was afraid it would be heavy and sticky like all those argan-based oil products. But my stylist insisted, and I thank him for that. I use just a tiny pump of this before blow drying (every other day) and the result is smooth, silky, shiny hair that doesn't tangle or break! I also use two pumps in my dry hair at night as a treatment.
Make sure to rub it in really well between your palms or it will make hair a little flat. Now, my ends stay healthier for way longer, and both me and my dear stylist are thrilled. I truly believe this product is the only thing that has actually helped with the breakage, and I will use this forever. It is a bit pricey, but seriously lasts forever.
Go get it, this would be wonderful for all hair types.
EDIT 12/21/2012: I have to put this down to 4 lippies, as I'm enjoying Bumble and bumble's hair oil so much more. The Bb. oil is lighter, contains more natural oils and feels more nourishing. Still, this is a good product for fine hair.