73%
package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

Not a bad product, but not nearly moisturizing enough for my mature skin. Would work well for younger women with oilier complexions. It lacks SPF which is critical at my age, so I won't be purchasing again.

About reviewer (429 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

3.0

2 years ago

This product made me SO oily within minutes of application (I even checked that I hadn't mistakenly picked up the non oil-free version by mistake). Also, it contains retinol so if you are lazy like me and apply face moisturizer all over, be careful and avoid the eye area. There is no way I could use this during the day, it makes me way too oily (and I don't personally like using retinol products during the day). I didn't use it long enough to see if it could be a nighttime product. Into the garbage it goes -- at least it didn't cost more than $6. Update: I'm glad I didn't toss this. My tween (with dry/eczema prone skin that is just starting to get a few blackheads) is using this now and really likes it. So, based on her opinion, I am bumping this up to 3*.

About reviewer (65 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

2 years ago

I literally created an account on MUA just to write this review. I have extremely acne prone skin that can get very dry if I use acne products and very oily if I use facial moisturizers, even expensive oil free ones! This lotion is actually life changing. The texture is thin and silky and soaks into skin right away. It's genuinely fragrance free and doesn't bug my sensitive skin. I use this moisturizer twice a day after washing my face with a peroxide wash (which really dries your skin!) and it is fantastic at keeping my skin soft and glowy without adding extra oil. This is the first time in my life I've found a face moisturizer that allows me to freely use acne washes without worrying about over-drying or additional breakouts caused by excess oil, and my skin is the clearest it's ever been. Also it's like $6 and it lasts for months. Buy it and thank me later, seriously.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesHazel

2 years ago

Good stuff! My skin is aging but still very acne-prone, especially now due to perimenopause. (Grr....) Particularly in winter months, I have to add some moisture back into my skin but it's a delicate undertaking! I breakout easily and have major oil slicks on my face by late afternoon. Like many others, I'm pretty wary about moisturizers and come here to MUA to check reviews before buying willy-nilly. The product itself is a fragrance-free, light, white-colored lotion that sinks in fast and doesn't make me super-oily. I tend to only use this at night in the colder months or after I do a peel, just because I am a Nervous Nellie. I have never had a breakout from this, though. I use all over my face and neck, and it doesn't irritate my eyes if I happen to get it close to them. Very affordable! Also, I like the packaging - the top locks to protect all of the good ingredients and making it easier to travel with. I would buy this again.

About reviewer (312 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

I wanted a good moisturizer to apply before putting on makeup, and one that didn't break the bank and one that had no fragrance. This fits the bill on both accounts. I'm surprised how much I do really like this moisturizer. I was on the fence between this and the one with oil (since my skin gets dry in the winter), but this is a good choice. It's light, has no scent, it applies well, and it soaks in without leaving my skin feeling parched or coated. It plays well with makeup, too. I can't attest to whether the ingredients and formulation will do wonders for my skin, but it's a really nice product for an excellent price. I like this a lot better than some pricier (and pricey) moisturizers I've tried in the past. I mean, for something like $5.99 for six ounces, that's a steal. It's got a long list of ingredients, so how powerful they are might be in question. It's got green tea and coffee bean extracts, lots of vitamins (A, B5, C, D, and E), plus it has retinol and glycerin, and it's supposed to be free of parabens and won't block pores. It definitely sounds good. The only thing that would make this better is if they had an option with the same feel which also had physical sunblockers, but it is light enough that one could apply sunscreen over it.

About reviewer (363 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

from

2 years ago

Another good basic staple from TJs. It isn’t fancy, but it does the job and is only $10 for a large container. I don’t love the packaging as the moisturizer can solidify in the pump and clog it, adding waste, but since it is so cheap, it isn’t a huge deal.

About reviewer (33 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

3 years ago

I need to review this because it's an awesome product. I have extremely acne prone skin that doesn't agree with any mosturizer I use, except for this one. I use it day and night. It is oil-free so I wouldn't reccomend it for super dry skin. At night I put vasaline over it and its super hydrating that way.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOther, Olive

HairOther

EyesOther

3 years ago

This is a nice lightweight moisturizer. A great, affordable option!

About reviewer (52 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Curly, Medium

EyesBlack

3 years ago

Another one of my Trader Joe's favorites! I'm currently using the Trader Joe's All-In-One Cleanser, the Antioxidant Facial Serum, the Enriched Intensive Antioxidant Facial Moisturizer and the Oil-Free Antioxidant Moisturizer. A whole skin care routine and the products only cost $5.99 to $9.99!!! Unbelievable when I think how much I use to spend and not get the results I'm getting with these 4 must-have products. My skin looks renewed, silky smooth and glowing. I can't wait to wash my face everyday and moisturize! I even keep a bottle of the cleanser in my shower to use all over my body! At $5.99, who can resist!

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Medium

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

2.0

3 years ago

I liked how it faded my hyperpigmentation and provided light moisture and coverage. However, I felt that it slightly burned the skin around my mouth. My skin isn't sensitive to many things, but this was one of those instances.

About reviewer (35 reviews)

Age19-24