Trader Joe's Nourish Oil-Free Antioxidant Facial Moisturizer

Trader Joe's Nourish Oil-Free Antioxidant Facial Moisturizer
Trader Joe's Nourish Oil-Free Moisturizer

Water, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Ethylhexyl (Octyl) Palmitate, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Polysorbate-60, Cetearyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Sodium PCA, Ethylhexyglycerin (Preservative), Shea Butter Fruit, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Xanthan Gum (Thickener), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Sorbic Acid (preservative), Soluble Collagen, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C Palmitate), Pomegranate Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Extract, Coffea Arobica (Coffee) Seed, Chamomile Flower/Leaf Extract, Green Tea Leaf Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sorbitan Stearate, Phytonadione (Vitamin K1), Menadione (Vitamin K3), Hydrolyzed Silk, DMAE (Dimethylaminoethanol), Copper PCA, Retinol (Vitamin A), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin D3), Polysorbate-20, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Phospholipids

on 9/19/2017 2:27:00 PM

I wanted a good moisturizer to apply before putting on makeup, and one that didn't break the bank and one that had no fragrance. This fits the bill on both accounts. I'm surprised how much I do really like this moisturizer. I was on the fence between this and the one with oil (since my skin gets dry in the winter), but this is a good choice. It's light, has no scent, it applies well, and it soaks in without leaving my skin feeling parched or coated. It plays well with makeup, too. I can't attest to whether the ingredients and formulation will do wonders for my skin, but it's a really nice product for an excellent price. I like this a lot better than some pricier (and pricey) moisturizers I've tried in the past. I mean, for something like $5.99 for six ounces, that's a steal.

It's got a long list of ingredients, so how powerful they are might be in question. It's got green tea and coffee bean extracts, lots of vitamins (A, B5, C, D, and E), plus it has retinol and glycerin, and it's supposed to be free of parabens and won't block pores. It definitely sounds good.

The only thing that would make this better is if they had an option with the same feel which also had physical sunblockers, but it is light enough that one could apply sunscreen over it.

on 9/3/2017 7:25:00 AM

Another good basic staple from TJs. It isn’t fancy, but it does the job and is only $10 for a large container. I don’t love the packaging as the moisturizer can solidify in the pump and clog it, adding waste, but since it is so cheap, it isn’t a huge deal.

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

It's supposed to be oil-free, but it as shea butter in it and that makes it very greasy and a good moisturizer for the winter. It really is so greasy, everything you put on top of it will slide right off.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I need to review this because it's an awesome product. I have extremely acne prone skin that doesn't agree with any mosturizer I use, except for this one. I use it day and night. It is oil-free so I wouldn't reccomend it for super dry skin. At night I put vasaline over it and its super hydrating that way.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is a nice lightweight moisturizer. I loved it but bought it believing it was vegan, since I had read that in multiple reviews. I think the confusion came from this previously being labeled vegan a few years ago. But that label is no longer on this item since it contains silk and is therefore not vegan. If you don't care about the vegan aspect then this is a great, affordable option!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Another one of my Trader Joe's favorites! I'm currently using the Trader Joe's All-In-One Cleanser, the Antioxidant Facial Serum, the Enriched Intensive Antioxidant Facial Moisturizer and the Oil-Free Antioxidant Moisturizer. A whole skin care routine and the products only cost $5.99 to $9.99!!! Unbelievable when I think how much I use to spend and not get the results I'm getting with these 4 must-have products. My skin looks renewed, silky smooth and glowing. I can't wait to wash my face everyday and moisturize! I even keep a bottle of the cleanser in my shower to use all over my body! At $5.99, who can resist!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

THE VALUE MOISTURIZER. (SEE CAVEATS BELOW!)

This is my new HG moisturizer, largely because it is 1) cheap ($5.99 in the NW), 2) non-irritating for my very sensitive/red skin, and 3) oil-free.

It is loaded with great ingredients: aloe, shea butter, vitamins E, B5, A, and C, DMAE, collagen, ginko biloba, caffeine, calendula, green tea, hydrolyzed silk, copper, retinol, and CoQ, all-in-one that would normally be found in much more expensive products.

It does contain alcohol, but I have very sensitive, red-prone, Renova-abused skin, and I feel nothing but smooth goodness. It is very lightweight, sinks in very quickly, and moisturizes well without turning into any sort of grease slick.

One reason I tried it is because I started using MAC Body and Face, which is water-based. I've read on many blogs that using the same type of moisturizer and primer with the base formula of a foundation makes it last longer and prevents oxidization. Body and Face is water-based, so thought I would try this. So glad I did.

For those who don't know, Trader Joe's has the BEST return policy (on any product): even if you've eaten/used 3/4 of the contents, you can return it for a full refund, no questions asked, and without a receipt. So no-risk: try it!

EDIT:

Mea culpa. I screwed up. I don't think I really knew what a good moisturizer was, so I thought, "oh yeah, all moisturizers make my skin a little red." So my comment above stating that there was nothing but "goodness" was a bit of a lie. I was just acclimated to everything making me red.

That this makes me LESS red than most moisturizers does not make it a good moisturizer for me. Been doing a lot of work on my skin now--I am taking steps to repair my very dehydrated skin, and the Shikai Borage is great for the day (over Mizon All in One and squalane).

So... here's where I'm an even worse person than just a liar... I saw TJ has a different product (Nourish Enriched Intensive Antioxidant Facial Moisturizer, https://goo.gl/lB1hVk), and wanted to try it. Same price, $5.99. I had used the oil-free on and off again for about three months (not much gone, really, but still...), and felt bad about just returning it... but I brought it in and exchanged it for the heavier version. So far, loving it! A lot of the same ingredients (plus niacinamide and bayberry) but no alcohol. It also has a much better pump.

So the two stars reflect not the quality of the product, but MY skin's "review" of it. Not great for sensitive skin. Sorry for lying :(

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I liked how it faded my hyperpigmentation and provided light moisture and coverage. However, I felt that it slightly burned the skin around my mouth. My skin isn't sensitive to many things, but this was one of those instances.

I loved the packaging and the moisturizer itself is nice, but even though it says it's fragrance-free, this stuff smelled horrible to me. Maybe I got a bad bottle, or maybe my nose is just too sensitive, but I couldn't stand putting this on, so I threw it out. They have a new one, the "enriched intensive" version which is also fragrance-free, and actually is fragrance-free to my nose, so I switched to this one and will review it once I've had enough time with it.

on 6/23/2016 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

For years I was using Jojoba oil as my moisturizer, but as I entered my 40's that just wasn't cutting it anymore. I went to to the other extreme and tried a $50 moisturizer that did nothing at all for my skin. I was skeptical about trying TJ Norish Moisturizer because I had tried a couple of other TJ face products and not had good results, but after the first couple of days I could tell it was making a difference. After a month, my prone-to-dry skin is perfectly balanced, and my T-zone isn't oily anymore!! And it hasn't cause any break outs. I use this in the mornings under makeup and the evenings before bed. It isn't a thick moisturizer, but not watery thin. It has no scent. Only four stars for the packaging because while the pump bottle is wonderful at home, I am going to have to transfer it to another container for travel. It is by far the best moisturizer I have ever used. I am so pleased!