L'Oreal Recital Preference in Havana 6.35

2.0

1 review

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

The model on the box has honey soft hair with a lovely golden overtone, that all together looks more blonde then brown. What the packaging's picture doesn't show is the mahogany highlights my chosen colour has in it. This is strange because - as I discovered at home - the mahogany tones in HAVANA are much stronger then the gold tones in real life, so my hair had a red tinge for around two weeks. Plus, without the vividness of the golden overtone showing through, the brown base tone to HAVANA looked a little bit darker too.

But, although this wasn't the shade I wanted or expected, after a week or two it grew on me and I came to like it. Which is why I was dismayed when it came time to touch up my roots; the dye covers my roots, but they are still noticeably darker then the rest of my hair.

Of course, if my hair were naturally dark I'd expect this, but it isn't. My natural hair colour is ash [not quite light enough to be truly blonde, but still too light and colourless to be classed as brown], so I don't understand why a brown dye covers it so much darker then the brassy blonde that was on the rest of my hair.

I want to clarify that I do love the new and improved Recital Preference formula; it doesn't have a harsh smell, it doesn't stain or irritate skin, it covers my gray streaks perfectly, it is fade resistant and has a long lasting shine.

Popular Hair Color Products