Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

Filtered by age: 36-43
Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

4.2

Talc, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Sodium Saccharin, Benzyl Benzoate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum/Fragrance, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Fruit Powder, Benzyl Alcohol, Silica, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Mica. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742).

A bit pricey but I absolutely love this product. It is so creamy and smells so good. I will definitely repurchase.

on 7/14/2015 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm really not sure whether to say I'd buy again or not. Yes, I would buy again but I would buy a different shade of Chocolate Bronzer.

PROS:

1. It's matte
2. Delicious scent of cocoa powder upon application
3. Applies nicely, wears well
4. Looks golden, can warm a pink undertone
5. The milk chocolate shade is quite wearable on fair skin
6. The brand doesn't test on animals

CONS:

1. None....except that I want a darker shade that is a little less golden because I'm looking a bit too yellow with this on. I should have bought one of the darker shades.
2. If you don't want it to smell like chocolate, well, it does.

This bronzer comes in several shades. I love that it's matte and will probably use this up but I'll go to a different shade of chocolate next time. Probably the medium chocolate or "sunny bunny."

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I liked this bronzer, it definitely smelt of chocolate but not annoyingly so.. Quite pleasant.. It was a nice shade but I found it could go a bit patchy.. You definitely need a lot of powder underneath so it applies more evenly. I thought it was very pricy for what it was!... I'll stick with my Soap & Glory bronzer I think... Solar ..

Skin: Oily, Other, Warm

This beautiful bronzer is the perfect color for my (C3) complexion. It is so soft in both texture and pigment that blending is a breeze. No brown or orange streaks, just a light tan that looks natural. It comes in a cute compact and I enjoy its chocolatey scent.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is the absolute best bronzing powder ever! It's perfect for my pale skin and gives my skin a nice neat look. It also covers my redness. I would definitely buy it again!

on 4/28/2014 4:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Bought this after reading rave reviews. I really wanted to like this but, the smell of chocolate was just so overwhelming, the compact was a very cheap plastic, the bronzer itself I found did not apply well and it irritated my skin,which has never happened to me before using cheaper bronzers such as Maybelline and Avon.

on 4/28/2014 3:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my HG bronzer. I used to use the regular Chocolate Solei but discovered they made a lighter version for fair skin. This is PERFECT. VERY natural and isn't noticeable but enough to make you appear slightly flushed from the sun or when used as a contour, it just gives that subtle depth.

I will not ever go without this now. It's the perfect cool toned bronzer for fair skin, no other has come close to how great this looks on very light skin. It has never turned orange on me or remotely warm. I am NW20 for reference.

on 3/21/2014 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

After much research on which bronzer would work best for my fair/light skin -- I took the plunge and got this one. I had been using NYC in Sunny and it worked fine -- but I still wanted something a little more natural looking. This smells heavenly and deposits plenty of product when applying. I even have to use a light hand and blend very well. Sometimes I contour and sometimes I use a RT powder brush to swirl it all over my face for a little color. This look beautiful on the skin! I hope this lasts me a long time because I never want to purchase another kind of bronzer and this one is pricey!

on 2/26/2014 12:30:00 PM

This is a really nice matte bronzer for contouring in a subtle way for fairer skin. It smells just as yummy as everyone says it does and the compact is very nice and sturdy. I have dropped and broken and had to hot glue the cracks in plastic cheap compacts, but this one seems like it would never think of breaking. There are sooooo many bronzers out there to tempt us. Too-faced marketing and research people were very clever in making this smell and even taste like chocolate if it flies into your mouth or gets on your lips. That sets it apart and makes it unique in an endless sea of bronze.

PROS: Perfect bronzer for my N10-15 skin (I am neutral-toned. A tiny bit more NC than NW). But it also wears well on my teen who is a true PPP, probably an NW5 if there is such a thing. One of the few bronzers I've found that doesn't either go muddy on me or end up too orange. This applies so smoothly and easily and evenly. Subtle but buildable. Doesn't bring out lines more where I apply it. Stays in place (hardly any fading over time.). No shimmer, so I can use it for contour beautifully and naturally. I usually don't care about this kind of thing, but this smells amazing.

CONS: The only cons I have is that it's not dirt cheap and that the packaging could be just tad smaller to make it easier to stash in purse.

ALTERNATES: Perhaps Smashbox's Suntan Matte, but it's not near as easy to apply as this is, and I have to be careful that it doesn't end up too dark on me. It's also just a bit orangier than this.

APPLICATION TIPS: I use Sephora's bronzer brush. It works very well (easy and natural application) but does shed just a bit. If someone reading this has one that works better,, feel free to send me a message with the name. :)