Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

4.4

Talc, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Sodium Saccharin, Benzyl Benzoate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum/Fragrance, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Fruit Powder, Benzyl Alcohol, Silica, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Mica. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742).

on 4/25/2018 8:53:00 PM

Finally, a bronzer I can use,

This is a great bronzer for pale people who are looking for something really subtle, or to add a bit of dimensionality to their face rather than trying to look significantly more tan. I am somewhat pale, with yellow/golden undertones. Probably an NC15. For some background, I was previously using Physician's Formula Bronze Booster for stints, in medium to dark. It worked pretty well despite being medium to dark, but within the last year I started to notice it was making me look a bit sallow. It could be that the product was just getting too old, because I had it for a while.

Anyways, after buying Milk Chocolate Soleil at Sephora online and before it was delivered, I was looking at swatches and reading reviews and getting a bit worried that it would be too light. I mention this because in all the reviews people talk about how it's for very pale people, and I want to make clear you don't have to be like Dita Von Teese-level white to pull this off, which was my concern being pale but not ludicrously so. Obviously the darker you are, the more subtle this is going to be. But don't be afraid that unless you're pale pale pale, this won't show up on you because that isn't th case.

When mine arrived and I tried it out, I was immediately happy with it. Yes, it is extremely light. That's why it's important to note that if you're using a bronzer to look just-got-back-from-vacation tan, this probably isn't going to do that for you unless you're just about as pale as it gets. But for giving a healthy, subtle, but noticeable glow and getting a bit more shape to your face, it's fantastic. The shade comes off a bit more on the golden-brown side without being yellow (I'm very attuned to that after the Physician's Formula jaundice effect I described earlier). Certainly not orange. I've gotta break it down and say quite simply that since I started wearing this bronzer, I just look better. Which feels a bit dumb to mention since that's obviously part of the point of makeup, but I think we've probably all added a product to our makeup routine for a while before realizing it's not actually adding anything.

This would also be good for those of you who are paler and want to get into bronzers or flirt with contouring but are afraid of doing it wrong. I was really freaked out by bronzers a few years back because they can look so conspicuously bad. This bronzer is hard to overdo. It's not insanely pigmented, but that's not a bad thing. Like this morning I went somewhat ham with this bronzer just for fun, and I didn't have any "good lord what was I thinking" mid-morning office bathroom mirror moment.

Anyways, I'm super happy with it. I even like the scent, which reminds me of a chocolate Cupcake Surprise, if anyone remembers those dolls. The only thing I don't like is the gold packaging, which is kind of tacky tbh. Why not be a bit more consistent with the chocolate theme and make it look like a candy wrapper or a chocolate bar or something?

on 2/1/2018 6:18:00 PM

I'm really liking this product! Like the reviewer below posted, finally a bronzer for us pale people! I've been using this almost daily for the past 3 months now to give me a bit of color here and there during the winter (light dusting up near hairline, a quick and light countour-ish swipe for cheekbones, I've used it as a crease color and as eyeshadow) and it really adds depth, warmth and dimension to my face without it obviously looking like I've applied bronzer. This works so well! It's not garish, it doesn't go hideously orange on me, it's buildable and the color is quite flattering and lovely. Plus, I really appreciate that it's matte and has no shimmer, sparkle, or whatever. Myself, I've found that a little of this also goes a long way, so I'll be working through this compact for a while. But I would definitely repurchase when I run out. I also find the chocolate scent of the product cute- it's not something that drew me to the product at all, but it makes me think back to being young and when I used lip smacker, and loved scented pens and erasers, so I appreciate the nostalgia it gives me ;)

on 12/10/2017 5:53:00 AM

Love this bronzer so much! I alternate it with Guerlain teracotta sheer in sun blondes, and they are the only 2 bronzers I'll ever need. It has a peachy undertone that flatters my NC15-NC20 skintone, smells amazing and even tastes sweet! Love it. Looks beautiful with MAC Melba blush and a pop of Becca Moonstone on top of my cheekbones, the combo gives me that gorgeous sunkissed face... great look particularly for summer-fall. I say this would work for skintones up to NC25.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is finally a bronzer for fair skinned people! It is not orange either! This product smells faintly of chocolate like all of the products in this line, but the scent is not overpowering. The color is pretty much the same as the picture, and is a rather neutral, light colored bronzer that looks good on fair skin. I have bought a number of bronzer products in the past few years, and this one suits my skin tone the best, which is fair to light. It warms up a sallow complexion perfectly.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hated this bronzer! The smell was amazing, but looked super orangey on my skin!

on 6/20/2017 6:22:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I am NC20, Asian, and this works really well to warm up my complexion. The shade looks to light on the pan, but once used it just looks so natural. I fell in love the first time I used it. I love the smell too! It is quite addicting.

on 6/12/2017 3:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is the best matte bronzer for pale princesses, hands down! On my NC15-20 skin, I love using this to give my face a very subtle dimension and warmth. When I wear this, it adds an extra little 'something' that people wouldn't really know what to put their finger on and would be hard for them to explain, but expect random compliments galore on how lovely your face looks. This really does mimic the gorgeous glow your skin gets when you've gotten a bit of sun for the day, but it doesn't scream TAN; you just look sunkissed to perfection, in a very natural way. The colour and tone of this bronzer is just perfect as it neither leans too orange-y or too red, and can be used for contouring if needed. Personally I do prefer to use this as bronzer and not for contouring because I prefer to sculpt my face with greyer tones to give the look of realistic shadows, but it does work for that purpose. This is honestly such a great, multifunctional product that deserves to be in the arsenal for pale skinned beauties out there. It might seem a bit expensive at first, but I've had mine for 2 years and I haven't even hit pan yet. My favourite way to apply this bronzer is with the Too Faced Mr. Right Brush, which combined are an absolute dream team together.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

PALE SISTERS OUT THERE!!!! This is THE bronzer for you! So long lasting and gives a sun kissed vibe! I threw out my Hoola Lite, NARS Laguna, Guerlain Terracotta. This is perfection! Also package: I DIE!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

It is a really nice bronzer, I use this for contouring. Yes, it is a little orangey, but it works well for my skin. Very long lasting. I used this at a wedding party and even though the blusher dissapeared after a while, this stayed there until I removed it. Also, it is crazy pigmented, a little goes a LONG way. Not to mention the packaging which is very cute and luxurious... and the smell of chocolate! I like this very much, but I won't buy this again simply because I wanna try other bronzers out there.