4.1

price range

Reviews

from

3 years ago

This polish is unique, being a gray jelly, and I'm more impressed with it than I thought I would be. We're talking 5-ish coats to make this work, but it's worth it if you like gray polishes or jellies/crellies. Some other reviewers mentioned that it is a calming color and almost the color of a pebble on the beach, and I think those assessments are right on. As opposed to being a "squishy" jelly it's more of a "soft, milky" jelly, so if you like very squishy/juicy jellies (a la Super Cute in Pink), this is not like that. Overall I am really glad I have this one.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

6 years ago

My Pointe Exactly is a sheer grey wash that was released as part of the pales in the NYC Ballet collection from spring 2012. This was unlike any other grey polish in that it is very sheer and adds a slight hint of color only. For the uniqueness of having a grey jelly, this is a must have. This is a pale grey shade and it took 3 coats to give it a hint of dove grey. This goes on so sheer though that it is difficult to see where you have painted it on though and that is a drawback. By the 3rd coat I layered it heavier and that was easier to see where I placed it. The formula is easy to work with and it stays put without running, pooling, or flooding. Best of all this does not streak at all, so you can use as few or as many coats as you like. Although I have seen swatches and this looks fabulous on some people, but on me it was boring on it's own and I'm not sure how I feel about the pale grey cast by itself as it did nothing to enhance my nails or skintone. I topped this with 1 coat of Pirouette My Whistle for a gorgeous wintery icy mani. Definitely these need to be used together. When I bought this I thought it was an opaque creme and I was surprised and delighted to discover a jelly. On it's own, this polish is just okay, with the glitter topper it really shows off and pairs so well. This made me think of Illamasqua's raindrops when paired with the glitter topper and that is a polish that's been on my wish list for a long time. This is a good wintery color though like a cold grey wintery sky and I love the end result and the icy snowy look I have on my nails now.

About reviewer (442 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

6 years ago

This is very easy to apply with no streaking, although I can't get it to go on evenly over the whole nail. It ends up opaque near the cuticle, and very sheer at the tip (even after three coats). This strange gradient effect, along with the grey/blue colour of the polish, makes me look ill. It might work better on a warmer toned skin, and it certainly is a gorgeous alternative nude colour with a lovely gel effect.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

EyesGreen

7 years ago

I love this color! so unique. this is a nice, conservative sheer with a twist - a great change from pink but still subtle enough for the office. One point off for the formula. I have problems with this pooling and streaking a lot on my nails, but others don't seem to have that complaint so not sure what is going on.

About reviewer (47 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

7 years ago

My pointe exactly from the new York city ballet collection is a gorgeous light grey creme polish... Actually it is more of a jelly now that I think about it... And I love a jelly finish! This polish is so easy to work with! Yes it can take many coats to become fully opaque, but everyone should know going in that it is a sheer polish! Part of a collection full of sheers so you can't expect too much... It dries very quickly and gives a lovely classy, chic look. It also lasts about a week with top and base coat, which is quite good :) it applies smoothly and evenly with zero streakiness :) it is a truly unique colour in my collection - a light grey jelly with slight blue undertones... It looks particularly stunning with a coat of "pirouette my whistle" over the top (also from the NYC ballet collection). Gorgeous! However I must say, I don't see myself reaching for this colour very often... It is also the only polish I have ever worn that my boyfriend hasn't liked haha he normally compliments me but eith this he was like "what is that?" haha but what do men know :p to each their own... This polish does not give me thy ecstatic "I can't stop looking at my hands feeling" and for me to give 5 out of 5 it has to do that :) but still a nice polish :) and great for something different :)

About reviewer (29 reviews)

SkinOther, Olive

HairBrown

7 years ago

I am not sure if I like this polish. I chose this because the manicurist recommended it for nudes but it shows up as a boring grey color, it still does look sophisticated though. If you like super conservative looks you will like it. I still much prefer OPI bubble bath!

About reviewer (215 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

7 years ago

I love this polish. I'm a huge fan of grey polishes and this one is a potential new favorite. It's a sheer jelly polish, so be prepared for multiple coats if you want a more opaque look. I like the sheer quality and the subtlety of the shade. It's very chic and sophisticated looking. A great polish for work.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

7 years ago

I wanted to really love this one. But the blue-grey shade doesn't really work for me, and heaven help you if your nails or cuticles are damaged at all if you try to wear it. It is sheer, just as it says. That being said, it is a lovely, elegant colour, and with the NYC Ballet collection's glitter over it (Pirouette My Whistle), it's striking. Very subdued, very adult, but not my speed. I think I'll keep hunting for a perfect grey, because this one just feels too polite and it washes me out.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Curly, Medium

EyesHazel

8 years ago

My Pointe Exactly is OPI New York City Ballet Collection. It is the soft shade collection that OPI creates every April. This time, the collection is creme sheer. This color is a blue tone grey sheer creme color. I have never own any creme sheer color in a grey tone before. Its very unique especially going to work. Application is perfect and easy. I think three coats will make it opaque and dries e Emily and quickly without any pool. I find it looks better with cool skin tone but a good contrast with my warm tone. Although I like this color, don't think I'll reach it very often.

About reviewer (455 reviews)

SkinNormal, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

8 years ago

Tres Chic! My Pointe Exactly is from the New York City Ballet collection, which was OPI's Soft Shade collection for 2012. The polish is a beautiful soft dove grey jelly. When I first started to apply this, it looked very pale and thin (even after 2 coats) and alarm bells started to ring ….. But I kept going and slowly the colour built up to a cool grey jelly. Not sure how many coats I used - It was lot - 4 or 5! But they did tend to dry very quickly. It really is a lovely shade of grey. It seems to have lilac undertones. It is a very calming colour and reminds me of light grey pebbles on the beach. In fact I feel like I should be wearing white linen and living in a beach house decorated in white, cream and grey tones - lovely. This is now my favourite grey - Before I got this it was OPI French Quarter for your thoughts. It is a nice alternative for pale, soft, neutral nails. I also got the glitter from this collection, Pirouette my Whistle (which I will review separately) I had planned to put a coat of this over my nails, but they looked so nice without that I did not bother. I have seen pictures of the 2 together and MPE provides a lovely base for the subtle white glitter of PMW. I have rated this a 4 - because although I would have given top marks for the colour, it does take a little while and many coats to create a well groomed glossy gel like effect. I think I would buy it again as it is the nicest grey in my collection.

About reviewer (67 reviews)

SkinNormal, Tan, Warm