Andalou Naturals Pumpkin Honey Glycolic Mask

Andalou Naturals Pumpkin Honey Glycolic Mask

4.3

Not tested on animals

Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Puree*, Aloe Barbadensis Juice*, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Oil*, Vegetable Glycerin, Manuka Honey, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Juice*, Pectin, Glycolic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Xanthan Gum, Malus Domestica (Apple), Solar Vitis (Grape) and Vaccinium Myrtillus (Bilberry) Fruit Stem Cell Cultures and BioActive 8 Berry Complex*, Lecithin, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane)*, Calophyllum Tacamahaca (Tamanu) and Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Oils, Ubiquinone (CoQ10), Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Aspalathus Linearis (Rooibos) Extract*†, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Cinnamomum Cassia (Cinnamon), Myristica Fragrans (Nutmeg), Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) and Pimento Officinalis (Allspice) Powders *Organic † Fair Trade Made naturally without sulfates, GMO, petrochemicals, phthalates, parabens, synthetic fragrance, colors or preservatives. pH Balanced & Hypo-Allergenic. Vegetarian & Cruelty Free

on 6/3/2017 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Yas, gurl, yas. My skin LOVES glycolic acid so I had pretty high expectations for this tub o'goo, and it sure delivered! I purchased a jar at Ulta (I seem to recall it being under $15?), and I use it once a week before I get into the shower at night. It looks and smells like pumpkin pie filling (so if you don't like that particular dessert, you should pass on this!), and I apply a layer to my clean, damp face and wait about 15 minutes. It does sting a little, but it's tolerable, and when I rinse it off my skin feels lovely and smooth. I've even noticed some pore-clearing and my dark spots are fading somewhat...nothing happens overnight, but I have high hopes for continued good results. I definitely wouldn't recommend this product to anyone whose skin is new to glycolic acid (it's strong stuff!), but something to build up to? I will absolutely repurchase this mask.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

this has made my skin feel smooth and clear and hydrated.. it does have a big tingling sensation which take a min to get used to but it is soo worth it with all the benefits!! my hg mask

on 2/6/2017 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I kind of bought this on a whim a few weeks ago. Normally I use quite a few actives, but I'd been very sick with a cold that left me too worn out to do anything but lay in bed and hope for a swift end to my torment (spoiler alert: it didn't happen). Long story short: my skin was dehydrated and oily and flakey and clogged all to hell. I decided what I needed was a good jump start of skincare, so I picked this up. One use swept away the layer of oily, flakey skin that left me ashy and awful looking, and cleared most of my surface clogs. I followed up with a sheet mask and my skin was getting back to it's previous glow by the next day. Since then I've been using it once or twice a week where I'd normally skip a night of tret and use an AHA/BHA serum; lately I've been finding I've been getting better results with this. I never really was a fan of exfoliating masks before since they didn't seem to really do anything for me, but this is perfect; it definitely works, but doesn't irritate my skin or leave me red and raw. As it stands right now I'll definitely repurchase and can't recommend it enough :)

on 8/27/2016 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a very mild exfoliant and great if you are just starting to introduce acids into your skin care regimen. It does help with brightening but there are better stronger and more effective products (Lather 10 minute brightening mask for example).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

LOVE this mask! Not going to lie.. kind of a gross texture. It's very gloppy and thick. However, that isn't an issue when the benefits are so good. I use this probably once a week, anything more than that I think would be too harsh on my sensitive skin. I don't like physical exfoliaters, so this works perfect. When you put it on, there will be a stinging feeling for a couple minutes, it's how I know it's working. I don't notice a real difference until the next day. My face is brighter and the long term effect is that my acne scars seem to heal faster.

on 9/11/2016 2:47:00 PM

It's a bit like smearing smashed pumpkin all over your face this.

It's a very thick and orange chunky paste. Never used a mask like this before, I was recommended this by someone here on MUA.

I love how affordable this is, but from what I've read about this it doesn't contain a high amount of beneficial ingredients. I didn't even know pumpkin was good for skin? It defiantly smells like pumpkin and honey, so if you don't like either this is a big no no.

Overall it's not that effective as a mask, the effects are subtle. My skin felt a little bit softer but I wouldn't say I was beaming with an amazing complexion. Not that great as an exfoliant either.

Won't repurchase or recommend to be honest as there are better masks out there. It definitely tingles when you out it on and can be a bit tricky to wash all of it of, as it dries to thin orange patchy state. But I have never tried a mask before that's felt so organic ? Haha I mean it kinda looks and smells like baby food. It was interesting for me, But it's always good to experiment and try new things

on 6/1/2016 1:21:00 PM

Spotted this mask at a Florida supermarket while on vacation and bought it on a whim to combat any damage from the strong sun exposure. I've used it about three - four times in the last week; I spread it on my face in the morning and leave it on as I brush my teeth (maybe three minutes?). I then rinse it off. Even though I haven't left it on for the prescribed 10 minutes, I've noticed that the mask has increased my skin exfoliation. I have an oily T-zone and combine that with skin that doesn't exfoliate well, I suffer from pimples and lingering acne scars. So anything that helps with exfoliation is a win in my book.

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Smells like pumpkin pie and applies as a slighly orange gel, this mask gives me a burning sensation for about a minute after applying and my guess is it's the cinnamon as my skin felt the same when I used a cinnamon yoghurt masque. It left my face a bit red afterwards, so I recommend trying it at the end of the day the first time you give it a go. Overall, I love the brightening and evening effect it has on my skin, the delicious scent, and the natural ingredients. My tips for usage: wash and gently exfoliate before applying, and moisturise afterwards. I will definitely repurchase!

on 8/20/2016 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

This is a really nice little mask. I got a free (but pretty generously sized) sample when I purchased another moisturizer from AN, and I plan to use it up and I would definitely repurchase a full-sized when I go back to get another AN product. It's not very high in glycolic acid (supposedly 1%, according to an Amazon reviewer), so I'm not looking for it to do much for my acne scars when I know that more concentrated peels will work better. But the scent, subtle change in my skin afterwards, and overall niceness of using this product makes it a-OK in my book.

on 8/14/2016 10:51:00 PM

Love this mask. Nice smell, slight burning sensation that turns into a pleasant tingling upon application, easy to rinse off, and really seems to make my skin feel softer and appear more glowy and radiant.