Andalou Naturals Pumpkin Honey Glycolic Mask

Andalou Naturals Pumpkin Honey Glycolic Mask

4.2

Not tested on animals

Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Puree*, Aloe Barbadensis Juice*, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Oil*, Vegetable Glycerin, Manuka Honey, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Juice*, Pectin, Glycolic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Xanthan Gum, Malus Domestica (Apple), Solar Vitis (Grape) and Vaccinium Myrtillus (Bilberry) Fruit Stem Cell Cultures and BioActive 8 Berry Complex*, Lecithin, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane)*, Calophyllum Tacamahaca (Tamanu) and Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Oils, Ubiquinone (CoQ10), Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Aspalathus Linearis (Rooibos) Extract*†, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Cinnamomum Cassia (Cinnamon), Myristica Fragrans (Nutmeg), Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) and Pimento Officinalis (Allspice) Powders *Organic † Fair Trade Made naturally without sulfates, GMO, petrochemicals, phthalates, parabens, synthetic fragrance, colors or preservatives. pH Balanced & Hypo-Allergenic. Vegetarian & Cruelty Free

on 9/11/2016 2:47:00 PM

It's a bit like smearing smashed pumpkin all over your face this.

It's a very thick and orange chunky paste. Never used a mask like this before, I was recommended this by someone here on MUA.

I love how affordable this is, but from what I've read about this it doesn't contain a high amount of beneficial ingredients. I didn't even know pumpkin was good for skin? It defiantly smells like pumpkin and honey, so if you don't like either this is a big no no.

Overall it's not that effective as a mask, the effects are subtle. My skin felt a little bit softer but I wouldn't say I was beaming with an amazing complexion. Not that great as an exfoliant either.

Won't repurchase or recommend to be honest as there are better masks out there. It definitely tingles when you out it on and can be a bit tricky to wash all of it of, as it dries to thin orange patchy state. But I have never tried a mask before that's felt so organic ? Haha I mean it kinda looks and smells like baby food. It was interesting for me, But it's always good to experiment and try new things

on 8/27/2016 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a very mild exfoliant and great if you are just starting to introduce acids into your skin care regimen. It does help with brightening but there are better stronger and more effective products (Lather 10 minute brightening mask for example).

on 8/20/2016 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

This is a really nice little mask. I got a free (but pretty generously sized) sample when I purchased another moisturizer from AN, and I plan to use it up and I would definitely repurchase a full-sized when I go back to get another AN product. It's not very high in glycolic acid (supposedly 1%, according to an Amazon reviewer), so I'm not looking for it to do much for my acne scars when I know that more concentrated peels will work better. But the scent, subtle change in my skin afterwards, and overall niceness of using this product makes it a-OK in my book.

on 8/14/2016 10:51:00 PM

Love this mask. Nice smell, slight burning sensation that turns into a pleasant tingling upon application, easy to rinse off, and really seems to make my skin feel softer and appear more glowy and radiant.

on 6/1/2016 1:21:00 PM

Spotted this mask at a Florida supermarket while on vacation and bought it on a whim to combat any damage from the strong sun exposure. I've used it about three - four times in the last week; I spread it on my face in the morning and leave it on as I brush my teeth (maybe three minutes?). I then rinse it off. Even though I haven't left it on for the prescribed 10 minutes, I've noticed that the mask has increased my skin exfoliation. I have an oily T-zone and combine that with skin that doesn't exfoliate well, I suffer from pimples and lingering acne scars. So anything that helps with exfoliation is a win in my book.

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Smells like pumpkin pie and applies as a slighly orange gel, this mask gives me a burning sensation for about a minute after applying and my guess is it's the cinnamon as my skin felt the same when I used a cinnamon yoghurt masque. It left my face a bit red afterwards, so I recommend trying it at the end of the day the first time you give it a go. Overall, I love the brightening and evening effect it has on my skin, the delicious scent, and the natural ingredients. My tips for usage: wash and gently exfoliate before applying, and moisturise afterwards. I will definitely repurchase!

on 2/2/2015 9:55:00 AM

This is a great little mask and a major boon to my overall routine. It comes in a rather small glass jar but you don't need a lot to cover your face. I've been using it about 1-2x per week and I think it'll last me like 6 months with how little you have to use. I picked it up on sale at Whole Foods for $9.99, which is pretty cheap for good products (Andalou is frequently on sale there FYI).

It's not gonna work miracles, but every time I use it my skin is soft, clear, and glowy the next morning. (Right after rinsing it can be a little red so I always do it at night.) My skin is hardy and loves exfoliation so I leave it on for 20-30 minutes rather than the recommended 10 for max benefit. It applies a translucent orange gel-cream, tingles upon application, and smells like somewhat rotten pumpkin in an appealing way if that makes sense? Removal is easy if you don't leave it on too long.

I've been integrating a few Andalou products into my regime and they've all been AMAZING. I particularly love the Turmeric + C Serum. Can't live without it. I also use the brightening eye cream and the fruit stem cell night cream. If you've been meaning to check out this line, don't hesitate any longer! Good ingeredients, amazing results, decent price point, nice packaging. Looooove. Want more.

on 1/27/2015 9:58:00 AM

I have been using this for about a month.
I use it in the morn just before stepping into the shower.
I pour it in my hand rather than dip in fingers for less bacterial contamination.
(Mud masks I prefer at night to get a deep clean and remove make up and dirt from the day).
I use this pumpkin honey mask 2 x a week.
Love the natural product and effect.

Yes, you can feel it working.
That's a good sign.
My skin loves glycolic, so I leave it on for 20 min.
Skin feels great after and looks wonderful.
Smells nice.

Good price & size compared to others brands.
I am hoping to see more of a glow with more regular use.

Recommended.

on 11/12/2014 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

This is the perfect mask for Fall! It smells like pumpkin pie and contains great ingredients, like manuka honey, aloe, vitamin C and pineapple. I use it about 1-2x a week but it's gentle enough to where I could use it more often if my skin needs it. I use this at night before showering and in the morning my skin is so glowy and soft. It's pretty gentle and I only feel a slight tingling so it should be good with more sensitive skins.

I'm a big fan of all the Andalou Naturals products I've used so far and would definitely repurchase this mask when I run out.

I like, but don't love, this product.

For one, kudos to Andalou for designing something that is all-natural and fairly potent (a rarity). The formulation is nice, and the pumpkin smell is great (almost too intoxicating, really!).

My concerns are: the product (similar to Juice Beauty's Green Apple Peel) does a good job of turning your face red and giving a warming sensation, likely due to the pumpkin, I assume, but in terms of skin smoothing and exfoliation, I feel the benefits are limited. This is likely due to the low glycolic acid content. I would prefer they increase the glycolic acid a bit (even if it meant reducing the quantity of pumpkin). I also have a strange suspicion it is giving me blackheads -- I'm not sure yet.

In all, this is a good product.