wet n wild Color Icon Bronzer - Reserve Your Cabana

wet n wild Color Icon Bronzer - Reserve Your Cabana
Color Icon Bronzer - Reserve Your CabanaColor Icon Bronzer - Reserve Your CabanaWet 'N Wild 'Reserve your Cabana'Color Icon Bronzer - Reserve Your Cabana

4.3

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (5% w/w), Oxybenzone (1.5% w/w) Inactive Ingredients: Mica, Boron Nitride, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Glycol, Methicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Alumina, Bisabolol, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is NOT a bronzer! What this is is an amazing highlighter! Because I have more mature skin I have stayed far away from highlighters, however, after reading up on the topic I learnt that if you find the right one it can do wonders to take years off of your face.... so of course I knew that Reserve Your Cabana would be the one to try. AMAZING! What this does is just add a beautiful youthful ~ very gentle glow. It in no way will emphasize wrinkles or any other issues you have going on with your skin. I apply this down the bridge of my nose, over my eye brows, on the top of my cheekbones, the cupids bow and on my chin. I sometimes also use this as an all over finishing powder...... it really wakes up mature, dull or tired looking skin. It enlivens the skin, gives you a healthy ~young ~ fresh look. I can't rave enough about it. If you have ever wanted to try a highlighter but were afraid to because of shimmer and glitter I highly suggest you get yourself to Walgreens and pick this up for only $4.99. You'll be glad you did!

I know...plenty of people use this strictly as a highlighter. But I'm pale...really pale. In MAC terms I'm a NC10, which is almost equivalent to being THE PALEST GIRL ALIVE. I have yellow undertones that causes me to look even more translucent.

I bought this (from Walgreens for $3.99) because it was the first bronzer I've ever seen that actually looked light enough for me. Typically most bronzers out there leave me looking orange & dirty. But with Reserve Your Cabana...I'm left with a natural looking glow. I actually went to visit my father with my fiance & my father kept saying that I look healthy again! He told me that he didn't want to say anything before, but all the color in my skin had been sucked out & I looked very ill. I certainly wasn't going to let him know I got my healthy glow back thanks to a Wet n Wild bronzer. Hahah.

I use Reserve Your Cabana to contour my nose, cheekbones, forehead & chin. It's shimmery, but there's certainly no glitter chunks. This bronzer doesn't magnify my large pores. It just looks just makes my skin look naturally sunlit, not overdone.

If anyone knows of a dupe for Reserve Your Cabana; please message me! I am terrified of this being discontinued someday & I'll be left clueless. So it'd be nice to have some alternatives.

on 10/2/2015 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

(For reference I'm nw25/dry skin) If you suffer from dark undereye circles-Please read!
I'd been looking for this everywhere and finally found it! I'd read that some liked it as a highlight and some as an allover powder. This is way too subtle with not enough BAM as a highlight for me. I haven't tried it as an allover powder either yet, but I'm sure it's lovely! What this does do however, with great surprise and ability, is brighten up my awful dark undereye circles! This works like a charm! After applying all of my makeup, I do my usual highlighting. Then, I tap my ring finger onto this powder, and pat on the inner corners of each eye blending out and down just a tiny bit. This $4 powder makes such a huge difference and lightens up my whole face in 5 seconds! I literally couldn't believe my eyes the very first time that I tried this! I have several highend glowy powders, and none of them do what this powder does. I'm so glad that I found this powder! If you have dark circles, give this powder a try and just apply as I did. It has a soft, dense, finely milled consistency that does have some kick-up, but that is NOT a problem for me. Sometimes, it can feel a tiny tad bit gritty on my skin right in my inner eye corners, IF I apply too much, so light application is the key. Also, this pan is huge, so I don't see myself using this up anytime soon. I really love this shimmer powder. I had no irritation or further drying out of my skin. I definitely recommend.

on 1/1/2014 4:33:00 PM

Dupe for Nars NICO...not really a bronzer or a highlighter but just a good finishing powder or alone. You have to buff this in or it will be cakey. Let it morph and you will for $3.00 have a beautiful finished look. The dome on the packaging allows for a nice puff so it's good to go, but there is no mirror, that's fine. It's a great product and a nice pick-me-up. Def in the category of Nars and Dior~

on 1/14/2014 5:12:00 PM

Amazing! Seriously, a gorgeous setting powder. I saw a dupe video on You Tube comparing this to one of the Hourglass Ambient Lighting powders. This was a great substitution for one of the shades from the Hourglass line, I believe it was Diffused light, the more yellow-based shade (just go to You Tube and search for Wet N Wild Reserve your Cabana and it's the video titled "DUPE ALERT!!! Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder $4 Drugstore Dupe!"). I agree that this is the best dupe out there for the price, easy accessibility and the simple paraben-free ingredient list (and WnW is a cruelty free brand which is a must in my book!) which makes this my go-to setting powder. It is gorgeous and gives you this lit-from-within glow...nothing like a highlighter with tons of sheen or shimmer but, rather, an overall softness that blurs your imperfections. I use it under my eyes and very lightly all over my face. It doesn't settle into my fine lines or large pores and it doesn't make me look greasy. I am so very happy with this product and recommend it all the time.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

I bought this based on another reviewer's comments -- that this isn't sparkly but more like a glow. I have oily skin, I'm 52, and most highlighters do nothing but highlight everything I'm trying to hide, along with making me look greasy. This is a great product. As a brow highlighter, it lightens my brow bone without being silver, sparkly, glittery or even shimmery. It's glow-y. Same for using on the tops of my cheeks. I have large pores and acne scars and other highlighters just grab onto and accentuate the problems. This product is a perfect of example that just because a product costs more doesn't make it better.

on 12/27/2015 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

*******A very close dupe for Ambient Lighting Powder!!*******

Calling all fair yellow toned gals!!!

At first I tried to use it as a subtle highlighter, which didn't really work out for me because I prefer the wet/dewy look on my cheekbones (think J.Lo!) so I didn't really find a good use for this other than an eyeshadow. Then I found a video comparing this to the Ambient Lighting Powder and I decided to give it a go as an all over setting powder/illuminator and WOW. This stuff just adds that extra something to your skin to make it look like perfection! It's not an exact dupe for the Ambient Lighting Powder, but it's so darn close that you don't need to shell out the extra cash. Give Wet n' Wild a go - it's $3.00! You could always use it as an eyeshadow if it doesn't work out for you!

on 6/11/2016 5:38:00 PM

This is the beauty steal of the century. Multi tasking, its not really a bronzer at all, but a highlighting powder which doesn't contain any glitter or shimmer. My skin is a light - med with blonde hair and this bronzers colour doesnt show up as a colour on my skin. I use it to add a very subtle glow on tops of cheekbones and even set undereye concealer with. Its so natural looking no shine but a soft healthy glow. You will not regret buying this, its a huge pan and a top product

on 12/24/2014 10:46:00 AM

Oh hello there new favorite makeup thing...

Would have never picked this up if not for some of these reviews. CLEARLY not a bronzer lol, it's a beige powder with slight shimmer housed in an enormous compact (that will last 27 years) for $3.99.

I tried the Hourglass Ambient powder (Dim) and I think it was actually *too* finely milled and high quality for my skin if that makes sense. It didn't work as a setting powder (no oil control) and I couldn't detect any highlighting properties. I literally could not notice its presence on my face. (And for the price? nahhhh son.)

Anyway, Reserve Your Cabana is great. It has some pigment to it; I noticed this when I applied it over my blush one day - it totally cancelled out the color. For reference, I have light olive skin, so I'm not sure how this would work out on darker skin tones or extremely pale ones. I have large pores and it does have a tendency to highlight them, so when I use it as an all-over glow-maker, I fill in the sides of my nose/inner cheek with primer and then apply (before blush haha) and they're not that noticeable. When used that way, typically on a night out for me, the effect is an overall radiance. Otherwise, I use it as a regular highlight on the top of my cheekbones, bridge of nose, etc. It's not shimmery enough for a dramatic look, though. I have other products for that!

Doesn't cake, oxidize, or break me out. YAY.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I'm feeling wet n wild girls!
I lusted after the Hourglass ambients for awhile but couldn't seem to drop the money. After hearing whispers and raves about this, I had to try. Why I hadn't already picked it up a longtime ago,who knows, I absolutely love wet n wild for the quality and prices. Wnw performs. Coverall<3.
Soo ...I have reserved my cabana, and will sit and relax under it with my fresh, radiant skin teasing the sun with my glow.
Product: the powder is silky smooth to the touch, does not feel like a 3 dollar powder.
There is no real shimmer or glitter, it's just a radiant subtle glow. (Although there is very very small glitter partials. You have to look hard to see them.)
A beauty that is not gold,pink or white, Neutral beige leaning yellow. Not so yellow it's going to look of on cool skin. Can be used as a highlighter or all over. It has just enough oomph to be great at both tasks.
I use real techniques blush brush to apply all over and I love it, I truly can tell a difference without looking shiny, or too done up/over the top. The face comes alive with dimension and goddess. Also beautiful brought down to the décolletage.
Heck I've even gotten my Mother in law interested in it.
The *only* downside is the powder seems fragile, I've seen many broken in store. One drop and it would for sure be a goner and the packaging would not do much to protect it.
This is an A+ for me. One of my favorite products, if not the favorite. It's very close. I feel no need for hourglass now, because I can't see that giving me an any better finish, or something totally different.
And to think I got it for $3. Who woulda knew.
Hasn't upset my sensitive skin.
Great amount of product.