4.3

$5.49 on Ulta Beauty
Shop Now

Reviews

8 months ago

I heard this was going to be discontinued!?? This powder is wonderful. This is supposed to be a dupe for the Hourglass powder (which I also own) and I like this BETTER. I use it on top of my blush as a last step and it blends in seamlessly! My cheek bones look lifted and my blush looks so much more natural with this on top. I love this as a highlighter. I own lots of highlighters and this is my go to 95% of the time. I love that it looks natural (I don’t like sparkly, glittery or wet looking highlighters). It is subtle, but beautiful. The only downside is that it is fragile and crumbles easily. The packaging is flimsy and the lid usually breaks before I finish the powder. This is NOT a travel-friendly item, but for the price (under $4) it is well worth it!!

About reviewer (33 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBrown

9 months ago

I've been wanting to get my hands on this for a while and I'm not disappointed. I have never tried the hourglass powders but before I even knew they existed I wished that they sold a powder that would do exactly what they do, when I read about them I was a bit disappointed at the price, even though I am positive they are worth it as you can't beat a natural looking powder that gives you a natural sheen that also blurs imperfections and I've been wanting something like that for ages so yes, after reading about them I began the hunt to find a dupe or something very similar that was cheaper and I have which I'm really really so happy about, this and makeup revolutions radiance pallette are really good dupes. This just gives a lit from within look to the face, the colour looks very pale but if you just dust a tiny bit all over your face even with a tan it doesn't make you look any paler, or if it does it's hardly noticeable, it's a very soft powder and applies beautifully, it's not too warm or too cool either it's just like magic powder lol, perfect for my 33 year old skin!, it just brings my skin back to life. It almost gives a soft focus finish aswell and blurs fine lines and wrinkles or pores, it doesn't hide them but it does blur them. It works very very subtly, but that's the point and exactly why I like it so much. I don't know why they called it a bronzer as it is definately a finishing powder, if you want to find out more about the effect this gives read about the hourglass ambient powders because that's exactly what it does. I have oily cheeks and pores and so I just put a translucent soft focus setting powder on my cheeks first (after foundation) and then I dust this all over my face and it looks gorgeous. So glad that I found this

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

10 months ago

It has so many great reviews here which encouraged me to order it and I LOVE it I don't know why they have marketed it as a bronzer,it's nothing even near bronzer.I use it as fixing powder,apply it with a fluffy brush all over my face.it makes my makeup last longer,also gives a lovely,healthy glow to my skin.it's not a bold highlighter,there's no glitters in it.just a pretty,natural sheen.not too pink,or too golden,or too silver,it's a natural color which looks awesome on light skin. However it's a pressed powder,it's finely milled also doesn't feel dry.I love to buff it into my skin and create this airbrushed yet not dry finish.it has some kick back but not too much.I have a very dry skin and it doesn't look overly powdery or cakey on my skin but I feel it emphasizes a bit the pores I have on my cheeks(less than other highlighters though).it's not a very pigmented highlighter.if you want to use it as a highlighter on your cheekbones you have to use a dense brush and build it up so that it becomes more than a subtle sheen it comes in a bully Pan which makes it difficult to carry in makeup bags,but it also provides huge amounts of product and makes it price worthy I would definitely repurchase

About reviewer (202 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

a year ago

The first time I bought this, I actually grabbed it because it was marketed as a bronzer and I thought it would be perfect for fair skin. Obviously, I was wrong and this is not a bronzer, but I'm glad I bought it anyway. Depending on which brush I use, I can get a really pretty highlight sheen that isn't obvious or glittery. Denser brushes (blush brush) grab a heavier sheen, and fluffy face brushes grab a tiny bit. I prefer this with a dense brush and put it everywhere on my face. Literally everywhere. It gives me a nice glow, it's cheap, and it lasts forever.

About reviewer (161 reviews)

Age

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

from

a year ago

The only reason why I would not buy this product again is because a part of it broke after one week and I did not drop it. The rest of the product broke on me two weeks after that. That being said, it is a really subtle highlighter with no glitter, great for oily skin. The packaging is bulky, but it contains a lot of product, so it has a great value. It retails for 4.99 euro for 13 gr/0.46 oz in Spain. Wet n Wild is cruelty-free

About reviewer (50 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

1.0

a year ago

I heard about this on every makeup forum, every youtube guru insisted on it, and so I finally talked myself into trying it. You get a great deal of product for the price. It is easy to apply. I just was expecting more out of it. Everyone had talked it up to sound like it was the perfect substitute for Hourglass ALP and I wanted that "lit from within" glow that they claimed this would bring. It didn't. It felt like dry powder. It looked chalky. There is nothing inherently wrong with the product, I tried it several ways and with several different application methods, I just should have held off.

About reviewer (76 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

EyesHazel

a year ago

The best drugstore hilighter of all time!!! When it comes to hilighter I love a subtle glow more than a BAM in your face hilighter. This is why Reserve your cabana done it for me, it give me a subtle glow from within look. And it's dirt cheap, you get a lot of product for a very cheap price.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

a year ago

First of all this is obviously not a bronzer, and if you're going to put this product down because of this...I feel sorry for you This is an amazing, finely milled powder that can be used as both a highlighter & a finishing powder (or setting powder...I always forget the difference. LoL). As a highlighter it gives a natural glow, blends smoothly into the skin & is a pretty good dupe to the famous Laura Mercier baked highlighter As a setting/finishing powder it reminds me of my Hourglass finishing powders. The finish is so similar when you lightly dust this product on the face. It gives the EXACT SAME EFFECT! Not to mention it reallyyyyy prolongs the wear of your base. PROS: - Finely milled - Natural glow to the skin - No chunky glitter - Generous amount of product - Blends out beautifully & melts into the skin - Inexpensive - Prolongs make-up wear, lasts LONG on the skin (8+ hours) - Performs just as well if not better compared to luxury brands e.g. Hourglass CONS: - BULKY ASS PACKAGING... Seriously WnW why is the packaging to this series SOOOOO unnecessarily bulky? I can't fit it into my makeup bag for travelling!!!!! - Has kickback when you dip in your brush (but only a tiny bit) - Restricted to fair to light skin tones Overall, A LIFETIME repurchase. I absolutely love this product & have used it for over 3 years.

About reviewer (52 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

2 years ago

Not sure about the ''new'' formula, this review is for the old one. As a natural makeup lover I absolutely adore this powder. I use it as a shadow & as a light highlighter. The price is good, you get a lot of product, the powder is very smooth, the brand is cruelty-free. Maybe the wear time could be better but it's not a big problem for me to be honest as most of heavy waterproof kind of products break me out anyway.

About reviewer (143 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesGray

2 years ago

I had them shipped from USA and any broke . Love the soft texture of this product , slight shimmer and gives the skin a beautiful gleam . Love it and so cheap

About reviewer (534 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium