Bobbi Brown Illuminating Bronzing Powder in Antigua

Bobbi Brown Illuminating Bronzing Powder in Antigua
Illuminating Bronzing Powder in AntiguaIlluminating Bronzing Powder in AntiguaIlluminating Bronzing Powder in Antigua

4.6

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I saw the shade, Antigua, online and thought it might be a good shade. I went to one of the BB counters for advice and quick tips and long story short..... I adore this color. I use the cool sand foundation and the two work together so well. Oh,, I use this as a blush. I have another bronzer I use from Tarte. I have fair skin and I again, just love the Antigua,

on 10/2/2017 4:45:00 PM

I can't believe I have not reviewed this! This is such a staple HG for me that I never even look at other blushes... well, ok, I bought Nars Orgasm because I figured I NEEDED it since everybody in the world seems to love it. And, I do like Orgasm but nothing, I MEAN NO OTHER BLUSH, looks as good on me as Illuminating Bronzing Powder in Antigua. I have hit pan once and bought again and I just bought a new blush/bronzer combo she has on her website for the holidays just because it has Antigua in it. The pots are so big, that they last me a year and a half using it everyday. Now, I know this is technically a bronzer but as others have said, it is an absolutely perfect blush for my NW20 light to medium skin tone. But, it works as a light bronzer too on me, but I never us it that way because it's so perfect as a blush. HG HG HG... I will lay down and die if it's ever discontinued.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I first bought this product about 3 years ago and have just bought my second one so felt it was time to write a review. This is a gorgeous pink with a hint of shimmer and the slightest hint of brown. It's all I need to use on my NC20 skin. Used lightly it can give the look of a slight tan (I do go pinkish in the sun!). Recently after watching lots of Youtube videos I convinced myself I needed a mat bronzer and to use this as a blush so I bought the BB golden light, but I still prefer Antigua on its own. Maybe I will use the Golden Light when I actually have a real tan!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my favorite summer blush. It warms my cheeks with a lovely glow, with a faint shimmer. I love me some shimmer! It's not over the top, just lovely. Huge pan that lasts forever. Expensive. This is not a bronzer, that's just nuts.

on 9/13/2015 11:50:00 AM

This is fantastic! While I consider the name a little misleading--it's more of a blush than a bronzer, IMO, it's one of my favorite cheek products.

I really don't see how this could be used as a bronzer, as it's way too pink. The color is a slightly cool-neutral pink on me (NW15) with slight gold shimmer. The shimmer isn't at all over the top and is barely noticeable, making it suitable for the office. While it's not highly pigmented, it's easy to layer this and get a natural looking flush. You don't need a lot of product to get that glow.

What I don't love about it is the packaging. I have 4 BB bronzers, all in the same compact, and 3/4 of the clasps (is that the right word for them?) have broken. I'm not especially rough on my m/u, as most of it sits in a vanity. It's irritating that the compact won't stay completely closed now, especially given how much these cost.

Overall, while I love this, I can't give it a 5/5 because of the annoying compact clasp and the somewhat misleading name. Otherwise, I love this and use it at least once a week.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This looks just beautiful on my olive skin. It's the perfect summer bronzer blush and looks totally natural. I think it would look good on other skin tones too.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This is great stuff. Like others have said, my first thought was "how can a bronzer be pink" but it is and it is quite gorgeous. I am a total bronzer addict but this, probably because my skin is so pink already, really makes me look like i have been out in the sun. There is just enough brown in it to fake sun and just enough shimmer to keep it from going flat.

If you are a pale person who normally does not do bronzer because you think they are all orange, this is a great first "bronzer."

My only complaint is bobbi brown compacts have weak clasps and this, like my bronzer, does not shut properly after having used it for a while. I love the design of the compacts and the mirror size but she needs to work on the clasps.

on 6/10/2015 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love Antigua and have used it for years. It is a cooler pink with a little bit of shimmer--not crazy sparkle at all. If I want to get the perfect bronze for my skin tone (Bobbi Brown Sand or Warm Sand) I mix the Antigua with the Natural bronzer compact. Just a swirl in both palettes to load the brush, then a light swipe to cheeks, forehead and chin.

on 6/2/2015 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Supremely beautiful bronzer with nice pink undertones instead of orange or brown, it's just so expensive!

on 1/20/2015 3:36:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This product is fantastic for pale skins! I am always very wary of bronzers, as they are usually too obvious, dark or orange. 'Antigua' is a lovely pinky bronze with a touch of shimmer, which makes the bronzing effect quite subtle and easy to apply. I often use it in winter too as it's so flattering. It's also great for contouring, used with a highlighter. Plus, the pan is HUGE, much bigger than BB blush, so it does feel as if you get more for your money.
I can't fault this product at all, as I've previously had a nightmare finding a decent bronzer for my skin tone!