The Body Shop Vitamin E Hand and Nail Cream

The Body Shop Vitamin E Hand and Nail Cream

3.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Packaging is practical (as well as the size for purse/bags) and the company is cruelty free but I think that's where the pros end for me. I don't hate the scent as much as other reviewers do (it smells similar but not the same as original Oil of Olay moisturizer) but what really bothers me is how it dries down. It leaves my hands feeling tacky/sticky and that is a huge dealbreaker for me. Out of principle, I will finish the product but never purchasing again. In fact, if you have access to Trader Joe's, their house brand travel hand cream is only $1.99 and way better than this (and it's unscented).

on 1/4/2015 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I couldn't get past the smell, holy cow it's horrible! At first smells like baby powder and after a while it smells like straight up Nair hair remover. For this reason I returned it.

I don't really have a lot to say about this hand cream...I got it for free with some other purchases, so the price was right! I like to keep a tube of hand-cream in my purse, so the size was good. I just simply don't like this product that much, but I can't really explain why. It's not greasy or sticky, but I don't find it particularly moisturizing and I do NOT like the smell. It didn't bother me at first, but it really bugs me now. I won't repurchase it because there are other hand creams I like much better.

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

bleuhh im not sure what this is suposed to do but i thrown it away after months of trying to use it, like the reviewer before me said - its a pointless product, doesn't moisturise and smells like... babypowder. no difference to my hands either, its too watery and not rich enough. this has to go!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I generally like The Body Shop's Vitamin E line. I've used the eye cream and body butter before and really enjoy them both, so I figured I would give the hand cream a try. The smell is the same as the rest of the line, sort of like rose and baby powder together, but not overwhelming. I enjoy it, as it reminds me of the old Coty pressed powder my grandmother used to wear.

Anyway, despite wanting to like this hand cream, it's basically a fail for me. It's not moisturizing in any way and is very sticky for a few minutes after you apply it. It feels like if you don't rinse your hands well enough after you wash them and there's a soap residue on them.

It bothered me enough that I actually had to wash the lotion off and use something else.

I would not repurchase.

on 8/18/2012 5:29:00 PM

I'm in love! This hand cream has literally transformed my hands. Before I used it my nails would crack and peel, I was so self-concious of them because they were so weak and short. Within two weeks of using this every day my nails were strong and long and my hands perfectly moisturised. I'm never without this now, the difference when I dont use it is startling - my nails are weak and cracking within a week or two. It's a miracle in a tube!

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love the entire Vitamin E line by The Body Shop and this in particular is one of their star products. This is a great everyday no-frills hand cream. I love the scent and it provides fairly good moisturization for the hands. It is easy to transport and I always have it in my bag/purse. I don't have any bones to pick with this hand cream but I do wish it were just slightly more moisturizing. My hands do feel smoother/healthier after extended use of this due to the Vitamin E in this hand cream. I would definitely re-purchase since it is a good hand cream at a reasonable price.

on 7/2/2011 10:28:00 AM

LOVE this hand cream! It's really nice and rich without being greasy.

Since I've been using it on my hands, cuticles and nails, I've noticed that my nails don't split as much. For the first time in several years, my nails have grown to be over an inch long!

The scent isn't strong (for which I'm thankful) and I can safely apply it anywhere, even when riding the subway, and don't have to worry about the smell bothering other people.

Great value for your money as it is reasonable and a little goes a long way. Will continue to buy it as long as they make it!

I've been using this product for years and years. Its a simple, not too fancy or greasy hand cream, with added vitamin E which is good. It has a nice smell to it too. I keep it on my desk at work. Another plus is that it contains community trade shea butter, which feels like you're helping the less fortunate and doing the world a little good.

Enjoy!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Im really disappointed on this hand cream. I usually love TBS products but this one just sucks. Its watery, doesnt moisturize at all and it doesnt sink in, it just sits on top of your hands doing nothing. It smells like baby lotion, so I dont care much for the smell. For such a bad product its totally overpriced. The package is all right, though. Wouldnt repurchase.