Waxelene- The Petroleum Jelly Alternative

Filtered by hair type : Wavy

4.8

Organic soybean oil, 100% natural beeswax, organic rosemary oil, 100% natural vitamin E oil

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This stuff is amazing!! I love that it is all natural. I was shocked it didn't clog my pores and thats why I keep coming back to this product. So rare for acne prone skin to find something that doesn't cause one zit.

Only issue with it is I can't get it in Canada, so shipping from States is astronomical. Also, I wish the packaging was different, I don't find it very sanitary when you use your fingers...

I use it every night as my nighttime moisturizer! my skin is so soft from it. Too thick to use during day but it's an awesome hydrating mask for night... This is the greatest moisturizer to use after my glycolic home peels too!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

For extra dry patches, hands, feet, callouses - this stuff is great. I slather it on, throw on a glove or sock, and in the morning it has penetrated and really made a dent in my dry spots.
It works very well on my lips also, just as a general balm. I imagine for those in colder, more arid climates, this could be a lifesaver.
It is not nearly as greasy as most butters, and since I don't ever use Vaseline, I cant compare it to that. However, it is somewhat greasy, so I wouldn't put it on and get dressed right away for fear of staining my clothing.
It smells to me like clover honey, not overpowering at all. The price was very reasonable, I still have most of a tub left and I use it pretty regularly.
Since it has beeswax, it's a great body bar component. I make my own using Waxelene, pure cocoa butter stick and add some oils, argan, coconut and carrot seed EO.

I love this when I need heavy duty moisturizing. At night, I use this on my lips, hands and feet. Keeps everything super soft!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I've been using this product for about 4 years now, as a healthy alternative to petroleum. Before this, I used the Un-Petroleum product available at WFs.

What I use this for mainly is: lip balm, DIY lipscrub (blend with a small pinch of coconut sugar), night time foot treatment and I use it to turn powder eyeshadow and blush into a luminous cream.

I have always had the jar, but in the last year they've brought it out in tubes. I especially enjoy the pocket-sized travel tube that they have at natural food stores. I now have a couple circulating in my handbag, makeup bag and gym bag.

It's also great for taming rogue eyebrow hairs in a pinch. I don't detect a smell and I have a pretty good sniffer, so it can't be that obvious if it does indeed have one.

What else? Oh, it's awesomely cheap. The other day Sprouts had the biggest jar on sale for $9.99...it was what I would consider a Costco-sized jar. Seems to go on sale enough to make it worth it, economically speaking.

Remarkable little jar. Its got natural ingredients which I like and smells good (Very honey floral organic like smell). The packaging is uber cute and you can get multiple uses out of it.
I lived in Michigan for the winter aka cold as ... And I naturally tend to get dry patches on my hands especially during the brutal winters. This is great to use on your lips, as a moisturizer for your body and hands and its a great deep moisturizing treatment for your feet as well when paired with cotton socks. Also, cosmetics wise you can use it to help you remove eye makeup gently and a little can be used on your lid for that clear sheen look.
Also good to tame your brows with. I also like to smooth a little over my tattoos it makes them look nice and smooth and the colors pop more. Overall a good handy little product to have in your beauty stash and a great replacement for vaseline. Only gripe? Its a tad bit pricey. But I think its worth the splurge. I bought it at bed bath and beyond, not sure where else it is sold but im pretty sure walgreens will more than likely carry it to

Popular Lotions / Creams