Waxelene- The Petroleum Jelly Alternative

Filtered by skin tone : Fair

4.5

Organic soybean oil, 100% natural beeswax, organic rosemary oil, 100% natural vitamin E oil

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Waxelene has become extremely difficult to find anywhere but Amazon & the prices there have varied wildly in some highly disturbing ways. That’s a shame because I think I’ve tried nearly every lip product on the market & nothing compares. It even puts several of those outrageously expensive but beloved cult classics to shame (looking at you Smiths, La Mer, L’occitane & By Terry).

There are no irrelevant fillers to be found in Waxelene & its simple soy base is magic for moisturizing dry lips, though it can be used around the eyes & on dry feet, hands & elbows as well. In fact, I use this on my 8 year-old’s chapped cheeks and probably wouldn’t have hesitated to use it as a diaper cream had I known about it when he was small. Unlike standard petroleum jelly & Aquaphor, It actually absorbs & softens while still providing that waterproof barrier the aforementioned are so well-known & loved for. You’ll never want to go back to standard vaseline once you’ve tried it & don’t say I didn’t warn you! There’s a reason Angelina Jolie has endorsed it. As cynical as I am when it comes to advertising, I actually believe (perhaps for the first time ever) that a celeb’s motives were pure. That says it all.

I was fortunate enough to obtain a large 5 oz tube of this for approximately 15.00 on Amazon recently…only to find the tiny 0.2 oz tube was being sold for the same price when I returned to purchase some for my sister. Snap this stuff up while you still can!

Love love putting this on my lips. It fixes my chapped lips with one use. So creamy and delicious.

I got this product as a gift. It's definitely a lot more lightweight than vaseline and feels great. Just not 100% sure if I would buy it myself again because Aquaphor is a lot cheaper and has the same healing properties, plus mineral oil so I'm not sure it's worth the price difference. But this product itself is great and I love how it feels on my face.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This stuff is amazing!! I love that it is all natural. I was shocked it didn't clog my pores and thats why I keep coming back to this product. So rare for acne prone skin to find something that doesn't cause one zit.

Only issue with it is I can't get it in Canada, so shipping from States is astronomical. Also, I wish the packaging was different, I don't find it very sanitary when you use your fingers...

I use it every night as my nighttime moisturizer! my skin is so soft from it. Too thick to use during day but it's an awesome hydrating mask for night... This is the greatest moisturizer to use after my glycolic home peels too!

I saw a little squeeze tube of this one day and tried it on a whim. I think I like it. It's definitely nice to have on super cold and windy days. I still prefer Burt's Bees regular lip balm for every day use, but this little product is nice for days you need a little something extra. It also leaves a nice sheen too, which makes lips look healthier.

This product smells very strongly of rosemary, but if you can get over that, it seems to work pretty well. It does have a similar texture to vaseline although I would say it is more oily. I prefer to use shea butter instead of this product on rougher areas (think elbows and feet) because it penetrates better and lasts longer. This product is all right for normal to dry skin, but I think extremely dry, irritated, or chapped skin would require a more heavy-duty product. I think I will stick to my shea butter.

I love this when I need heavy duty moisturizing. At night, I use this on my lips, hands and feet. Keeps everything super soft!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

So i usually buy my face products from Chagrin Valley because they make a great line of stuff for people like me. I have super sensitive rosacea that gets set off by everything. I bought a tube of Waxelene to carry in my purse to replace my Dr Bronners balm that I was using for my lips and hands. WHY didn't i know about this wonderful stuff earlier. It really helps my lips and hands with NO irritation at all. I have been using it in little spots here and there on my face to test the waters. So far so good and it has really helped with my dry itchy spots on my face. I put it on at night after I put my Chagrin Valley Seabuckthorn and Tamanu oil. I tried it this morning after my shower because I had a pesky dry spot that my Chagrin Valley Three Butters balm wouldn't seem to get rid of. It worked great with NO irritation. My face actually feels calm and moisturized. It is expensive but well worth it because a small amount goes a long way. Big bonus is that I can buy it at my local Sprouts store instead of having to order it online like i do my other products. I am a BIG fan of all natural simple products that are good for you. This is a winner.

I love this stuff as a lip balm and weekly moisturizing face mask. I apply on Sunday morning (sometimes over a thin layer of maracuja or argan oil) and lounge around the house with it on all day. I don't use it at night because it would make my mid-length, fine, straight hair oily. But if I go back to a pixie cut, I'd probably try this as a final moisturizer at night. I found the smell a little odd at first, but now I like it.

Edit: I'm now using this on my feet with aloe socks. It is amazing at softening my feet. Even Vaseline never worked this dramatically or fast. Also fantastic on cuticles overnight! I went to my local Natural Grocers and got the small 2 oz size, so I can carry it in my purse. This stuff is wonderful!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've used this product for a really long time and I love it. I use it to remove makeup, it even takes off waterproof mascara. I had a friend visiting from out of town recently, and she forgot to pack her skin care kit, so she used my products. She had never heard of this. Of course, she's a total convert now! She raved so much that I felt compelled to review it.
If you've never tried this, treat yourself. It smells delicious, it's creamy, and it's much better for you than petroleum based products. I also love that it comes in a glass jar, which I save and use to store beads and litte things.

Popular Lotions / Creams