4.7

package quality

price range

Reviews

6 months ago

Holy Grail product! I was looking for a dupe for Urban Decay's YDK, when some MUA reviews led me to this product. I'd never purchased L'Oreal eyeshadow before, especially these funny little pots, but this one bowled me over. Like many others have said, the color is beautiful and multi-faceted on one's lids, which you'd never guess from looking at the package. I find it to be a great dupe for UD's YDK, in fact, I think this shadow is far better! It goes on silky smooth and lasts all day. I typically apply with my finger (sometimes a brush) over Urban Decay's eyelid primer and that's all I need. No more messing around with a three-shadow palette. This one product gives my eyes that little bit of oomph! Compared to what you'd pay for an eyeshadow single from UD or Nars, this drugstore product is a hidden gem. The price is so great - I bought 5 of them and keep them in my bathroom as well as in travel bags.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

2 years ago

This is the perfect brown for me..i have blue eyes and fair skin with redness and a lot of Browns look blah or muddy on me...this one is perfect. The best part is it lasts all day...seriously This is the only drugstore shadow to ever last on me...i could sleep in it and it would still look decent in the morning...my only tip...DONT THROW OUT THAT LITTLE GRAY THING ...hahaha I learned the hard way. It keeps it from breaking up

About reviewer (1040 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

4 years ago

This is one of my favorite eye-shadows! This color is beautiful and so nice and neutral. It is good for work or fun and it goes with everything. I wear it with Milani eye shadow primer (even though it does a darn good job of staying put on its own), eye liner, and mascara. I apply it with a double sided applicator that I purchased at Target that have a sponge-like tip. This shadow feels nice and silky and sort of thick when going on. You only need a few swipes and then it looks nice and even. It lasts all day long! I keep the stopper to the shadow contained in the lid so that it stays put and won't crack if I take it somewhere. I have travelled with this shadow in my checked suitcase many times and have never had an issue with it cracking. I can see the color being flattering on multiple skin tones and eye colors. I have these L'Oreal shadows in multiple colors - I really don't use anything else!

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

from

4 years ago

This is my 'one and done'. Monday through Friday when I'm getting ready for work, I buff this into my lid w/ an ecoTools eye blend brush (the two sided one) and that's it. It's so foolproof, I can do it at my desk at work. Mascara, concealer, lip gloss and I look like I spent a lot more time on my face than I did. I love how depending on the light and way you turn your head, it looks more silvery or like chocolate-champagne-taupe. The texture is what I'd call a creamy powder, though it's not a cream at all. I keep the stopper in the lid and could care less that the packaging is plastic and not glass. This stuff is seriously foolproof and could probably be applied with your fingers, if you're into that. I use it daily during the workweek and after about 12 months, I hit pan. I use a primer with this mostly because it's habit. I wouldn't bother using a pricey primer with this if you'll only use this one color since it's pretty long lasting and doesn't crease on me so I don't think you need anything more than a few bucks (I use Palladio). If I'm doing a day-to-night look with this, all I have to add is liner-- and a crease color if I'm feeling fancy.

About reviewer (44 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Dark, Neutral

HairBrown, Relaxed, Coarse

4 years ago

Easy one-shadow product for work, formal occasions, and whenever I need to look professional. Lookit at all that taupey goodness! I pack this in my travel bag for easy application. Dab with finger, blend on eyelid over primer, done. It's pigmented, lasts long, very beautiful color with an appropriate amount of shimmer. These were what I wished the ColorPop eyeshadows could be. Packaging wise, I have no complaints. I've owned this for over a year and the product hasn't dried out or smell funny yet. I like this color paired with deep plum, dark brown, or black eyeliners. It's relatively versatile. I'm Asian with NC 33-35 skin and it suits me very well.

About reviewer (134 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

4 years ago

This is a perfect shadow to do a brown smokey eye with. I like to pair this with a champagne shadow on the lid and this in the crease, but it goes with so many things. The color is shimmery and pigmented and to me looks more dark brown than taupe. The only thing I didn't like was how crumbly the shadow was and that it shattered eventually, but the little stopper inside the lid kept this shadow intact until I ran out.

About reviewer (129 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Other, Fine

EyesHazel

1.0

4 years ago

I really want to like this product but its no better than any other drugstore eyeshadow. The color is so beautiful, a cool-toned taupe (its not coppery like it looks on packaging). Its similar to MAC Satin Taupe though not quite as violet underbased. It is a loose shadow in a pot with a plastic stopper (do not throw this out). It appears quite sparkly but applies as a fine shimmer. I found it best to smear over my lid with my fingers, or pat product with a dense brush to minimize fall out. But even over primer (I always wear primer, TFSI or UD) I find this shadow only lasts about three hours and begins to fade and crease horribly. If I apply more the creasing becomes worse. Its okay to wear over weekend for a couple hours but not for a full day workload. I only paid $5 USD (had a coupon, I think its costs closer to $10) but its not even worth that. Nothing against L'Oreal as I find their single matte shadows are pretty decent. I will not repurchase any other shadows from Infallible line though.

About reviewer (52 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

4 years ago

I love this product. Great bang for your buck. The pigmentation is excellent and it is a long wear shadow. It definitely rivals the more expensive brands. It goes on easily and makes your eyes stand out for all the right reasons!

About reviewer (21 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Medium

HairBrunette

4 years ago

I lurve these little eyeshadows!! I have bronzed taupe, eternal sunshine, iced latte, liquid diamonds, & Amber rush. I love them all can't pick a fave. Bronzed taupe is kind of similar to MAC Satin Taupe but it is a chameleon color morphing from bronze to grey to plummy shimmer in the light & as it sort of oxidizes or changes as the time passes. It is a beautiful color. The shimmer isn't too OTT & def doesn't look cheap. I like the stopper packaging. The way I apply this is w my finger or else a bent angle eyeliner brush if I'm gonna line underneath my eyes near waterline as a type of eyeliner. It is really pretty worn like that. This e/s is a bit $$$ for a DS single but WORTH EVERY PENNY!! Bronzed Taupe is downtown triple crown!

About reviewer (2417 reviews)

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

4 years ago

This was my first purchase of L'Oreal eye shadow. I am moving out of the high end expensive products I have used for years. The first L'Oreal product I changed to was foundation. I picked up the new Lumi liquid and fell instantly in love with it. I digress, back to this eye shadow. I INSTANTLY fell in love with this shadow. Love the formula it glides on like SILK and lasts until you take it of. I don't know how to precisely descried the texture because it's a shimmer that to me looked very shimmery in the pot but it turned to a soft subtle shimmer not glittery chunks. When I applied it with an IT cosmetics brush if felt like BUTTAH! The color it's self is gorgeous just as described a "bronzed taupe". I just placed an Ulta order for the Cocoa and Plum colors and can't wait to try them also. It hands down beats MAC and Urban Decay in my book. BUY it you won't regret it!

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age56 & Over