Viviscal

Viviscal
ViviscalViviscal Hair Repair IngredientsViviscal

3.3

Tablet weight: 512 mg Each tablet contains Shark cartilage (Mako, Tiger, Dogfish) 250 mg Oyster (oyster meat) 50 mg Acerola cherry (Malpighia punicfolia, Berries) (std. 25% Vitamin C) 120 mg Silica (Equestrian arvense) Aerial parts 2.7 mg Non-medicinal Ingredients: Glycerin, hydropropyl methycellulose, Magnesium stearate, maltodextrin, Microcrystalline cellulose, orange flavouring, Silicon dioxide.

on 8/14/2018 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Ordered this product directly from the company and they billed me $65.00 They sent me a package I did not order and then put me in their auto subscribe program. I called them to return the products and cancel all future shipments. They told me that they did all their returns by US mail so I had to wait for the return label... another 7-10 business days.. than I had to return the package and of course no credit until they received the package... and to add insult to injury they proceeded to bill me $40 for their auto subscribe program, while I have absolutely nothing in my hands and over $100 of my money in their hands. So I called again and guess what I was told another 7-10 business days before they would credit my account as they had just received the return package.

In todays online marketing almost everyone offers return labels by email or a link to print... so that these returns are seamless and credits are often issued with the proof of shipment such as a tracking number. How does Viviscal think they can do this to THEIR CUSTOMERS? Beyond me

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Ok, just in case you were wondering...the somewhat vague 'promotes existing hair growth from within' text on the packaging of Viviscal is only written because in certain countries (mostly European) hair loss products are not allowed to state 'stop hair loss' or any similar wording, as that categorizes the product as a medicine - with a whole bunch of complicated criteria involved in getting the product onto the market. And how do I know this? Because I asked the manufacturers of my HG hair loss product as to why they were so vague with their own products' wording and claims, and they told me there are different rules for products in the UK and Europe compared to the U.S - which is much more relaxed when it comes to product claims and wording.

Now, onto Viviscal itself... approximately 7 years ago I purchased this online (a 9 month pack) and took my dosage at the specified intervals every day, until I had gone through the entire course. I purchased this, not due to reviews or hype, but because I had read the ingredients list on the back of the tablets' packaging and identified quite a few of the ingredients as being beneficial for people suffering from hair loss (Zinc, Horsetail extract and Vit C, amongst others).

Although I'm not a vegetarian or vegan (but am working towards being) I did still notice some of the ingredients are animal-derived, somewhat to my dismay. But despite that, I figured with all the beneficial ingredients included, this will work for me. But did it? Unfortunately not. I stuck with this religiously but did not see any difference in the amount of hair shedding, nor the thickness of my existing hair. By the end of the 9 month course I took a photo of my hairline and compared it to one taken the previous year, just before I had started the course of Viviscal. The difference was not obvious in any way. I could have taken the same pictures a few weeks apart and it would have looked the same as the 9 month before and after that I took.

Thankfully no side-effects (obviously as ingredients were more or less totally natural-derived) but also no positive effects for my hair either. I had high hopes for this but nothing as such materialized. I'm guessing that this is one of those products that works for some but doesn't for others, as per the reviews before mine - many positive and an equal number negative. Sad to say my experience falls into the latter :/

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled many 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 8/3/2018 8:25:00 PM

Stopped my hair falling out which is why i bought it. Is my hair longer.. I'm not sure its already pretty long(waist). Not sure if my cycles are affected since I have what feels like the worst periods of anyone on planet earth (due to endo) but the I'm grateful for the reviews that mentioned this being possible. Within the first few wks of taking I stopped shedding so much hair.

on 1/10/2018 3:31:00 PM

Don't listen to reviews of people who used this product for less than 6 months. This product in a long term commitment. It took me 18 months to go from brittle thin hair, to shiny ticker longer hair. This is not an over-night sensation product. It takes time to work. Hair only grows 1/2 inch per month after all. I love this project. It makes my hair look beautiful. I have very thin fine hair and with Viviscal I can grow it past my shoulders. I'm also 46 and have had 2 babies.

on 7/26/2017 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Please don't waste your hard earned $ on this product. I purchase a 3 month supply from my local CVS and used it religiously during that time. It did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for my hair. Just for reference I'm 59 years old with hair damaged from coloring and I think thinning from aging. No other history of medical condition that would cause general overall thinning so really hoped that Viviscal would do something to restore my locks. I saw no difference at all after the 3 months and if anything my hair is actually thinner.
Please don't buy this. I believe it's a scam. Biotin 5000 mcg daily will do just as much for your hair, and without the obvious super high cost.

Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have been using Viviscal for 2 months. I have missed 3 doses .Yesterday, while in the shower i noticed the most hair shedding I have EVER seen. I'm afraid to keep using this product. I don't know why this is now happening. This is the only change in my life so I'm sure it is the result of using this product.

on 5/26/2017 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

SO HAPPY WITH THIS!!

I've only taken it about 2 months, and I really wasn't sure it would work. I had thinned out hair due to past multiple bleach damage, plus lots of split ends and frizz. When I started taking this, I didn't notice any positive change in my hair at all - if anything it looked thin and tangly and greasy (that could also in part be due to the fact that I was sick with Cat Scratch Fever which I caught from my kitty - I'm now being treated for it.) I also freaked out in the earlier days because I started to notice I was shedding these really, really tiny, thin very short strands -- and that made me panic that the hair bulbs were "dying" or something.

I decided it was another expensive bust. But I still kept taking it, regardless. Well, I'm SO GLAD I DID. Because not only did that tiny hair strand stuff stop shedding, but I've been noticing tiny baby hairs all over my scalp for a while now. And now, after 2 months of Viviscal (I was even pretty erratic with it at times, but I did finish 2 boxes completely) my hair is sooo much longer, thicker (not my imagination), and naturally shinier too.

I've only done 2 months!! And I got this much positive length and thickening, despite being sick! This stuff really works... Even my mom noticed and commented spontaneously, and at first i didn't believe her but I objectively noticed how much thicker it looked in the mirror when out shopping yesterday!

It's still not my goal thickness but is way thicker than it was before. I'm pretty sure 6 months of this will be amazing for my hair (and even my skin seems brighter.) Can't say I've particularly noticed a change in my nails though, but again that wasn't my target or concern. Very happy and looking fwd to 4 more months! Possibly more for maintenance. 5 stars!! <3 ★★★★★

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I have been using Vivscal on and off for about two years now. The inconsistency is usually due to the monthly cost of maintaining a Viviscal regimen. BUT WITH THAT OUT OF THE WAY.... Viviscal is a HG product in my hair care wardrobe. The company recommends taking these supplements for ninety days to see results, but somehow with my hair I see results within two weeks each time i start taking them. Seems to good to be true but it works! My hair health is great all around with Viviscal-- hair luster, volume, etc.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This stuff actually works... took an adjustment phase for me because I did break out the first few weeks but after that my skin was in better condition than it was before I started taking the supplements.... I have PCOS which was the cause of my thinning hair and so far I cant say thst i will ever stop taking Viviscal... The price was a bit steep for my personal liking but I fixed that when I joined there little monthly subscription option... so that took it from $40 something to $32.00 a month which i can live with plus it comes with coupons in the box .... Im taking one of the coupons to Bed Bath & Beyond to try Viviscals shampoo and conditioner that claims to thicken hair etc etc... Ive never used thickening shampoos but I have used hair fibers so why not lol...

I have been using this for about 4 1/2 months now. My reason for using this was thinning scalp which hadn't recovered from a massive shed. It took a good few months to kick in but at this point in time my ponytail circumference has increased by 1/4 inch. It also seems to have sped up my growth which nothing else has seemed to manage, and believe me I've tried the lot!!! Initially I suffered mild insomnia but this went away after about 3 weeks. I just started taking the tablet earlier in the evening until my body got used to it. I had no extra shedding. For me it has been worth every penny, because it is a very expensive pill if it doesn't work.