image 1image 2image 3

3.2

Tablet weight: 512 mg Each tablet contains Shark cartilage (Mako, Tiger, Dogfish) 250 mg Oyster (oyster meat) 50 mg Acerola cherry (Malpighia punicfolia, Berries) (std. 25% Vitamin C) 120 mg Silica (Equestrian arvense) Aerial parts 2.7 mg Non-medicinal Ingredients: Glycerin, hydropropyl methycellulose, Magnesium stearate, maltodextrin, Microcrystalline cellulose, orange flavouring, Silicon dioxide.

I have been using this for about 4 1/2 months now. My reason for using this was thinning scalp which hadn't recovered from a massive shed. It took a good few months to kick in but at this point in time my ponytail circumference has increased by 1/4 inch. It also seems to have sped up my growth which nothing else has seemed to manage, and believe me I've tried the lot!!! Initially I suffered mild insomnia but this went away after about 3 weeks. I just started taking the tablet earlier in the evening until my body got used to it. I had no extra shedding. For me it has been worth every penny, because it is a very expensive pill if it doesn't work.

I used this faithfully for 7 months and it did nothing. I was born with fine,thin hair, so maybe that is the reason it didn't work for me.I had no bad side effects. I probably would have kept using it for longer if it wasn't so expensive. I think one reason thin hair products are so expensive in general is because the companies know how desperate thin hair can make a person. On a happy side note,i began using head and shoulders shampoo 5 months ago and noticed my hair began growing in thicker! Even my wide part looks like a normal part now! So don't give up.a solution might be right around the corner!

To Read all 58 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/3/2016 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I started taking Viviscal in April of 2015 due to trauma to my hair caused by a series of unexpected events (bad water, bad curling iron) that made my hair both fall out and break off. My hairdresser couldn't believe what was happening to my hair. I took 2 pills per day as recommended. I tolerated them well but what i noticed is that the pills from Amazon were different from the pills from Target or retail stores. I don't think I'd buy these from Amazon or the like. I did notice less shed almost immediately and the breaking was getting better within a month or two. IF YOU'RE GOING TO TRY THIS PRODUCT NOTE THIS:
1.) It takes time...at least 6 mos and many take 1 pill per day ongoing. For me, I saw the extent of the improvement to my hair by the 5th month.
2.) Don't buy from Amazon, the pills are not the same, nor is the packaging. The bubble packs that the pills come in are different and there are pix online to show the difference in the bubble pack pill card as well in difference in color to the pills.
3.) The amino mar is controversial. She ingredient being shark raises eyebrows and there are health concerns with the sharks diet being passed to humans, as some of what they eat isn't healthy for us. It didn't stop me from taking it but it did make me stop and think....
4.) The last time I physically felt this way I was on the pill:
weight gain
bloating
irregular periods ( long cycles, short cycles, bleeding in-between...
breast tenderness
5.) The greasy hair thing really happens, be ready to shampoo more often.

I first thought that my symptoms/side effects were age-related because I am in my mid-40's. Yet I had all the blood work and tests done to prove that my hormones are still at pre (not peri) menopausal levels. So, I stopped taking the viviscal in January and low and behold, by March my cycle regulated completely!!!! I just started taking them again (May '16) because I miss the rate o growth that I was experiencing and want to keep my hair....and I'm already off kilter again...day 12 bleeding, cramping and painful breasts not to mention I am bloated. SO.....MY QUESTION IS THIS, WHAT IS IN VIVISCAL THAT BOTH CAUSES HAIR GROWTH AND CHANGES MENSTRUAL CYCLES!? Other supplements give dosages and percentages and vivisal doesn't, so I feel the labeling is vague and perhaps something in these is more like a hormone??? Anyone else have this happen?

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

It took about five months, but my new growth is definitely thicker (more dense, I should say) and shedding has decreased significantly. I'm never going to have uber thick hair, but there is a noticeable difference in the fullness of my hair compared to a year ago. My hair still grows very slowly unless I excercise, so Viviscal hasn't increased the rate of growth for me.

I had low expectations when I started, so I am pleasantly surprised by the results. The only downfall is the rest of the hair on my body is reaping the benefits as well! lol

on 4/23/2016 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Only took this for 3-4 weeks and have gained 4 lbs. also have been very crampy and bloated. Threw them away.

This review is for the Viviscal Gorgeous Growth Densifying Conditioner, which MUA won't let me add as a new product for some reason.
I've tried the supplements a year ago, but they broke me out and upset my stomach.
I came across this conditioner at Walgreens a couple of weeks ago and I've used it a handful of times so far. This is a decent conditioner for the price that moisturizers my hair and does add a heaviness to it that I'm unsure if I like. I prefer the Bumble thickening conditioner, but this is decent for the price.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

So...I'm in my late thirties, I have never had a child, I'm not on the Pill, I have always had fine hair BUT a crap-ton of it. Just as background.
But over the last year I have lost hair at an unbelievable rate.
I have no bald patches and the hair loss isn't confined to one area...it's from everywhere. To the point where,as I'm gently working gentle shampoo or co-wash through it, it comes out in tufts like a chemo patient. It also seemed to stop growing; it stayed the same length and I could go five months between cuts.
I don't know why. Blood tests are normal. I coincidentally noticed this started after using the 'Clear' line and when I saw others saying the same, I stopped using that, natch. But it went on.

Co-washing helps a bit. But I also started taking this pill and a prenatal vitamin (specifically the Honest Company prenatal).
I have not stopped shedding excessively but I shed LESS excessively than before. I haven't noticed more hair but I don't really know what to look for. How do you tell between baby hairs and hairs that broke off? IDK. I'm guessing they are baby hairs cause breakage wasn't the problem before...the whole hair was coming out by the root.

My hairdresser definitely noticed; she says it's growing a lot faster. I do notice my eyebrows need plucking and legs need shaving more. Not thrilled about THAT but I'll take it.

I will say the Viviscal makes me super nauseous if I don't take it on a full tummy.
Be sure to take with food.
I also can only take one pill a day not two or I get queasy, so maybe that's why I don't see full results.

But I mean, you gotta pick your poison. Queasy or bald? I've repurchased because I can tell it does work. I do buy from Amazon because it's 10-20 dollars cheaper. ( I make sure to only buy FROM AMAZON itself, not one of their third party sellers, because I don't want to ingest some Chinese knock-off).
Try it but be willing to give it months, not days or weeks. Hair cannot shoot out of your scalp overnight, after all.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

It worked for we. After 3 months my hair was thicker (!) and grew faster. Great product. I have temporarily quit it because I'm trying to conceive and it is unknown if Viviscal can be harmful to foetus. I have tried various pills and vitamins like biotin but nothing works like this.

I have used Viviscal for 6+ months, and I'm done. I tried, ladies, I did.

Not only was the packaging inconsistent (I bought from Amazon, so who knows what I got), but my hair grew no more or less than what it normally does. I have the crappy dye job that won't die to prove it. 6 inches in a year -- half of that taking the Viviscal.

I'll grant you, on the Viviscal I lose less hair. My eyebrows, eyelashes, and nails all very clearly benefited from my taking it. However, you can get that with a good multivitamin that contains zinc and folic acid and biotin. Forking over $30-$40 every month is ridiculous. It works no more or less or better or worse than any other product on the market. This amino mar complex? Use fish oil.

on 10/15/2015 1:06:00 PM

I started using Viviscal to keep the hair I have. Female baldness runs in my family and I didn't want to be the next victim. After about a month or so of taking two pills a day, as directed on the package, my hair started to fall out in excess and I eventually broke out into a rash (from face to belly and back), so severe it required me to go to the emergency room. I've never had any prior allergies and have done nothing differently except to take Viviscal during that time. Thinking the allergic reaction may have been from something I ate, I continued taking the pills. Nevertheless, my hair continued to fall out. I decided to stop the Viviscal after reading some negative reviews on the Internet and miraculously, after a few weeks, my hair stopped falling out. I will never know for sure it was the Viviscal that caused these negative reactions, but under the circumstances I can only surmise. I am now stuck with four packages I can no longer use. Naturally very disappointed, but happy for those who have found positive results with the product.

Popular Hair Treatments