Viviscal

Viviscal
ViviscalViviscal Hair Repair IngredientsViviscal

3.2

Tablet weight: 512 mg Each tablet contains Shark cartilage (Mako, Tiger, Dogfish) 250 mg Oyster (oyster meat) 50 mg Acerola cherry (Malpighia punicfolia, Berries) (std. 25% Vitamin C) 120 mg Silica (Equestrian arvense) Aerial parts 2.7 mg Non-medicinal Ingredients: Glycerin, hydropropyl methycellulose, Magnesium stearate, maltodextrin, Microcrystalline cellulose, orange flavouring, Silicon dioxide.

on 7/26/2017 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Please don't waste your hard earned $ on this product. I purchase a 3 month supply from my local CVS and used it religiously during that time. It did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for my hair. Just for reference I'm 59 years old with hair damaged from coloring and I think thinning from aging. No other history of medical condition that would cause general overall thinning so really hoped that Viviscal would do something to restore my locks. I saw no difference at all after the 3 months and if anything my hair is actually thinner.
Please don't buy this. I believe it's a scam. Biotin 5000 mcg daily will do just as much for your hair, and without the obvious super high cost.

Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have been using Viviscal for 2 months. I have missed 3 doses .Yesterday, while in the shower i noticed the most hair shedding I have EVER seen. I'm afraid to keep using this product. I don't know why this is now happening. This is the only change in my life so I'm sure it is the result of using this product.

I have been using this for about 4 1/2 months now. My reason for using this was thinning scalp which hadn't recovered from a massive shed. It took a good few months to kick in but at this point in time my ponytail circumference has increased by 1/4 inch. It also seems to have sped up my growth which nothing else has seemed to manage, and believe me I've tried the lot!!! Initially I suffered mild insomnia but this went away after about 3 weeks. I just started taking the tablet earlier in the evening until my body got used to it. I had no extra shedding. For me it has been worth every penny, because it is a very expensive pill if it doesn't work.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I have been using Vivscal on and off for about two years now. The inconsistency is usually due to the monthly cost of maintaining a Viviscal regimen. BUT WITH THAT OUT OF THE WAY.... Viviscal is a HG product in my hair care wardrobe. The company recommends taking these supplements for ninety days to see results, but somehow with my hair I see results within two weeks each time i start taking them. Seems to good to be true but it works! My hair health is great all around with Viviscal-- hair luster, volume, etc.

on 5/26/2017 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

SO HAPPY WITH THIS!!

I've only taken it about 2 months, and I really wasn't sure it would work. I had thinned out hair due to past multiple bleach damage, plus lots of split ends and frizz. When I started taking this, I didn't notice any positive change in my hair at all - if anything it looked thin and tangly and greasy (that could also in part be due to the fact that I was sick with Cat Scratch Fever which I caught from my kitty - I'm now being treated for it.) I also freaked out in the earlier days because I started to notice I was shedding these really, really tiny, thin very short strands -- and that made me panic that the hair bulbs were "dying" or something.

I decided it was another expensive bust. But I still kept taking it, regardless. Well, I'm SO GLAD I DID. Because not only did that tiny hair strand stuff stop shedding, but I've been noticing tiny baby hairs all over my scalp for a while now. And now, after 2 months of Viviscal (I was even pretty erratic with it at times, but I did finish 2 boxes completely) my hair is sooo much longer, thicker (not my imagination), and naturally shinier too.

I've only done 2 months!! And I got this much positive length and thickening, despite being sick! This stuff really works... Even my mom noticed and commented spontaneously, and at first i didn't believe her but I objectively noticed how much thicker it looked in the mirror when out shopping yesterday!

It's still not my goal thickness but is way thicker than it was before. I'm pretty sure 6 months of this will be amazing for my hair (and even my skin seems brighter.) Can't say I've particularly noticed a change in my nails though, but again that wasn't my target or concern. Very happy and looking fwd to 4 more months! Possibly more for maintenance. 5 stars!! <3 ★★★★★

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This stuff actually works... took an adjustment phase for me because I did break out the first few weeks but after that my skin was in better condition than it was before I started taking the supplements.... I have PCOS which was the cause of my thinning hair and so far I cant say thst i will ever stop taking Viviscal... The price was a bit steep for my personal liking but I fixed that when I joined there little monthly subscription option... so that took it from $40 something to $32.00 a month which i can live with plus it comes with coupons in the box .... Im taking one of the coupons to Bed Bath & Beyond to try Viviscals shampoo and conditioner that claims to thicken hair etc etc... Ive never used thickening shampoos but I have used hair fibers so why not lol...

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

It took about five months, but my new growth is definitely thicker (more dense, I should say) and shedding has decreased significantly. I'm never going to have uber thick hair, but there is a noticeable difference in the fullness of my hair compared to a year ago. My hair still grows very slowly unless I excercise, so Viviscal hasn't increased the rate of growth for me.

I had low expectations when I started, so I am pleasantly surprised by the results. The only downfall is the rest of the hair on my body is reaping the benefits as well! lol

I used this faithfully for 7 months and it did nothing. I was born with fine,thin hair, so maybe that is the reason it didn't work for me.I had no bad side effects. I probably would have kept using it for longer if it wasn't so expensive. I think one reason thin hair products are so expensive in general is because the companies know how desperate thin hair can make a person. On a happy side note,i began using head and shoulders shampoo 5 months ago and noticed my hair began growing in thicker! Even my wide part looks like a normal part now! So don't give up.a solution might be right around the corner!

on 4/23/2016 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Only took this for 3-4 weeks and have gained 4 lbs. also have been very crampy and bloated. Threw them away.

on 6/3/2016 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I started taking Viviscal in April of 2015 due to trauma to my hair caused by a series of unexpected events (bad water, bad curling iron) that made my hair both fall out and break off. My hairdresser couldn't believe what was happening to my hair. I took 2 pills per day as recommended. I tolerated them well but what i noticed is that the pills from Amazon were different from the pills from Target or retail stores. I don't think I'd buy these from Amazon or the like. I did notice less shed almost immediately and the breaking was getting better within a month or two. IF YOU'RE GOING TO TRY THIS PRODUCT NOTE THIS:
1.) It takes time...at least 6 mos and many take 1 pill per day ongoing. For me, I saw the extent of the improvement to my hair by the 5th month.
2.) Don't buy from Amazon, the pills are not the same, nor is the packaging. The bubble packs that the pills come in are different and there are pix online to show the difference in the bubble pack pill card as well in difference in color to the pills.
3.) The amino mar is controversial. She ingredient being shark raises eyebrows and there are health concerns with the sharks diet being passed to humans, as some of what they eat isn't healthy for us. It didn't stop me from taking it but it did make me stop and think....
4.) The last time I physically felt this way I was on the pill:
weight gain
bloating
irregular periods ( long cycles, short cycles, bleeding in-between...
breast tenderness
5.) The greasy hair thing really happens, be ready to shampoo more often.

I first thought that my symptoms/side effects were age-related because I am in my mid-40's. Yet I had all the blood work and tests done to prove that my hormones are still at pre (not peri) menopausal levels. So, I stopped taking the viviscal in January and low and behold, by March my cycle regulated completely!!!! I just started taking them again (May '16) because I miss the rate o growth that I was experiencing and want to keep my hair....and I'm already off kilter again...day 12 bleeding, cramping and painful breasts not to mention I am bloated. SO.....MY QUESTION IS THIS, WHAT IS IN VIVISCAL THAT BOTH CAUSES HAIR GROWTH AND CHANGES MENSTRUAL CYCLES!? Other supplements give dosages and percentages and vivisal doesn't, so I feel the labeling is vague and perhaps something in these is more like a hormone??? Anyone else have this happen?