essence Gel Eyeliner - Midnight In Paris

4.4

ISODODECANE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, PARAFFIN, MICA, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES), CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE).

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I stumbled on this gel eyeliner with raving reviews and at the price of $3.99, I just had to try it! The top goes on tightly, which is important for keeping the product from drying out. On first use I thought it was a tad hard on the outside, but once you get through that tiny top layer the gel is smooth. It is incredibly easy to apply as it glides well due to not being too dry and it has excellent pigmentation. I did find that warming it up a little helped first and that if you did not use it for awhile the product could get a little harder. The eyeliner lasts all day and given how cheap and easy to use it is I can say I will definitely repurchase it!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I do a tight line on my eyes most days and this is the ONLY eyeliner that doesn't smear/disappear in a hot second. It stays put, and stays a true black. It also doesn't irritate my eyes, which is a huge plus, because a lot of the eyeliners I have tried have really bothered my eyes. The consistency is very creamy, the pot seals well so it doesn't dry out quickly and it's CHEAP! Honestly, it is one of the best gel eyeliners on the market. LOVE IT.

I have purchased this product twice and still don’t get the hype. People love and recommend this eyeliner here on MUA and on YT. For me, the product does not want to stick to the brush (I bought the eyeliner brush from Essence as well). After dipping my brush in, I wipe the excess on the side of the jar and them when I go to apply.....nothings there. Someone suggested putting the product in the lid and get the product from there, but still nothing. I wound up going straight from the jar and then of course it was too much. I threw the first jar away. After a few months and tons of raves I bought it again hoping I had a bad one originally, but I had the same problems.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

It was not long wearing even with a primer and the container didn't seal well enough so the product dried out. Maybe mine was a dud.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have tried quite a few cream/gel liners while trying to find the perfect one. This is the winner! I don't know why it is different than others, but it is. It glides on with no skipping. It is very pigmented, not turning gray toward the end of my strokes. It lasts all day on my ultra-oily skin. I am so thrilled with this eyeliner being so good and SO CHEAP. Essence seems to be really good at eyeliners. I can imagine this pot will last a year or more, but since it's so cheap it's nbd to buy a new one if this one gets dry.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It's cheap, made in Germany. It's better than the maybelline or loreal ones but it still smudges on my eyes at the end of the day. The colour is jet black. I tried to set with powder but I get panda eyes at the end of the day.

Excellent staying power and definitely my HG. I use eyeliner everyday and this one is my favourite. I have previously used the Loreal, NYX, Revlon, and Maybelline's gel liner pot but this one is my favourite because of the staying power. I am able to line my waterline with this which makes it a winner! I find that the pot dries out quickly and I'll find it to start falling out onto my skin once the pot begins to dry out, but when it only costs $3.99 at Shoppers Drug Mart here in Canada, it's totally manageable and I just buy a new pot. Super cheap!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This gel liner is an excellent value for the price, and I would never again pay high end money for a gel liner because this one is just as good! The pigmentation is great and it is a nice, rich black that dries matte. I feel like this gel liner lasts really well, at least as well or better compared to higher end ones that I have used, even when my left eye gets super-watery. (Note: I only use it on the top lashline, so I can't really speak to the wear on the lower lashline or in the waterline.) I will definitely repurchase if I ever manage to use it up.

The best eyeliner I have tried! I docked off a lippie because it claims to be waterproof but it does smudge with water. (I don't really mind I don't need it to be waterproof but it is still advertised as waterproof). It's cheap, pigmented, and lasts all day. It's so creamy and easy to work with. I use the little eyeliner brush that essence sells and it works amazingly. I couldn't find it for a while and thought it was discontinued, but I finally found it again and I'm so happy. The amount of product is a bit smaller than I remember, but it's okay. It's still a very good price. I'll never buy another gel eyeliner again!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This gel liner is around ~$4 USD and can be found at Ulta. I can confidently say that this eyeliner has great lasting power and minimal smudging/flaking even on my difficult eyes/skin that refuse to let any eyeliner or mascara stay. Color is a nice, matte black and it applies well (no tugging/pulling). My sensitive eyes and skin did not have any adverse reaction to it. I would recommend this eyeliner to others and would repurchase.