67%
package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

Have worn this for 28 years (I'm 51 now) and I get compliments EVERY time I wear it! It lasts FOREVER and lingers on my clothes...layer with the lotion and powder and it is not going anywhere til you wash it off!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

2 years ago

Oh gosh. The product popped by chance here on MUA. This was the scent I wore for my wedding in 2011. It’s all lily! Even before gaining the sentiment associated with my wedding, it always smelled like a romantic early summer afternoon.

Age30-35

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

2 years ago

Recently was turned on to this fragrance and it's been my latest favorite. To give an idea of what other scents I've liked, they include Origins Ginger Essence, Guerlain's Mitsouko, Hermes Eau de Merveilles, Jo Malone's citrus scents, Clinique Aromatics Elixir, Bath/Body Works White Tea Ginger, Geoffrey Beene Red (OLD), and Atkinson's California Poppy (VERY OLD). Jessica McClintock makes me feel like I'm standing in a fragrant meadow and even though the scent isn't grassy, that's what it makes me think of. It has a freshness and is not sweet or cloying. The problem is it DOES NOT LAST. There is a big quality deficit in the current version that's offered and you can tell by the color - the current version is colorless, while the original product was golden, probably indicating a higher oil quantity. The company was bought out by a Canadian firm some years ago so while the scent is still lovely, the quality is probably a tenth of what it was. However, the price is cheap enough that I can keep an atomizer with me to keep applying throughout the day. My husband loves it and I always get compliments on it and the scent does linger sometimes on my clothes, which I like. The bottle is pretty but has poor ergonomics, just like most of the idiotic bottles used today. Amazing how manufacturers can't get right a simple spray bottle that fits well into a woman's hand.

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Medium

HairSilver

2 years ago

This fragrance is absolutely divine, soft, dreamy and romantic. It is a very mature and refined scent. It is so crisp and so beautiful. When I smell it I imagine a very classy girl wearing a silk top. This fragrance is ALL FLORAL, no sweetness at all to this gem of a perfume. Think of lily of the valley with a touch of lilac and lemons. Heavenly! The bottle is just as feminine with a cameo of Jessica's initials. This is one of my favorite floral perfumes. I wore it on my birthday recently and was complimented on it by my date and waitress ♥ It is perfect in the springtime when the birds are chirping. Delightful and blissful...

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium, Cool

HairOther, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

3 years ago

I have ticked yes to repurchasing this, but really, I'm torn. I was hoping this would be a good substitute for Diorissimo eau de parfum, but it's not. It lacks the animalic radiance of Diorissimo, and it becomes very soapy on the drydown. This starts off fresh, green, lemony, delicious - a green, still wet with dew, lily of the valley with phenomenal lasting power. It sweetens and becomes quite creamy and soapy on me. I wish the top notes would hang around longer. As it is, it ends up smelling, on me at least, like a very good quality hand cream, or the lather of a finely milled soap that is scented with lily of the valley. Still, it's a very decent lily of the valley fragrance, and it lasts all day. It's a crowd pleaser, I've had quite a few compliments on it, but beware of using it in crowded spaces. I can't wear it to work because it gives one of my co-workers migranes (Diorissimo doesn't). I will certainly use up my 100ml bottle, but it won't take the place of Diorissimo.

About reviewer (816 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

4 years ago

Wow a lily of the valley scent that lasts! Beautiful white floral, perfect for a bride or as a summer wedding guest. If you like your LOTV green (Muguet des Bois) or aquatic (Pure White Linen), you may dislike this one as it has a sweet hyacinth note. Personally I love it and being in the UK I stockpile. Lovely stuff.

About reviewer (325 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

4 years ago

Like a bride adorned for her prince charming on her wedding day with her beautiful gown, veil, and bouquet brimming over with lily of the valley is how i like to think of this exquisite fragrance. This perfume of perfumery art at its finest. I love lily of the valley and Jessica McClintock is probably the best representation of that delicate, innocent little flower. I know Diorissimo is considered the best and while that is a beautiful representation of the flower as well i think this perfume tops it by just a little bit. Even the cap is pretty with its lily of the valley blooms impressed upon it. It is very long lasting and projects extremely well. I went to an open air flea market today and as i was walking around looking at things i overheard a woman say to her child that something smells good and then i got another compliment on it when i got over my friend's house. This scent is a simply divine. It is a linear fragrance which i think suits this perfume just fine. Also, i think this fragrance is best suited for cooler, crisper temperatures as it brings out the beautiful lily note. The perfect wedding day scent.

About reviewer (518 reviews)

SkinNormal, Other

HairBrown

EyesHazel

4 years ago

I feel like this is a fragrance you will either love or hate, and I love it. It is a pure floral boquet, I don't smell any other notes besides floral-maybe powder. If you LOVE lily of the valley and hyacinth, you will enjoy this. Ten years ago, I was working as a waitress. My manager (female) smelled so lovely always, and upon asking I found out this is what she wore. Straight after work I bought a bottle of this and it became one of my staple scents. I have not had this perfume for five years or so (forgot about it) and was just reminded of it. I can not wait to get my hands on another bottle.

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

EyesGray

5 years ago

A friend of mine was wearing this the other day, and I was wowed. This is my kind of scent: a warm citrusy white floral. Top notes are cassia, basil, ylang-ylang, bergamot, black currant and lemon; middle notes are jasmine, lily-of-the-valley and rose; base notes are musk and woody notes. Reminded me of Gap's Heaven.

About reviewer (3510 reviews)

SkinOily, Olive, Cool

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

1.0

6 years ago

Oy. This is NOT my cup of tea. I received this as a gift. This is very cloying and gives me a headache, though I'm not usually sensitive to scents. I love the fragrance of Lily of the valley, and this doesn't smell like it to me. The scent of this lasts a long time, although that's not a positive thing to me. LOL

About reviewer (312 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Neutral