Agent Provocateur Body Sauce

No Image

4.3

on 6/26/2007 4:28:00 PM

Ooooh, sex in a bottle!
I love this even more than I do the EDP. The scent works so well with my chemistry. It's the sort of scent that doesn't seem to work for most people, by the way. It conjures up very sexy thoughts. It definitely reminds me of a hot, sweaty session in the sack, in the most gorgeous way possible.
Saffron is one of the top notes, and it's definitely more evident in the Sauce, moreso than in the EDP. I cook with real saffron quite a bit, which I find to be a rather enticing scent. The coriander also shines through a bit more with the Sauce, as well.
It definitely has a musky quality to it. I find most musk scents to smell like cheap rubbish, but this one is so lovely, and so sensual.
The scent lasts a long time on me, and even moreso when I layer with the EDP. I use Fracas bath/shower gel and it melds so nicely with it. In fact, I think they compliment each other beautifully!
While it's not terribly moisturising, it does keep the skin nice and dewy. The pink-purple shimmer is a nice touch, as I especially love to slather this stuff on my shoulders, neck and decolletage.
I definitely love wearing this stuff. I get loads of compliments from men-- I swear it works as a bit of an attractant!
Like I previously mentioned, this scent does not work for everyone. I have a few mates who dated gals who swore by AP fragrance, but my pals always thought it smelled of insect repellent or something mildly medicinal.
I've heard of this scent being categorised as a Chypre, but I think it's completely unique to any other Chypre I've smelt.
It's sensual, and very gorgeous!

on 3/22/2007 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Like other reviewers here, I love the scent of this lotion, and it's great for layering with the EDP. The moisturising qualities are negligible, but I have plenty of other products for that. The scent is very like the EDP but not identical - the lotion format obviously brings out other notes - but you would not mistake it for anything other than Agent Provocateur.

The bottle is pretty, a pink bulb that matches the EDP bottle. I'm happy to have it on display in my bathroom.

This lotion is expensive, but I got mine very cheaply on an auction site and I would definitely buy it again if I could get the same deal. I'm not sure about paying full price though! continued >>

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I think they call this "Agent Provocateur Sauce - Body Glamour". At least that's what it says on my little pink lotion bottle. It is a soft, soapy, musky floral/rose scent. Much less rose than the EDP, and much more musk than the EDP. Very pretty scent. The lotion itself is more of a body milk - more runny and liquidy in texture than normal body lotions. It moisturizes about average. Smells nice when layered with the EDP. Pretty barely-there shimmer too.

on 11/5/2006 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Gave a lovely shimmer whick made my pale skin glow although it made it look a bit pinkish. Smelled absolutely amazing and the fragrance lingered for a while.On the downside I didn't find it very moisturising so could only wear it occassionally.
Will buy it again and recommend it to anybody who likes the Agent Provocateur perfume smell and anyone who's looking for a shimmering body lotion.

What a fantastic product... No, I normally never layer my fragrances with lotions... usually my scents will linger on my skin for a long time without doing so... but I love Agent Provocateur, Body Sauce all on its own... I love the golden-pinkish sheen this gives my skin... it makes it glow... I often wear Agent Provocateur edp on its own or in my hair if I decide to wear Body Sauce all over as I do in the summer :)

on 3/1/2006 9:31:00 AM

Let it be known that I am a layerer! I buy the lotion to every fragrance I've ever worn. I believe in using the shower gel, body lotion and fragrance to really get the scent to last. This is the first lotion that I've owned that you could actually get away with wearing the lotion alone. It's that good. It's silky, soft and emollient and blends in effortlessly. If your not big on the AP fragrance, alot of women have tried the AP sauce and found it much more
wearable. It's a softer version of the fragrance. You get a good size amount in the bottle, which is a replica of the perfume itself. There's a subtle pink shimmer to the lotion that gives your skin a glowy look. Well worth it in my opinion.

on 6/12/2005 2:49:00 PM

I have the perfume so I thought I would treat myself to this too. This is good for going out and adding a bit of shimmer but you cant really use it like a regular body lotion because of the shimmer plus its not a very big bottle. Good if you like the smell of the perfume.

Nope... not getting it, sorry. I loved the AP fragrance for ages, (until everyone and their dog started wearing it - I like my scent to be personal so when I started to smell it around me regularly when shopping I have to admit I went off it rather.)

But this lotion doesn't even smell like the fragrance. The smell was very strange, so musty and sugary I couldn't bear it near me, and the pink glitter looked very bright and tacky on my v. pale skin.

I have given this to my sister... we'll see how she gets on with it!!

Agent Provocateur is such a pretty fragrance. I bought the perfume and then about a month after bought the sauce - sheer heaven in a bottle.
I honestly think I've probably gotten more compliments on this set than on almost any other floralish fragrance I've worn. It is so feminine and fresh and chic - so pretty.

It moisturizes nicely enough although it is a mite light for the winter season. I layer it on top of a good fragrance-free cream in the cold months and that seems to not only cushion my skin from the elements but if I'm not mistaken the perfume lasts a shade longer, too.

Pretty in pink. I just adore this set. continued >>

on 3/9/2004 7:24:00 PM

Wow! This is great stuff! Very sexy and spicey, but after a few hours, turns into a gorgeous "skin" scent. I didn't like the EDP because it smelled much too masculine for me. But the Body Sauce is slightly sweeter, with more saffron coming out in the base. Plus, it gives off a nice, subtle shimmer that makes my skin glow (not sparkle). I can see myself wearing this a lot in the summer, on a very balmy Michigan night by the lake!