Illamasqua Cream Pigment in Hollow

Illamasqua Cream Pigment in Hollow

4.3

PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM (MINERAL OIL), PARAFFIN, HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE, OCTYLDODECANOL, CANDELILLA CERA (EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) AX), NYLON-12, CETYL PALMITATE, TOCOPHEROL, MAGNESIUM MYRISTATE, POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE, CERA ALBA (BEESWAX), PETROLATUM, CERA CARNAUBA (COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX), OLETH-10, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, BHT, GLYCERYL STEARATE, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, CITRIC ACID [ /- MAY CONTAIN: CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), CI 75470 (CARMINE), CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES), CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77491 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77492 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77289 (CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN), CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE), CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET), CI 16035 (RED 40 LAKE)] [NON-USA SHADES /-: CI 12085, CI 45380, CI 45410].

on 2/28/2016 6:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hollow is a perfect cool toned cream pigment for contouring, especially for those of you with superlight snow white skin, who often feel like they have mud on their face when reaching for other contour creams or powders. Another great use of this is for mixing lipstick shades. If you ever bought a lipstick in a very bright/bold shade (like a hot pink for example) that you don't use much because it's not very wearable, mix it with a bit of the Hollow pigment and you'll love it, because Hollow tones ever bright shade down, turning it into a mauve-y/nude/browny shade (depending on the colour of your lipstick), which is super wearable for the day.

on 2/1/2016 12:50:00 PM

Holy grail cream contouring product!!

This was one of the first products I bought with the intention of cream contouring with and I'm so glad I did - its fantastic. One of my favourite things about it is how cool toned it is! I'm an nc15 so for my me its perfect. I think it would work for someone up to nc20 since its so grey toned! It blends like an absolute dream! I use it around the temples, under the cheekbones and under the jawline since I am not blessed with natural cheekbones and structure! The end result is lovely and natural yet it can be intensified for a more Kim Kardashian look! I apply this after my foundation and blend it with either my beauty blender or zoeva 110 face shape for a "flawless" result. I've had this for about 4 months and have used it a lot, nearly every day and I'm no where near hitting pan. For £18.00 you get 8g of product! Since its a cream formula is set it with a powder (mac pro sculpting powder in sculpt) and apply that with the zoeva 122 luxe sheer cheek. The pair work great together. I haven't tried this on the eyes so cant judge it for that.

Overall I think this product is perfect for those who need a cool toned product for perfect cheekbones at a perfect price!

To Read all 12 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I think the packaging really works against this product.

The product itself is fine. I think it works okay as a contour. I wish it was a bit cooler toned. On my pale skin, it is still a smidge too warm to be a complete win for me. However, the texture is my biggest issue. I love cream product and I will always use a cream product over a powder if it is available. However, because this product is packaged in such a shallow container with such a large amount of the product exposed to the air (unlike MAC paint pots, or Maybelline Color Tattoos), it dries out quickly and get a sort of film over the top that has to be scrubbed through to get to fresh product. If they could package this product so it didn't dry out quickly, it would rank much higher with me.

on 10/20/2013 8:13:00 PM

After watching Pixowoo use this for a contour colour. I went and bought this. The SA tried it on me and it look so natural and it DOES NOT LOOK muddy/orange other products I tried. It works great on light-fair skin ladies. I am NW20 and I use this for contouring under my cheekbones and my nose and it looks so natural. Sometimes, for longer wear, I would use a bronzer on top of this cream pigment. The packaging is nice ! Give it a try!

My HG contour product.

I am incredibly pale (02 in Illamasqua, NW10 or even lower if they did that in MAC) but I basically want to look like a pale skinned Kardashian. I basically only watch the show for their contouring and to sigh with envy.

Colour - I have tried every contour product under the sun and this is by far and away the best for my skin. Hollow has no orange undertones like 90% of other contour products and so looks so incredibly real on fair skin, particularly skin with pink undertones. I would recommend however ensuring that either your lips or cheeks have a flush of colour in them or you can verge on looking a little tired (but in a sexy, look at my cheekbones way).

Application - What I did find tricky was application, I used a number of brushes and sponges until I landed on my Real Techniques contour brush which is perfect for picking up the colour (the product is quite thick so needs a densely packed brush). Once you have found the right tool however, it is perfect.

Price - Illamasqua is a bit more pricey than most brands but I have used this product every day for 3 months and have barely made a dent so the price per way is incredibly low.

An excellent contour color if you're fair to light skinned. If you know where to place it then it's basically fool proof because it builds slowly and subtly. It's very difficult to end up with a harsh line using this product. You can also use it as an eyeshadow base. The one thing that disliked, is the consistency. The product I received was quite hard and I was expecting something more emollient. However, I suppose if it was too creamy then it would have less staying power. Overall I like this product and I'll repurchase when I run out.

on 3/10/2013 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

skin: asian, lighter than nc15
This is my holy grail face contour! I hope they NEVER discontinue it! I am very fair so contour powders always end up looking too warm or orangey on my skin. This cream product is a perfect neutral taupe, and I would recommend it to anyone who has fair skin, and is looking for a contour product. It blends really easily and stays all day. It is quite a thick cream and practically dries to a powder finish. I think OCC has a cream product that is like a neutral taupe shade as well, but I'm not sure how that one works. I also like it a lot better than mac's pro powder in sculpt.

on 11/3/2012 6:50:00 PM

Nice eye colour base, it looks really nice with the purplse version as well. I like that you can also use it to contour with.

on 10/24/2012 7:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I love this pigment. It's a bit too light for contouring on my olive skin, but I use it as an eyeshadow base and it works fantastically well.
It lasts all day on my lids (with or without a powder shadow over it) and it's waterproof. It needs to be applied with a light hand, if it's too thick it will crease a little.

on 9/26/2012 11:44:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I have to say I was really impressed with this. Saw it used on Illas website in tuitorial video for the generation q look and ended up being able to swap for it. Im on the pale side and on me this is more of a my lids but better color rather than an obvious concealor color like uds eden primer potion which i have tried in the past. This stuff is great. it may look muddy and blah in the container but it is a wonderful product. I find that the amount used can make a difference- too much and it looks heavy and shadows crease over it after a very short time. So I use two swipes on my stila #2 brush and that is just the right amount of product to totally cover the reddish discolorations, look totally natural and keep my shadows on most of the day. Would definitely recommend and purchase again.