FairyDrops Scandal Queen Mascara

FairyDrops Scandal Queen Mascara

3.9

on 12/7/2018 5:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I really liked this mascara, but it was basically identical to Heroine Kiss's performance (one of my HG's, for the record) for a higher price ($18 USD).

This mascara has a typical Japanese formulation - fiber based, sebum-proof, and holds a curl like no tomorrow. That's my favorite type of mascara as I have normal length, low volume Asian eyelashes that refuse to hold a curl if the formula is not waterproof. It needs an oil based remover to be taken off properly.

I think the packaging is gorgeous. It's metallic pink with white outlines of roses. The wand is a little tricky to navigate but with some care anyone with my kind of eyelashes should be able to achieve curled, prominent lashes. As a caveat I always use an eyelash curler before application. I'm a one-coat kinda gal, and I don't think this is exactly the kind of mascara that would layer very nicely if I was being honest. Fiber mascaras don't work like that.

After three months this mascara will start flaking off. I wouldn't purchase again because I enjoy the hunt for different mascaras, but if someone gifted me this I would definitely use it again.

on 3/7/2018 4:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This mascara is dope. I have long eyelashes but fairly sparse and straight, this mascara adds length and gives them a great curl. Its nice and black, relatively volumizing and gives great coverage without clumping my lashes together. The first time i used it i was really impressed, it does everything it claims to do on the packaging. Ive already decided i will stock up on more tubes while i am visiting hong kong. At 120hkd/$19 aud the pricing is standard and for the quality of the product i think its great value.
I love also that it is a tubing mascara as it is so much easier to completely remove! Taking off normal mascara is a pain in the butt and i find it never fully comes off, tubing mascaras are the way forward!

on 2/1/2018 1:15:00 AM

Good waterproof mascara that separates lashes and holds curl. It also lasted a long time before it started to dry out. I probably won’t repurchase because it’s too hard to find.

on 9/16/2016 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

BEST MASCARA EVER!
I use the waterproof version and I promise you it does not move one bit. I can rub my eyes and it will be still be intact. Even gone for a run with it on. Only problem with this is that you have to use a good eye makeup remover to get it off.
It holds a curl pretty well but I have stubbornly straight lashes so they start to fall throughout the day but this still holds them better than any other mascara I've tried.

on 9/17/2014 9:07:00 PM

THIS is seriously the best mascara EVER. When I first bought it, I loved it, then would try something new and realize how horrible that was compared to fairy drops. Now I know to never stray from it ! It is the only mascara that has ever actually curled my lashes/held the curl. No smudging (although it flakes a bit... but thats way better IMO). I think its perfect for asian eyes or "short" eyes due to the curve being too small for caucasian people with giant eyes. highly recommended!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I got this mascara when sephora was still carrying it. At first look, the packaging is definitely adorable. The gold with red accents makes it stand out and super easy to find in a makeup bag. The wand is curved with 3 lumps on the end. The lumps make it harder for the stopper to really take off the excess product on the wand when you pull it out. But I don't need to redip my brush in the tube for more product. The mascara itself it very nice. You can see the fibers in the formula; that stuff coats your lashes and gives you length and volume. Its a tubing mascara meaning the formula coats your lashes and creates a tube like structure on your lashes making them look the way they do, darker, longer, and more voluminous. It also means that it doesn't smudge or give you panda bear eyes. I've never had any issues with it smudging or flaking. Sometimes when I do minimal makeup, I forget I have mascara on and I'll rub my eyes and the mascara will still be intact and not smudged. It also means that it comes off easily with warm water in the shower just in case you forget to remove your mascara before you hop in. But do be gentle when you rub the mascara off the eyelashes or else your eyelashes might fall off with it. In the end, I really like the mascara even if its a bit more expensive than what I would like to spend on it. I've seen the other versions of this mascara at a japanese store I'm planning on trying those before I repurchase this. But I will definitely repurchase this if I do not find a better or cheaper mascara that I like. Sucks that sephora doesn't carry it anymore.

on 5/25/2013 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this mascara so much. I look for volume and thickening in mascaras, and this one delivers fabulously on both. It's a fiber mascara, very dark black, and waterproof. The brush is kind of weird and curvy, I don't think the bulbs do anything in particular but it works.
The stopper in the bottle doesn't quite remove all of the gunk on the wand, so you'll want to scrape it off a bit before you apply to avoid clumps. I still use a lash comb afterward because I like separation, and the fibers take some finagling to get just right. So, application takes a bit more effort than usual, but I think it's worth it.
This is my go-to going out, bold, femme fatale mascara. It doesn't flake, fade, or smudge on me. I actually like the flashy packaging, it's distinctive and there's nothing else like it in my mascara bin. It's on the expensive side but for me it's completely worth it, I'd absolutely recommend this and buy it again myself.

on 4/19/2013 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Summary: One of my favorite brands of mascara is Fairy Drops, so it's no surprise that when Fairy Drops released a mascara in the U.S. I would be buying it. The formula of this mascara is so different than the general formula they use on their Japanese mascaras. It's much heavier because it's aimed to appeal to a much different market (catering to those with different styles of lashes. Many East Asian lashes are short, sparse, and naturally angle downwards, so mascaras sold in countries like Japan, South Korea, etc. typically have dryer formulas in comparison to those sold in North America and Western Europe). At first I was disappointed because this difference in formula weighed down my lashes, giving an immediate loss of curl. But I quickly learned that this would simply not be a base mascara, and used it as a layering one instead. As a layering mascara, this gives the best volume I have ever used in any other mascara.

Pros: Amazing Volume

Cons: juvenile design (in my opinion of course), non synthetic brush so it eventually lost its shape

Overall Verdict: I recommend this product to anyone who wants lots and lots of volume. It's able to provide that benefit without clumping which is really great. I will definitely be repurchasing this.

on 1/4/2013 8:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

One of my favorite mascaras. It curls your lashes in a beautiful way. It gives me both volume and length, and my lashes look really bold after just two coats. My only complain is that it seems to flake after a few hours. Wish they could improve their formula.

I initially like this mascara. I got great length and volume. But after a few weeks... My eyelashes started to fall out... Every time I would touch my lashes 2-3 lashes would fall... The mascara made my lashes rock hard which I think made them keep their curl , but because it made my lashes hard ... It them fragile... So I took off one lippie for the price 28$can and Another for making my lashes fragile