FairyDrops Scandal Queen Mascara

FairyDrops Scandal Queen Mascara

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am sooooo confused on why this has so many good reviews. I was so excited to order this, I got it express shipped from Amazon and paid 30 bucks total. It is by far the worst mascara I've ever used. It is too wet and it doesn't hold a curl whatsoever (I tried curling before and after). I even got the waterproof version bc I know those usually hold a curl better... but not in this case. No length and you need at least four coats to get any volume. Is there a trick to this that I just don't know about?

on 9/16/2016 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

BEST MASCARA EVER!
I use the waterproof version and I promise you it does not move one bit. I can rub my eyes and it will be still be intact. Even gone for a run with it on. Only problem with this is that you have to use a good eye makeup remover to get it off.
It holds a curl pretty well but I have stubbornly straight lashes so they start to fall throughout the day but this still holds them better than any other mascara I've tried.

on 11/25/2014 7:55:00 AM

I was upset when Sephora stopped carrying this product. I recently ordered from the Fairy Drop website, to my surprise, it came in the mail the next day! So happy to have my beloved mascara again. Seriously best mascara ever! I've tried them all and nothing compares.

on 11/9/2014 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I loved this mascara, but I don't know where to buy it now that Sephora no longer carries it. Understand that I am rarely satisfied with a mascara, but Scandel Queen is as close to perfect I've ever experienced. It is jet black, provides crazy curling volume that stays all day, lengthens, and comes off easily with soap and water. I believe the secret is the crazy three bump brush plus the formula that keeps lashes just stiff enough to hold curl. This stuff is amazing!

I love the brush. It makes it so easy to apply. I have really long, fairly thick lashes so I can't say that I look for a mascara to give me drama. The thing I love about this mascara is that it doesn't flake or transfer on eyelids and that is remarkable because I have oily eyelids. Rich black glossy color too. Plus does not clump.

on 9/17/2014 9:07:00 PM

THIS is seriously the best mascara EVER. When I first bought it, I loved it, then would try something new and realize how horrible that was compared to fairy drops. Now I know to never stray from it ! It is the only mascara that has ever actually curled my lashes/held the curl. No smudging (although it flakes a bit... but thats way better IMO). I think its perfect for asian eyes or "short" eyes due to the curve being too small for caucasian people with giant eyes. highly recommended!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This little Japanese beauty is pretty good at what it does. I mean, it's a mascara. It will lengthen and darken your lashes, but don't ask too much of it - no skyscraper lashes here. You know those nifty little bottom lash mascaras? I use this exclusively for my bottom lashes. It gives a subtle, spaced out effect on the top lashes but really excels in covering my bottom lashes and making me feel like a cute lil' lolita doll. That's probably because of the brush which I LOVE - must be a FairyDrops exclusive because I haven't seen such a unique brush in our Western brands. I think the Scandal Queen is only different to the original in that it gives thicker, blacker lashes? I favour big long LOOK AT ME lashes so while this isn't my favourite mascara overall, it's still worthwhile to have! Got this in an NYC Sephora and while I don't remember the exact price, I don't remember weeping as I handed my dollars over.. Good sign, I think.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I got this mascara when sephora was still carrying it. At first look, the packaging is definitely adorable. The gold with red accents makes it stand out and super easy to find in a makeup bag. The wand is curved with 3 lumps on the end. The lumps make it harder for the stopper to really take off the excess product on the wand when you pull it out. But I don't need to redip my brush in the tube for more product. The mascara itself it very nice. You can see the fibers in the formula; that stuff coats your lashes and gives you length and volume. Its a tubing mascara meaning the formula coats your lashes and creates a tube like structure on your lashes making them look the way they do, darker, longer, and more voluminous. It also means that it doesn't smudge or give you panda bear eyes. I've never had any issues with it smudging or flaking. Sometimes when I do minimal makeup, I forget I have mascara on and I'll rub my eyes and the mascara will still be intact and not smudged. It also means that it comes off easily with warm water in the shower just in case you forget to remove your mascara before you hop in. But do be gentle when you rub the mascara off the eyelashes or else your eyelashes might fall off with it. In the end, I really like the mascara even if its a bit more expensive than what I would like to spend on it. I've seen the other versions of this mascara at a japanese store I'm planning on trying those before I repurchase this. But I will definitely repurchase this if I do not find a better or cheaper mascara that I like. Sucks that sephora doesn't carry it anymore.

on 8/7/2013 10:45:00 PM

I was disappointed. Maybe I was expecting too much. I found this mascara did deliver on making my lashes look longer and thicker; however, the consistency was thick. The heavy consistency built up around the brush (look at the sample picture and imagine the bit on the top not so slowly building each use despite all efforts to annihilate the excess). The consistency inhibited the brush from having the impact it should have. The brush and mascara formulation were a bad combination which resulted in having to apply the mascara over and over to get an even coat. The color was also not as dark as it could have been. Rename it Clump Queen.

I would not buy this particular mascara again but I would try other mascaras by FairyDrops.

on 5/31/2013 11:45:00 AM

For $24, I expect WOW from a mascara. Sadly, this didn't give me WOW.

I purchased on Amazon. Love the gorgeous tube and the slightly wet formula which does apply so very smoothly. The funky brush is OK. The glossy black color is nice.

This gives me very good length, OK volume (again, I wanted WOW). But what I truly hate is the internal thing that is supposed to scrape off excess product upon withdrawing the brush = USELESS! It doesn't scrape any extra off = I have to be VERY careful w/ application or its clump city (Fairdrops could take a lesson from L'Oreal Voluminous and Revlon Grow Luscious Lash potion).