FairyDrops Scandal Queen Mascara

FairyDrops Scandal Queen Mascara

3.8

on 11/18/2012 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I was SO excited to try this mascara because of all the hype. I thought the brush was so cool and I thought it would give me super full lashes. Nope. It looked really weird on me- my lashes clumped together so badly it looked like I only had about 5 lashes on each eye. Just....strange. Tried it several different ways and I got this result every time. Sadly I returned it to Sephora.

on 4/18/2012 11:59:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Meh.....this is not a horrible mascara but it comes out a little clumpier than most and given the cost it's not fantastic. The brush is kind of cool and unique but it's nothing amazing.

on 8/7/2013 10:45:00 PM

I was disappointed. Maybe I was expecting too much. I found this mascara did deliver on making my lashes look longer and thicker; however, the consistency was thick. The heavy consistency built up around the brush (look at the sample picture and imagine the bit on the top not so slowly building each use despite all efforts to annihilate the excess). The consistency inhibited the brush from having the impact it should have. The brush and mascara formulation were a bad combination which resulted in having to apply the mascara over and over to get an even coat. The color was also not as dark as it could have been. Rename it Clump Queen.

I would not buy this particular mascara again but I would try other mascaras by FairyDrops.

on 5/31/2013 11:45:00 AM

For $24, I expect WOW from a mascara. Sadly, this didn't give me WOW.

I purchased on Amazon. Love the gorgeous tube and the slightly wet formula which does apply so very smoothly. The funky brush is OK. The glossy black color is nice.

This gives me very good length, OK volume (again, I wanted WOW). But what I truly hate is the internal thing that is supposed to scrape off excess product upon withdrawing the brush = USELESS! It doesn't scrape any extra off = I have to be VERY careful w/ application or its clump city (Fairdrops could take a lesson from L'Oreal Voluminous and Revlon Grow Luscious Lash potion).

on 8/3/2012 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

So this mascara was my next product on my mascara quest and I'm quite pleased. It doesn't run when working out, but it comes off easily in the shower. Gives big voluptuous lashes. The brush is a bit difficult to use at first however once I got the hang of it, it yielded good results. I take off one star because I need to use a lash comb it minimize clumping.

----
Taking off a star. I've been using this mascara for a bit longer now and its clump city! Its waterproof formula is amazing since it comes off easily, but even with a lash comb its difficult not to end up looking like you have 3 or 4 giant eyelashes.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This little Japanese beauty is pretty good at what it does. I mean, it's a mascara. It will lengthen and darken your lashes, but don't ask too much of it - no skyscraper lashes here. You know those nifty little bottom lash mascaras? I use this exclusively for my bottom lashes. It gives a subtle, spaced out effect on the top lashes but really excels in covering my bottom lashes and making me feel like a cute lil' lolita doll. That's probably because of the brush which I LOVE - must be a FairyDrops exclusive because I haven't seen such a unique brush in our Western brands. I think the Scandal Queen is only different to the original in that it gives thicker, blacker lashes? I favour big long LOOK AT ME lashes so while this isn't my favourite mascara overall, it's still worthwhile to have! Got this in an NYC Sephora and while I don't remember the exact price, I don't remember weeping as I handed my dollars over.. Good sign, I think.

on 11/30/2012 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this mostly because of all the hype, and the fact that it's Japanese. I'm a sucker for any Asian thing I can get my hands on in Canada. The packaging might have had something to do with it too... Anyway, It's a good product, I suppose. Practically impossible to apply without making a mess, it really takes practice. And I find it clumps my lashes together a bit. And VERY expensive! Otherwise it is a decent product, though I won't repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

The brush is innovative and gives me a very sweet but made up look (makes me think this is intended for Lolita fashion). It's seems to curl lengthen and volumize well and it doesn't define badly either. I've yet to find anything I consider perfect but this one is quite good. The packaging is cute too. My gripe is I always have to wipe the brush off as it collects to much product, I think a smaller hole in the top of the tube would make this mascara better.

This mascara does exactly what I need it do to: curl. I already have a lot of long lashes but they are stick straight. I hate using eyelash curlers but it's the only thing that worked, until I bought this!
It was recommended to me by the salesperson at Sephora and I am very glad I shelled out the $20something for this.
word of advice though, you will need to wipe off excess before you start applying it. Since the brush is curved, lots of product get left on the brush. If you don't wipe it off with a tissue, you will have some funky looking lashes...
other than that, this mascara is a miracle. I no longer have to use an eyelash curler! It is also very versatile. If you want curl, run the brush up on the underside of the lashes. If you want volume, run the brush down on the topside of the lashes. Or do both!
Only downside to this beauty is that it is only water resistant, not water proof. There is now a waterproof version available but I haven't seen it in Sephora yet...

on 11/9/2014 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I loved this mascara, but I don't know where to buy it now that Sephora no longer carries it. Understand that I am rarely satisfied with a mascara, but Scandel Queen is as close to perfect I've ever experienced. It is jet black, provides crazy curling volume that stays all day, lengthens, and comes off easily with soap and water. I believe the secret is the crazy three bump brush plus the formula that keeps lashes just stiff enough to hold curl. This stuff is amazing!